Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pure SSD VPS in the UK - 230K IOPS!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pure SSD VPS in the UK - 230K IOPS!

jhjh Member
edited June 2012 in Offers

Hi, I'm James Hadley, the owner and operator of Killer IO™. My endeavour is simple: to provide a viable alternative hosting solution for anyone who needs a high-performance SSD VPS and Plesk-based shared hosting here in the UK.

I've created a customised configuration using the latest solid state drives to deliver up to 230K IOPS or around 1.5-2GB/s of disk IO for the most demanding applications. To put that into perspective, that's around 200x faster than a typical hard disk, and around 2-4x faster than a typical solid state drive.

VPSs are hosted on server-grade hardware with Intel Xeon E3 processors, DDR3 memory and fast, UK bandwidth. I have set up these servers using the KVM virtualisation software to enable full management and keep costs low. Management is via the SolusVM console.

256MB RAM
3GB Pure SSD (230K IOPS)
100GB Bandwidth
£4.49/month ($7 USD) with coupon 5O63CUJ1PY
Order

Test IP: 91.227.221.121
Test Download: 100MB
Data Centre: Custodian DC in Kent, UK (Level3 Bandwidth!)

Orders should be set up immediately assuming they pass fraud checks. There are some benchmarks on my blog.

Comments

• TaylorTaylor Member

On your blog it says OpenVZ and on your other post it says > @jhadley said: I have set up these servers using the OpenVZ , but on this one its KVM?

• jhjh Member

@Taylor said: On your blog it says OpenVZ and on your other post it says > @jhadley said: I have set up these servers using the OpenVZ , but on this one its KVM?

It's KVM. I'll change the blog post now. Had some trouble getting OpenVZ to work with the storage as there isn't a kernel 3 for it yet.

• DamianDamian Member

Additional disk space available by the gigabyte?

• jhjh Member
    edited June 2012

@Damian said: Additional disk space available by the gigabyte?

£1.75/GB - email me :)

• innyainnya Member

Are you using vooserver?

• jhjh Member

@innya said: Are you using vooserver?

Yes

• innyainnya Member

vooserver is pretty good.

• jhjh Member

I want to do a guide of installing the OS, so the next order with CentOS is eligible for a free OS install :)

• flyfly Member

@jhadley said: I want to do a guide of installing the OS, so the next order with CentOS is eligible for a free OS install :)

why don't you spawn yourself an instance and not bother your customers with it.

• jhjh Member

@kbar said: why don't you spawn yourself an instance and not bother your customers with it.

Thought I could save someone some time s'all.