Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• Ruriko said: But paypal doesn't give buyer protection for virtual items which includes web hosting

That's why I paid with credit card. Should be ok no matter what, right?

sepei said: or this is just a good and well planned rip off. I mean they make about 100-200 euros win per deddi if they just give it for 1 month. And if it wouldn't be a fake how they make a positiv result from this

Looks to me like it could barely work. Of course it would take more than a year for the servers to be paid off, but it's a 50% promo only valid until 31.12.2014 so..

• I just saw they are corporate member on WHT:
    https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=9325954&postcount=35

That's probably a good thing?

• maybe they have budget for making even loss with their offer, just out of marketing purposes. not everything has always to be a win in terms of pure money...

as far as my experience is with hetzner, they're very reliable, but short on special offers with their normal products. every single additional IP is 1 € monthly, so 3 for free with those server will be 36 € yearly - hopefully uniweb really has some special conditions or a considerable marketing budget on that whole thing ;-)

if it was not already written anywhere, one should probably mentioned, that unmetered at hetzner means up to 30TB with 200 MBit guaranteed and after that dropping to 10MBit.

In terms of abuse german providers may be very strict, so I would hope uniweb as man in the middle will be able to handle this well, just to not loose their reputation with hetzner and therefore impact their availablity to 'good' customers...

@uniweb: how do you handle VAT for customers from europe, regarding that you have an registered business in amsterdam, and maybe serbia will become a member of EU sometimes? are you aware of the upcoming VAT changes? from which country you do the invoices and therefore taxes?

• Falzo said: if it was not already written anywhere, one should probably mentioned, that unmetered at hetzner means up to 30TB with 200 MBit guaranteed and after that dropping to 10MBit.

Support confirmed me that bandwidth is truly unlimited.

• uniwebuniweb Member
    edited December 2014

@Falzo

all invoices go through PayPal and 2Checkout system, which is in the USA, very safe for giving money back if that will be necessary. So there is no additional tax for customers from the EU. Invoices are issued from Serbia.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @4n0nx said:
    Support confirmed me that bandwidth is truly unlimited.

for sure you can use as much traffic as you can get through the line, thats nothing I wont deny ;-)
    but AFAIK you get limited to max 10 MBit/s for the rest of month after first 30 TB (thats a lot though)... at least that is what I got with all my hetzner boxes so far.

@uniweb: it has been mentioned that one can have this servers from you unmanaged too...
    are you aware, that with hetzner admin panel you can do an additional login/account for each server individually? (just to make it possible to manage reboots and rescue etc.)

would you consider making use of this option to give it to your (unmanaged) customers? (to get rid of the need on contacting support whenever a reboot is needed)

• Falzo said: but AFAIK you get limited to max 10 MBit/s for the rest of month after first 30 TB (thats a lot though)

No.. you get limited to 10 mbit/s once and if you want to have full speed again you need to agree to pay 1€/TB or something like that..

http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Traffic/en

Support said to me that it is truly unmetered gbps with 200 mbit/s guaranteed.

Falzo said: @uniweb: it has been mentioned that one can have this servers from you unmanaged too... are you aware, that with hetzner admin panel you can do an additional login/account for each server individually? (just to make it possible to manage reboots and rescue etc.)

would you consider making use of this option to give it to your (unmanaged) customers? (to get rid of the need on contacting support whenever a reboot is needed)

That would be lovely

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • 4n0nx said: No.. you get limited to 10 mbit/s once and if you want to have full speed again you need to agree to pay 1€/TB or something like that..

you're so right! I've just read the wiki again, must have missremembered this for the time being...
    so maybe uniweb has already agreed to be charged for overtraffic to get not limited to 10Mbit ;-)

I am really considering on getting one of these boxes now - just a login for the admin panel to be able to reboot or use rescue-option would be the dealbreaker...

@4n0nx: could you please be so kind and look after the poweron-hours of the harddrives? (just out of curiosity if those servers are probably reused ones from hetzners auctions ;-))

• Falzo said: @4n0nx: could you please be so kind and look after the poweron-hours of the harddrives? (just out of curiosity if those servers are probably reused ones from hetzners auctions ;-))

If you tell me how to do that with software RAID1 :)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2014

# smartctl -a /dev/sda |grep Power_On

works fine for me (2nd disk with /dev/sdb) - may depend on your OS though...

PS: smartctl is part of smartmontools package on debian/ubuntu and probably other distributions too...

