Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recording a camera stream - ZoneMinder?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recording a camera stream - ZoneMinder?

Hello,

Does anybody have any experience using ZoneMinder? I am wondering specifically if a Raspberry Pi B+ will be powerful enough to run this? I'm wanting something small and lower power consuming to sit on my local network at home and record a single stream from a IP camera.

Any advice appreciated!

Jack

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2014

No experience with ZoneMinder but I have used motion to a SAMBA share using a Pi.

• I suppose it will depend on whether you are doing any transcoding or compression.

• @wych said:
    No experience with ZoneMinder but I have used motion to a SAMBA share using a Pi.

What is motion?

@MarkTurner said:
    I suppose it will depend on whether you are doing any transcoding or compression.

On a Pi? No ;)

• I tried it with motion but couldn't be suceeded.

• @kcaj said:
    Hello,

Does anybody have any experience using ZoneMinder? I am wondering specifically if a Raspberry Pi B+ will be powerful enough to run this? I'm wanting something small and lower power consuming to sit on my local network at home and record a single stream from a IP camera.

Any advice appreciated!

Jack

@kcaj, yes I have used ZoneMinder for years on an HP Thin Client (originally running Debian Etch, 512 MB RAM, with a laptop IDE hard drive placed inside the case) - excellent results with 4 cameras.

I have no experience using it with Pi.