Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone use OneBip or mobile payment?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone use OneBip or mobile payment?

linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
edited October 2011 in General

I see Tech Hosts and UptimeVPS use mobile payments, is anyone else doing it and would it be a good idea for me to implant it on my site?

Comments

• Only if you like having a 50/50 partner that does nothing. It's an excellent plan for quick failure.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • miTgiB said: Only if you like having a 50/50 partner that does nothing. It's an excellent plan for quick failure.

More like 90/10, with you being the 10

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

It's pretty stupid and impractical to pay for something like a VPS by mobile payment, maybe a domain but not a VPS. Both impractical for users and especially for the company, because either you are like UptimeVPS who didn't add a surcharge but who ended up stopping it altogether or like Tech Hosts and SimplexWebs who add a 40% or so addition to the price.

To be honest, I think PayOffline is much more practical for the UK. Unfortunately they do not allow new signups to their service, both Tech Hosts and SimplexWebs have it and I've used it sucessfully.

• Thanks for the answers, i've been thinking about PayOffline for some time. (never used it, but i'l have a go tomorrow!

• I would not suggest using PayOffline its owned by a Debt collection Group.

edited October 2011

Just go to a local post office and take the reciept it asks you to print out then pay and it will take up to 2 days for the payment to go through.

DanielM said: I would not suggest using PayOffline its owned by a Debt collection Group.

Why would that make a difference? I've used it many times, no problem. They don't know my address, I didn't give my real name or address.

http://freds.com/ is the company.

• I suggest something like 3v. It gives prepaid Visa's and its much more secure :)

https://www.3vprepaid.com/

Thanked by 1Infinity

I'm actually gona try one of em. Where do you get em, and do you need ID and all that?

• Just goto a payzone they print a voucher then you activate it online. no ID needed...

Thanked by 1Infinity

Oh that is great, I'ma ask my friend to get one for me. PayZone's are also used by PayOffline.

I know it's a sin to bump an old thread but I'm a sinner.

@DanielM It says on the website that you need to be 16 or over. What confirmation do they use, have you used it?

Because I am under 16 :) and if it requires activating via a parents card then I can't do it.

• 2 days is not an old thread.