• @Falzo said:
    # smartctl -a /dev/sda |grep Power_On

9 Power_On_Hours 0x0032 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 57

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • thanks again! 57 hours... thats what I would call brand new...

• This is arghhh. Still so damn cheap but still worried :(

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2014

BuyAds said: This thing smells to me. Dealing with a company that is operated in serbia is same as doing business with fidel castro

I wonder were are you from... Maybe the US? You seem to think that every country that is too "exotic" for you, is third or fourth world... Well, for your information, Serbia is one of the most developed countries in Europe, even if they are not in EU and they suffered from 2 civil wars just 20 and 15 years ago! They bombed from the US and alliances but they managed to escape from hell and now they offer to their citizents mutch more than US or most of EU countries do...

I am not Serbian nor I live ther, I am from Greece but I have visited Serbia (and most of european countries) and I can tell you that many of average British or Americans would love to live there, if only they knew what the life is (good health system, lower unemployment than most of EU countries, high education level, high technology level, a wonderful country etc.).

So, dealing with a company in Serbia is much better than dealing with kiddie and scam host that are the majority of LEBs in the US.

Not to mention that Cuba, even with their not so developed democracy rools, has benefits compared to the... "first world" and that people and business there is much more reliable than companies in US or EU...

• @Falzo said:
    thanks again! 57 hours... thats what I would call brand new...

Oh so that was actually the power on hours. XD sdb has same age.

• @4n0nx said:

you may do something like # smartctl -a /dev/sda |grep Model to see what kind of HDDs they are using ;-)

(don't expect to much, hetzner is known to not use enterprise grade hardware on their lower range of products ;-))

• Falzo said: you may do something like # smartctl -a /dev/sda |grep Model to see what kind of HDDs they are using ;-)

(don't expect to much, hetzner is known to not use enterprise grade hardware on their lower range of products ;-))

WDC WD2000FYYZ-01UL1B2

Internet says "enterprise" hard drive.

• @4n0nx said:

and again something very tempting... if @uniweb is willing to make a subsidiary account to manage the server via hetzners admin panel, I am for sure will get one of these. ;-)

• Falzo said: . if @uniweb is willing to make a subsidiary account to manage the server via hetzners admin panel

Yes, please ^.^ @uniweb

• @jvnadr said:

you made it look like I said it. >.>

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2014

4n0nx said: you made it look like I said it. >.>

Terribly sorry! Not at all, I quoted the qrong person... BuyAds said that... I fixed that.

• @jvnadr said:
    Terribly sorry! Not at all, I quoted the qrong person... BuyAds said that... I fixed that.

No big deal I was just saying in case someone doesnt notice. :p

• uniwebuniweb Member
    edited December 2014

@Falzo said: it has been mentioned that one can have this servers from you unmanaged too... are you aware, that with hetzner admin panel you can do an additional login/account for each server individually? (just to make it possible to manage reboots and rescue etc.)

Of course, this is not a problem.

Thanked by 2Host4Go skizoid
  • you get Robot control panel (https://robot.your-server.de) automatic hardware reset, Rescue OS, Linux, Unix OS automatically install debian, ubuntu, OpenSuSE, and VNC, monitoring, Backup. For request, please open a ticket.

• uniweb said: you get Robot control panel (https://robot.your-server.de) automatic hardware reset, Rescue OS, Linux, Unix OS automatically install debian, ubuntu, OpenSuSE, and VNC, monitoring, Backup. For request, please open a ticket.

:D THANK YOU I will open a ticket right away

• The ticket was answered in 3 minutes and I have access to the Hetzner robot panel now. The server says EX40 (30 TB) but support once again confirmed in the same ticket that "Traffic is unlimited, no speed limits.".

I am finding it very difficult to remain suspicious. Maybe I am just really naive or this is the most elaborate scam ever, but so far this has been the greatest deal I have ever made (save even more unmanaged), with among the best support (works on Christmas, tickets seem to get answered within minutes or hours). Any thoughts?

Thanked by 1xyz
  • What's the saving you get going unmanaged?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited December 2014

xyz said: What's the saving you get going unmanaged?

$88 in my case, it is probably different per plan and once the promo is over. You need to ask them:
    https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=9325089&postcount=27

//edited price

• just wrote an email @uniweb to order ;-) lets see how this works out...

• $100 in my case

So $188/year ($15.67/month) for the i7?

Hmm, great pricing (if legit), crazy that the normal server costs ~$61, and is actually "worse" (not truly unlimited bandwidth).
    I'll probably stay away from this gamble, but do keep us updated!