Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Hello, anyone here using their dedicated server? Please share your experience. They offer i7-4770 server @ 84 EUR/Quarter or 240 EUR/Year (20 EUR/Month), the price is too cheap but I can't find any review about them :(

Thanked by 1RepkoNetworks

Comments

• looks like this works only as one time discount if you choose yearly billing with promo-code?
    interesting offer though.

Thanked by 2supick vld
  • The offer is quite tempting but check for the reviews before you go ahead.

Thanked by 1supick
  • The offer is very tempting with that much storage. The promo code seems to work only for annual payments so you'll have a €240 hit at the start (about £190 for those of us in the UK).

A couple of things to be careful of:

• Remember next year it is going to renew at €480.

• A lot of the site is not available in English even if you click the relevant flag or pick the option in drop-lists - this might not bode well for support if you need it should a problem happen.

• It says nothing about VAT or other sales tax, so keep an eye on the order process as this is sometimes added later.

• It says nothing about IPv4 address allocation. While it is unlikely it will have none at all this would be worth checking.

• It says little about OS options, again check with their support for info (a slow response to your questions would be a warning about future support)

• The location of the server may be very important: what is the bandwidth and latency likely to be between you and your target users).

• It says nothing about bandwidth allowance. Another thing to talk to them about.

Thanked by 2supick ehab
  • I ordered a server and received it. It seems to be a regular Hetzner server (the one for 49€). VAT seems to be included. The current offer is recurring.

Also: http://tech.tiq.cc/2014/12/uniwebhosting-com-dedicated-server-review/

• @4n0nx how many IPs did you get with your server?

I'm still trying to figure out how they can get such a deep discount on hetzner boxes. I'm worried they're going to pay for them for 3 months then split with the remaining cash.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited December 2014

@mikeyur said:
    4n0nx how many IPs did you get with your server?

I'm still trying to figure out how they can get such a deep discount on hetzner boxes. I'm worried they're going to pay for them for 3 months then split with the remaining cash.

4 IPv4 and a /64 IPv6. You only get 1 IPv4 initially and have to "order" the other 2 via ticket. I am a little worried,too, but I mean they have existed for 10 years so...

• Well I wrote hetzner. They told me that they dont really offer better prizes for reseller. I think theire need to be a catch. Who proofs you that they exist since 10 years? Maybe they just bought the domain or something. Theire support (uniweb) also said that this is not a "official" partnership

• Uniweb also told me that they will refund you within the first days. Would be interessting if they do it really

• I spoke to someone via Skype. Was kinda tough and had to rephrase questions a lot so they could understand.

They mentioned that they have 70+ boxes with Hetzner currently, mostly for shared/reseller hosting - and they created a test cpanel account for me to try out the connectivity and such..

I don't know.. I don't think I'm willing to take a $300 gamble on this one.

• @mikeyur said:
    I spoke to someone via Skype. Was kinda tough and had to rephrase questions a lot so they could understand.

They mentioned that they have 70+ boxes with Hetzner currently, mostly for shared/reseller hosting - and they created a test cpanel account for me to try out the connectivity and such..

I don't know.. I don't think I'm willing to take a $300 gamble on this one.

Same here. I'm also scared if the server just run 1-2 months and then they leave with the rest off the money

• I did a traceroute to my IP address and called the data center. They said they can not give me any information whatsoever. He would not even check if my email address is listed as abuse contact.

The price sounds suspiciously low, he said, but he did not seem concerned ("ask your reseller, if you have any questions").

sepei said: Who proofs you that they exist since 10 years? Maybe they just bought the domain or something.

Their facebook is from 2009 and their twitter from 2010/2011.

• Well then good luck to you. I bet 2-3 Months :P if not you mead a great deal

• @sepei said:
    Well then good luck to you. I bet 2-3 Months :P if not you mead a great deal

I forgot to mention: You can ask for unmanaged and save even more money.

• uniwebuniweb Member
    edited December 2014

@dspillett said:
    The offer is very tempting with that much storage. The promo code seems to work only for annual payments so you'll have a €240 hit at the start (about £190 for those of us in the UK).

A couple of things to be careful of:

• Remember next year it is going to renew at €480.

• A lot of the site is not available in English even if you click the relevant flag or pick the option in drop-lists - this might not bode well for support if you need it should a problem happen.

• It says nothing about VAT or other sales tax, so keep an eye on the order process as this is sometimes added later.

