Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the friendliest VPS provider that you have experienced? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the friendliest VPS provider that you have experienced?

Comments

• We made the list! :)

• @Steven_F - I was thinking the same thing :P Thankyou @mikeyur :)

• Ramnode & iPerWeb (Prometeus) Team.

Answers in hours, very friendly. Do some "unnormal" jobs by mine stupid requests.

Love them very much.

btw.

DO, Linode, SeFlow have pretty good support too.

Thanked by 2Nick_A Maounique
  • BlueVM, just kidding, left them one year ago without ever looking back.

ServerMania is great instead.

• I like Ramnode :p

• Prometeus all the way :p ramnode support is great too. Nick and his team answered all my tickets politely,even the ones with stupid questions :p

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @DaveA at Vultr

• @Nick_A and @francisco came to my mind

• Tim at Hostigation

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited December 2014

RamNode (very good)
    DigitalOcean (good)
    VPSDime (good to very good)
    HostWinds (very good)
    Crissic (good)
    MyHosting (good to very good)

Worst experience with FortaTrust (who didn't thought it :p ), Server4you and 1blu.de

• Vultr also good.

Thanked by 1Droid
  • Not really from the LowEnd Band wagon, but I've been with intoVPS.com for over 3 years now. Though they don't provide too much of cutting edge hardware, the support Tech's have been there all this time and they are very helpful as well as knowledgeable. That ensures they don't shut you down right away if there is a surge or abuse notice, they gently inform and wait for an action from your side...

Worth mentioning, they have a great Geo-redundant DNS service and a great DNS lookup service called intoDNS.com. I simply never will leave them because of DNS service alone!

Great work Adrian, Dragos, Ovidiu, Gabriel, Alex. Just wanted to share my regards for you all in this somewhat "touchy" thread.

Thanked by 1george
  • vpnareavpnarea Member
    edited December 2014

Friendliest and best support - @Oliver from RansomIT.
    Second place goes to @Nick_a at ramnode.
    Worst experience - oneasiahost.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @HostNun is the most pleasant for me. I don't try much VPS provider though.

• @AutoSnipe @ nanovz/megavz

• bluvm +1

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@W1V_Lee said:
    I don't really care for friendly providers, I would rather have honest, competent ones.

One does not rule out the other.

I can see myself leaving a competent, honest provider if I was to be called an idiot for not knowing better.

Thanked by 2Lee mpkossen
  • Provider friendliness is one of the main things I want in a VPS, dedi or IT provider, as well as someone who knows what they are doing and is not afraid to spend some time solving any issues that might come up - even if it's out of their support scope. Someone who understands your needs as a customer, and is able to understand where you are coming from is also great, and I purposely choose providers who have good support staff over price, even if the disk is a little slow or the CPU a little old.

Some of the providers I have found who have polite and friendly support staff are as follows, in no order: Dan, Guy and Alex from Tech-Hosts, Chris from virtuaclub, the guys at online.net, Matt from Hostnun, BuyVM guys (+1 for big Aldryic), Ryan and James from HTTPZoom, Harry from zare.co.uk, ClientExec support guys, Mr Alexander at HostUS (not the other guy), Mike from i-83.net, Sascha from colorhost.de, the guys at OneProvider are kinda nice, Giovanni from Verelox is helpful, Steven_F is cool also, and the guys at Snoork Hosting are polite and understanding.

• VPSDime and BuyVM have both been great to me.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

CatalystHost is the friendliest I've used, followed by SecureDragon and RamNode.

Thanked by 2Nick_A ryanarp
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Jar is a great guy, too bad he does not understand what an opinion means and that not all people which do not share his beliefs are dicks.
    I personally dont like people which try to tell me I am stupid when the problem is on their side, and I found this with quite good and respected hosts which try to blame me, my choice of test sites, my providers, etc, before even checking and then say it was my fault for not giving them all data. I do point out the problem, I should not be the one to solve it and tell them which button to push...

That being said, many small and 1 man shop providers offered me great service and support over the years, most are gone now, unfortunately, still surviving are EDIS, serverian and his troop, Voxility on-site people which really do go above and beyond, even finding me parts for the server and rails I forgot at home, from the friendly 1 man shops or similar here I would say Anthony is the best right now. Most of the time I do not need support, so I am not overly experienced in these things, though.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Mao is a nice woman but she never lets anything go :P

I'm not sure I'm a horse in this race though. Oktay wins as the nicest provider in my book.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2014

Jar said: she never lets anything go :P

She learnt from the master ^^

Thanked by 3jar mpkossen Maounique
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks for your feedback @linuxthefish could you please PM me who you had an issue with and the respective ticket ref?

Thanks,
    Alexander

• @Swiftway and MisterHost.de. Worst was @VPSCorner. Moldovan scammers.

• @drserver for sure

Thanked by 1drserver
  • megavz / nanovz are pretty good too.

Thanked by 1AutoSnipe
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2014
    1. All the stuff from Prometeus (when i needed them, that was rare)
    2. Andrej from DrServer. Long discussions on skype about issues or configs to his products
    3. Fran from BuyVM.
    4. Anthony from Inception

Other providers were polite and helpful (like Nick@RamNode, Skylar@Crissic, Octay@serverian etc.)

• Ramnode & Catalysthost without doubt.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • I would have to say @FtpIt_Radi as he has been so friendly and been so helpful.

Thanked by 2Radi support123