Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

50% OFF @ LeaseWeb (Cloud KVM starting at €3.50 in EU or $3.50 in US)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

50% OFF @ LeaseWeb (Cloud KVM starting at €3.50 in EU or $3.50 in US)

IshaqIshaq Member
edited December 2014 in Providers

Hi all,

Recently got an email from LeaseWeb regarding their 2014 end of year sale which is pretty much 50% off most of their products (web hosting, selected bare metal, public cloud (KVM) and CDN).

You can find out more here:

https://www.leaseweb.com/end-of-year-sale

Conditions:

New orders only

Reseller discounts do not apply

Cannot be combined with other offers or upgrades

Offer expires: 24-Dec-2014

Comments

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited December 2014

Thank you for the offers Ishaq! All the best to you and enjoy your Christmas.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited December 2014

To give everyone an idea of what they're getting for this price, the smallest cloud KVM available (which is for either €3.50 in EU or $3.50 in US) has the following specs:

Storage: 40GB (SAN Storage, RAID 10)

Virtual RAM: 1GB

Virtual CPU : 1 Core

Network: 1000Mbps

Custom Control Panel (SSC2)

Fully redundant setup.

• The deal is not bad, but the catch seems to be that all plans only offer 500GB bandwidth, so if that is not enough for you it could be expensive.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited December 2014

It's not a catch, LeaseWeb has always had 500GB as the included bandwidth (free). It's their premium network too.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

That's a great deal, I'll get some cloud packages for sure.

• @Ishaq said:
    It's not a catch, LeaseWeb has always had 500GB as the included bandwidth (free). It's their premium network too.

Sorry, I shouldn't use the term catch (funny enough I was thinking of a different word to use, but just ended up with it). I am just used to seeing plans with around 2+ TB bandwidth included so when I see only 500GB I get a little worried I would end up paying for overages each month, might just be me though. The 500GB might even be enough I just feel more "safe" with a good 1-2TB. :P

• Thanks, that's a good deal as it's leaseweb it should be pretty good and stable..

I don't need anything though, their pricing was too high for me so I went with other providers already, but thanks for sharing.

@waya: it's only 500GB, but it's pretty good quality bandwidth...

• only problem is that the VPS doesnt auto shutdown when 500GB is reached and they keep charging you for bandwidth and extra bandwidth is pretty expensive.

unless they have added an auto shutdown like Vultr has done.

• BW only 500Gb too low for all these locations, that why it cheap :P

• what exactly is the difference between their cloud and vp servers? only vlan?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@fitvpn said:
    BW only 500Gb too low for all these locations, that why it cheap :P

500 GB of the mix they offer in The Netherlands are more expensive than 2 TB of crappy bw.

• @JoeMerit said:
    only problem is that the VPS doesnt auto shutdown when 500GB is reached and they keep charging you for bandwidth and extra bandwidth is pretty expensive.

unless they have added an auto shutdown like Vultr has done.

yes you can, you can auto shutdown like vultr. there is menu to setup that ...

• Having services at leaseweb is a pleasant experience.

The one thing I don't like about leaseweb is that the price is not guaranteed. I have a server there (for around one and a half years) and recently I received an email saying that the price is going to be raised.

I'm not saying it's a fraud or anything, it was stated in the TOS I signed. But honestly I prefer having my Netherlands VPS at ramnode and receive a disk upgrade free of charge twice within 1.5year without any price increase

• i remember those days when leaseweb had cheap bargain dedicated server starting from 21€ , after their site re-designed they increased prices and now their dedicated server is started at 35€ !!!

• I was ready to sign up but for a VM it doesn't tell me the exact location for the US. For bare metal servers, I can pick SF, CA though...oh well...

• @hdpixel said:
    I was ready to sign up but for a VM it doesn't tell me the exact location for the US. For bare metal servers, I can pick SF, CA though...oh well...

I've asked them about this.

It's located in Washington DC.

Thanked by 1hdpixel
  • soda said: i remember those days when leaseweb had cheap bargain dedicated server starting from 21€ , after their site re-designed they increased prices and now their dedicated server is started at 35€ !!!

Yeah, they had some pretty insane deals on E3 and the like with high quality bandwidth... Now the prices are less interesting.

That's maybe why they are having this sale, to get some fresh blood, even if it's at a cheaper rate :)

• georgegeorge Member
    edited December 2014

So, who decided to get one? :)

• I will probably sign up for one, they are using a Virginia datacenter that is literally a 10 minute drive from my house, thanks for posting this offer!

• Do they offer reverse dns on the vps? Custom reverse dns?

• Those who bought one, your first impression(s) are welcome!

Thanked by 1george
  • IshaqIshaq Member
    edited December 2014

cyberkiller6 said: Do they offer reverse dns on the vps? Custom reverse dns?

Yes. From panel.

• @Blanoz said:
    Those who bought one, your first impression(s) are welcome!

I've been a customer of theirs since 2012. They probably have one of the best networks in the world, their public cloud which encompasses 33 IXs and 52 PoPs worldwide, provides an uptime of 99.9999%, with an available bandwidth capacity of 4.5 Tbps.

They also have failover so if there is a hardware fault your VPS reboots automatically on another machine without human intervention.

Support is also 24/7 over tickets and recently live chat.

For this price and specs you're not getting any better, in my opinion.

• ben78ben78 Member
    edited December 2014

@Ishaq do you happen to know if the pricing is reccuring?

edit: did ask them:

"The discount is as long as the contract lasts when you sign it
    So for example, if you sign a contract for a year, you'll get the discount for a year."

It's not possible to get the service for a month (or 3 or whatever) and then renew at the same price... so the offer is interesting only if you are sure you'll need the server for a long time and cat get a long contract now.. (and even though, pricing on dedicated servers is more expensive that what it used to be on their bargain pages few month ago..)

• @ben78

Hm you're right, that sucks. It says on the checkout page recurring. So if you want to benefit from this you will have to pay yearly :(

• @Ishaq said:
    Hi all,

Offer expires: 24-Dec-2014

how choose west usa datacenter?

• ben78 said: "The discount is as long as the contract lasts when you sign it So for example, if you sign a contract for a year, you'll get the discount for a year."

Awwww :(