• It says nothing about IPv4 address allocation. While it is unlikely it will have none at all this would be worth checking.

• It says little about OS options, again check with their support for info (a slow response to your questions would be a warning about future support)

• The location of the server may be very important: what is the bandwidth and latency likely to be between you and your target users).

• It says nothing about bandwidth allowance. Another thing to talk to them about.

• No, every year will be the same price
      *live support is on english
      *no, that is final price

for questions, please send an email.

Thanks

• Uniweb arrived LET. Hello.

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member
    edited December 2014

There was a offer here before some days and i think got removed from mods. This thing smells to me. Dealing with a company that is operated in serbia is same as doing business with fidel castro :)

• @mikeyur said:
    4n0nx how many IPs did you get with your server?

I just noticed that I got 3 additional IP addresses. So 4 in total. Pretty sure the offer said 3 somewhere...

• @BuyAds said:
    There was a offer here before some days and i think got removed from mods. This thing smells to me. Dealing with a company that is operated in serbia is same as doing business with fidel castro :)

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=9325430&postcount=29

A thread on LET was deleted, apparently because of the rules (minimum days required to post offers).

• Am on mobile so i cant see how many posts have the user that posted that review? Anyway for 10 years thats the only one review huh?

• @BuyAds said:
    Am on mobile so i cant see how many posts have the user that posted that review? Anyway for 10 years thats the only one review huh?

Well this user got also a blog (http://tech.tiq.cc/) but still he got the server for days. That doesn't proof that you get the server real for a year

• Go with colocrosing :)

• @BuyAds said:
    Am on mobile so i cant see how many posts have the user that posted that review? Anyway for 10 years thats the only one review huh?

There are reviews in Serbian or Bosnian that can be found easier with google.rs . I used google translate and it was mostly people insulting each other instead of writing helpful reviews.

Stop making me worry. :p

• I almost ordered one but my money situation changed last minute so I didn't. Very tempting.

@4n0nx said:
    but I mean they have existed for 10 years so...

That was my thinking. Maybe it's a loss leader and is sustainable by other means?

• I grabbed one last week and still testing the box. I did search for reviews and checked their company website in Wayback machine, their WHMCS license, their Facebook and Twitter account history. It seems that they did provide shared hosting previously and just started to advertise dedicated from this October/November. Of course there is a risk here, but I decided to continue. Hope that the box can live with me during my payment period :-)

I think there should not any "review" here when the dedi is just for days. If one can take the risk, then continue. Otherwise he should wait for several months and contact some ppl here to ask for a review :-)

• HostNun said: That was my thinking. Maybe it's a loss leader and is sustainable by other means?

Apparently they made a deal with Hetzner. On FB there is a pic of them on their way to Düsseldorf, to make a deal with another data center..

nhocconan said: I grabbed one last week and still testing the box. I did search for reviews and checked their company website in Wayback machine, their WHMCS license, their Facebook and Twitter account history. It seems that they did provide shared hosting previously and just started to advertise dedicated from this October/November. Of course there is a risk here, but I decided to continue. Hope that the box can live with me during my payment period :-)
    I think there should not any "review" here when the dedi is just for days. If one can take the risk, then continue. Otherwise he should wait for several months and contact some ppl here to ask for a review :-)

/sign. Although I was glad to see posts from people who received their servers, else I would not have ordered..

I also like reviews that get updated over the years. Very helpful.

• @4n0nx said:
    I also like reviews that get updated over the years. Very helpful.

or this is just a good and well planned rip off. I mean they make about 100-200 euros win per deddi if they just give it for 1 month. And if it wouldn't be a fake how they make a positiv result from this

• @sepei said:
    or this is just a good and well planned rip off. I mean they make about 100-200 euros win per deddi if they just give it for 1 month. And if it wouldn't be a fake how they make a positiv result from this

One thing I thought at the purchasing time: PayPal extends disputing period to 180 days, and will try if they run away :-P. Joke, but let see.

• @nhocconan said:
    One thing I thought at the purchasing time: PayPal extends disputing period to 180 days, and will try if they run away :-P. Joke, but let see.

But paypal doesn't give buyer protection for virtual items which includes web hosting

• sepeisepei Member
    edited December 2014

@Ruriko said:
    But paypal doesn't give buyer protection for virtual items which includes web hosting

this

• @Ruriko said:

@sepei said:
    this

Np, as told from beginning, I can take this risk when participating into the game. If sth happens, it's my fault :-)