Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSSIM: Bash script auto install Nginx, PHP-FPM & MariaDB on CentOS VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSSIM: Bash script auto install Nginx, PHP-FPM & MariaDB on CentOS VPS

This bash script automatically install Nginx, PHP-FPM & MariaDB on VPS, Server CentOS.
Using very simple, with just one command:
yum -y install wget && wget https://vpssim.com/install && chmod +x install && ./install
More info: https://vpssim.com/

Comments

• Take a look at: http://centminmod.com/

Same functionality.

• EkaatyLinux said: Same functionality.

its good to have options

Thanked by 2mohsengham teppeikun
  • it would be nice if adding CMS install like wordpress

• It would be good to add MySQL option :)

• It would be great if this script moved to github

• We already have centminmod for this,

Will be good to see something similar on Debian distros ;)

Anyway you did a good work, will might build next webserver with this instead of centminmod :)

Thanked by 2teppeikun kkrajk
  • teppeikunteppeikun Member
    edited December 2014

@vRozenSch00n said:
    It would be good to add MySQL option :)

Is it database manage option ? that is option #5

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Sady said:

Will be good to see something similar on Debian distros ;)

Think EasyEngine kind of does this job. Yes its designed for Wordpress installs, but its pretty good at none wordpress sites as well, used it once when I needed to get a site up and running ASAP on a VPS that I didn't have a snapshot setup and it worked great.

edited December 2014

Test VPSSIM on VPS demo:

IP_VPS: 168.235.69.220 User: vpssim Password: vpssim

Login on linux, macos using command : ssh [email protected]

maybe that help someone want to test vpssim before using it to setup vps.

edited January 2015

i recent updated VPSSIM to version 1.0.6 .
    From this version, when adding a new website to VPS, VPSSIM will auto create a new database for this new website.
    Please comment if you think it usefull.
    thank you.

• UmairUmair Member
    edited January 2015

Question:

Each website I add run under their own user or all sites run under nginx ??
    How is it any different than Centminmod ?? (Which works pretty good and have optimized config IMO)

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • @Umair said:
    Question:

Each website I add run under their own user or all sites run under nginx ??
    How is it any different than Centminmod ?? (Which works pretty good and have optimized config IMO)

at the moment all website run under nginx .
    VPSSIM has many functions and ofcouse it has a good have optimized for vps too.
    you can test in vps demo:

IP_VPS: 168.235.69.220 User: vpssim Password: vpssim

• I will test it out. Actually going to spin a new vps and see how it works.
    From the looks of it, it can auto install different scripts etc. But to me, that's not really needed so not an important feature.

However, if you implement each domain running under its own user and also having an ftp account setup for it, than it be an awesome script.

(Don't get me wrong. Just giving me suggestions)

Thanked by 1teppeikun
  • @Umair said:
    I will test it out. Actually going to spin a new vps and see how it works.
    From the looks of it, it can auto install different scripts etc. But to me, that's not really needed so not an important feature.

However, if you implement each domain running under its own user and also having an ftp account setup for it, than it be an awesome script.

(Don't get me wrong. Just giving me suggestions)

thank you for your suggestions.
    I will update VPSSIM to have option creating new user for nginx and FTP when adding new website to VPS in next version.

• @EkaatyLinux said:
    Take a look at: http://centminmod.com/

Same functionality.

Started using that this afternoon and it's amazing. :)

Thanked by 1eva2000
  • @Stacy said:

:)

• @Stacy said:

:)

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

This is a much nicer script then centminmod!

A few aditions that would be great:

• MariaDB 10 Support
    • each domain running under its own user

I will update VPSSIM to have option creating new user for nginx and FTP when adding new website to VPS in next version.

Has this been implemented?

• Anything for debian/ubuntu? Centos is a bit heavy for low end vps, it would be nice to use such script to a 64/128MB small vps.

Thanked by 1XeepiHosting_Joe
  • +1 VPSSIM
    been using for some of my boxes. and it worked like a charm.

• Anyone else having problems with vpssim today?

• This is a great script.
    Cant wait for you to add users options (for each website added.).

• Off-topic: Is there any module for NGINX similar to mod_itk? I'd like to implement NGINX, but I need user seperation.

• Is There Anything like Centminmod or VPSSim for Ubuntu Server 14.04?

• people asking for a "similar" script -guyz pls check VestaCP. For Nginx only, you can create a custom template.

• HaxHax Member

theblackesthat said: Is There Anything like Centminmod or VPSSim for Ubuntu Server 14.04?

EasyEngine.

• @activecoupon are you author of VPSSIM script? I saw from Reddit is not dead but seems your website is got infection from Russian spam or something.

https://www.reddit.com/r/webdev/comments/azj31r/whatever_happen_to_vpssim_script_for_setup_servers/

And 5 years later why not in GitHub yet? VPSSIM code only can download from private file on your website it made user feel not safe. And another one from Vietnam also HocVPS is same, why developer in Vietnam dont like to use GitHub and open source code?

And, these are fork of Centminmod or they both original coding for CentOS distro?

From my research for Debian + Ubuntu only:

1. EasyEngine (Docker)
    2. SlickStack (Bash)

But they focus about WordPress stack only not other CMS.....

Why you guys want to use only CentOS? Same like @jvnadr also mention because Ubuntu is more lightweight for cheap cloud VPS server like KVM.... thanks bro

• fazarfazar Member

For CentOS, use centminmod instead, its good and actively maintained/developed.

If you prefer Ubuntu/Debian, then go with Wordops, EasyEngine (utilize docker), LEMPer, etc.

pd. Its better to create new thread instead of reviving necro thread. 😄

Thanked by 2eva2000 Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2019

@fazar said:
    For CentOS, use centminmod instead, its good and actively maintained/developed.

If you prefer Ubuntu/Debian, then go with Wordops, EasyEngine (utilize docker), LEMPer, etc.

pd. Its better to create new thread instead of reviving necro thread. 😄

If you go Debian/Ubuntu (for CentOS stick to Centminmod) feel free to give Ympkit a go :)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158717/ympkers-multipurpose-serverkit-ympkit-discussion

Thanked by 2fazar eva2000
  • mmm but if Docker :open_mouth: :open_mouth: because Bash easy and standard same VPSSIM..... and also now I check LEMPer script on GitHub it will install ionCube loader which is bad idea for security??

Reading https://github.com/littlebizzy/slickstack

Why do you use MySQL instead of MariaDB? The original reason for the MariaDB fork was because a handful of engineers feared that Oracle would neglect MySQL after they acquired Sun Microsystems in favor of the Oracle Database systems. This turned out to be far from true, and MySQL has maintained its market dominance without blinking an eye, while continue to be open source. While its true that MariaDB is more transparent about bug patches, and perhaps is more open source minded, the argument that MariaDB has better performance is really just not true when you compare typical WordPress hosting scenarios. Plus, MySQL continues to come out with new revolutionary features that the smaller team at MariaDB will likely find it impossible to compete with. Ultimately, the point is that Ubuntu still ships with MySQL being the default on their distributions, and until that changes, we will be sticking with MySQL. Our goal is stability and trusting the "upstream" stack as much as possible, which means not fixing things that aren't broken. We fully expect many companies might be moving back to MySQL in the next few years as well... time will tell.

WordOps Centmin okay check it also........

Anyway hope @activecoupon or VPSSIM author can reply.... not Vietnamese :smiley:

And really still nobody can say why to use CentOS is using too much RAM memory in the cheap cloud VPS or not true???? 1GB RAM enough in CentOS?? thanks.