Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited December 2014

its actually $200 so only $88 saved. I still had the price of $25/mo. in mind.. sorry.

Thanked by 1xyz
  • xyz said: Hmm, great pricing (if legit), crazy that the normal server costs ~$61, and is actually "worse" (not truly unlimited bandwidth).

Keep in mind that this is a promotional offer (50% off) and that the Hetzner price includes Hetzner employees + profit margin. I don't think a lot of people use 30TB/mo. (I don't :D).

• got quick responses to my mail and ordered already. can confirm the $200 offer for unmanaged. I am willing to take the risk for that price...

bandwidth doesn't really matter to me, mostly I'll be far away from even 30 TB ;-)

• @Falzo said:
    got quick responses to my mail and ordered already. can confirm the $200 offer for unmanaged. I am willing to take the risk for that price...

bandwidth doesn't really matter to me, mostly I'll be far away from even 30 TB ;-)

Tell me/us CPU and HDD power on hours? :0 I am curious.

• will do that! just got the invoice corrected (unmanaged) and paid. support is very good so far, one have to keep in mind its christmas/holiday!
    I wouldn't complain if it would take longer to set things up because of this ;-)

• Falzo said: will do that! just got the invoice corrected (unmanaged) and paid. support is very good so far, one have to keep in mind its christmas/holiday! I wouldn't complain if it would take longer to set things up because of this ;-)

I don't think it will take long. :) Tell us how long it took once you have it?

• got a message from uniweb already that it may take until monday, because of hetzner does setup of servers only during business hours. that's fine with me, I am long time customer with hetzner and understand these conditions.

TBH, I would have been really surprised, if they had the server already activated and waiting for... I'll keep you updated in here ;-)

• Falzo said:

got a message from uniweb already that it may take until monday, because of hetzner does setup of servers only during business hours. that's fine with me, I am long time customer with hetzner and understand these conditions.

TBH, I would have been really surprised, if they had the server already activated and waiting for... I'll keep you updated in here ;-)

Ah :( My server was set up 1 hr after business hours began, on the 24th. No provisioning on weekends? Pfft..

• 24th isn't a holiday around here, so that makes sense ;-)
    as far as I know, only the servers from their auction platform are provisioned automatically.

maybe hetzner does surprise us and sets the box up faster than monday - doesn't really matter to me, I am very patiently to all this and @uniweb has been very communicative about this so far, can't complain...

• Friend of mine contacted Hetzner support about uniwebhosting. Thats the answer:

Sehr geehrter Herr xxxx,
    wir haben keine Business Partner.
    Es kann schon sein, dass der bei uns Server anbietet und weitervermietet,
    aber
    offizielle Partner haben wir keine.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    xxxx
    Leitung Produktberatung / Vertrieb

It says that Hetzner has no business partners at all! So they are just renting the servers as anyone else.

• LeeLee Veteran

Falzo said: as far as I know, only the servers from their auction platform are provisioned automatically.

Nope, they have auto provision on all servers.

• I think they are selling the servers yearly and they pay monthly to hetzner. After 2-3 months they will suspend you because of something. A company for 10 years without a single review and now boom with such a offer! Why hetzner will destroy his business with uniweb lol? The partner sell a server cheaper then hetzner? Common...

Thanked by 2sepei Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2014

Yup it's so fishy. You can't pay Hetzner yearly but as you say they are asking clients to pay yearly then monthly to Hetzner. There is no way they are getting them so cheap. Of course they take a yearly fee and if you leave before they refund nothing.

So they are loosing large sums on each box, I can understand it if it's only a 1 or 2 month special offer but thats not whats being offered.

I do significant business with Hetzner and they offer me very little in additional benefits.

Their site does state "Prices are with included discount of 50% for the first year of service." which seems right money wise, but even then it makes no sense to under price to that much of a loss.

• uniwebuniweb Member
    edited December 2014

Prices included discount of 50% for the first year of service. , from today , for New Customers. We want to be here for long time for our clients, be cause we are here for them. Don`t worry. We have experience of 10 years. We have a long cooperation with Hetzner, ex the planet and others. we have our business for this price. business company.

• @uniweb what do you mean with business company. The response of why I can't pay monthly was "business company" too

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2014

@uniweb - How are you covering your losses? You are not getting Hetzner servers at a discount (certainly not close to what you are charging) so you are loosing quite a bit on every sale. If someone buys from you they need to know how you are funding those losses.

I have a long co-operation with Hetzner too and my business to them is in the high £x,xxx each month.

• @uniweb I got an official statement from Hetzner that they don't have any "official business partners" so what does the term "business partner" means for you?

• We have a long cooperation with Hetzner. Don`t worry abou balans or our revenues in our company, we have a plans for a long time. We investing money in our succes for a time.
    we on this forum we are not very active , for any further questions please send email to us.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2014

I smell BS....

Will look forward to seeing how this pans out.

A comment from earlier which rings alarm bells.

"all invoices go through PayPal and 2Checkout system, which is in the USA, very safe for giving money back if that will be necessary. So there is no additional tax for customers from the EU. Invoices are issued from Serbia."

Thanked by 1Mitchfizz05
  • uniwebuniweb Member
    edited December 2014

without comment, 2Checkout is the safest company for payment and refund the money.
    Serbia is a European country, and there is no need for such comments. issued from Serbia, due to tax for EU customers (not pay tax), such is our law..

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

Do you have a control panel for the servers? (like reinstall, reboot,...)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited December 2014

@patrick7 said:
    Do you have a control panel for the servers? (like reinstall, reboot,...)

You will get access to the Hetzner robot panel on request.

• About VAT:

Selling to consumers

If you sell goods and send them to consumers in another EU country, you need to register there and charge VAT at the rate applicable in that country - unless the total value of your sales to that country in the year falls below the limit set by the country (EUR 35 000 or EUR 100 000).

• By "ex the planet" he seems to mean https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Planet_Internet_Services , which means they must have been around for a while.

Their Facebook indicates that they have been offering the i7-4770 for 20€ since Nov 15.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2014

4n0nx said: Their reviews are difficult to find.

I found them plenty (it's easier for me because I more or less understand language) and they are mixed. Some are positive, some are negative (mostly about bad, slow support and some incidents regarding domain renewals). Far from perfect, but nothing drastic. A lot of reviews said that they were good several years ago, but not so great lately. The oldest reviews I found are shared hosting related from 2008.
    From what I saw they use Hetzner for shared hosting for more than 5 years, but not much posted about dedis, so my guess is that they aren't too long into this.
    I wish them luck in hope to succed with legitimate business, but personally I wouldn't prepay dedicated server for whole year. Too much unknown here.

• If they increase the price for a quarterly offer, I'd be much more likely to buy. Not willing to gamble $300, if they last 3-4 months it'll be difficult to chargeback if they do shut off service.

• Spirit said: I found them plenty (it's easier for me because I more or less understand language) and they are mixed. Some are positive, some are negative (mostly about bad, slow support and some incidents regarding domain renewals). Far from perfect, but nothing drastic. A lot of reviews said that they were good several years ago, but not so great lately. The oldest reviews I found are shared hosting related from 2008.

From what I saw they use Hetzner for shared hosting more than 5 years, but not much posted about dedis, so my guess is that they aren't too long into this.

Thanks! Now they only need to stay in business for another decade... :D

• @Falzo

server is active.

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • @uniweb said:
    server is active.

Thanks! I've just seen the mails, login for hetzner robot too, as promised ;-)

just in a hurry, so will get back to this later...

Thanked by 1karjaj