Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Good VPS Company to Choose? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A Good VPS Company to Choose?

2»

Comments

• justinb said: I take Amtrak constantly and I've never been searched, asked for ID, but I don't go through border crossings

I haven't taken Amtrak in decades, I've only heard it was TSA perverted now like planes, and buses were all that was left to travel anonymously.

• I think the topic is getting a little off-topic.

• I grabbed one of ChicagoVPS 2gb plans. Good service and disk IO has been around 50mb/s the entire time. Chris is usually around. All in all not a bad deal.

• AuroraZ said: I grabbed one of ChicagoVPS 2gb plans. Good service and disk IO has been around 50mb/s the entire time. Chris is usually around. All in all not a bad deal.

I'll be running some blogs with some highly loaded graphics so I need a very robust network connections.

• livingvirtual said: I'll be running some blogs with some highly loaded graphics so I need a very robust network connections.

Not sure you want an LEB then. Might be better to go full Dedi.

• Going for anything over 4GB Ram with openvz is stupid and clearly oversold.

• jack said: Going for anything over 4GB Ram with openvz is stupid and clearly oversold.

Or will cost you three arms, two legs, your dog, your cat, your g/f and her g/f. Most people do not want or need another wife that's why I did not mention them.

• I was saying that to O.P not you sorry :)!

• jack said: I was saying that to O.P not you sorry :)!

I was just backing you up bro lol. No offense taken or meant.

• AuroraZ said: Not sure you want an LEB then. Might be better to go full Dedi.

Not so much also highly loaded you could expect something like TechCrunch.

• If you are looking for 4GB of ram you would better off going with a small Dedi rather then a LEB. You can control it better and in the long run will have a better platform. 4 GB of ram on a LEB would be insane and clearly oversold. Unless it was XEN/KVM then the cost might approach a small Dedi box.

You might shop around and do some comparisons with the LEB community and Dedi providers. I am sure they will quote you a price for what you want/need. If the site was important enough to me to I would go full Dedi and cut the crap out. As your needs seem to be small enough LEB would be a good idea.

I use a ChicagoVPS 2gb plan and have had no problems what so ever. It is OpenVZ but I do not need Xen/KVM yet. There are many providers that can meet your needs and are willing to work with you I bet. Just remember when you setup this site leave some room for expansion. I am not saying 512mb and 20gb with 500-1000GB of transfer is not enough it probably will be for the time being.

Good idea on throwing BURSTNET out the door. I am sorry many here use them and have had no problems and I am sure they like their service. I have always had problems with them and their CS sucks big time. I would not recommend them even if they paid me a million dollars and gave me the keys to the datacenter.

• livingvirtuallivingvirtual Member
    edited October 2011

AuroraZ said: I would not recommend them even if they paid me a million dollars and gave me the keys to the datacenter.

Lol..Instead of paying you that much they should concentrate on improving their services.

Well for the time being my site will be on a LEB and then if my blog grows big enough to give Michael a tough competition I'll move on to WP VIP (yup I think big) :D

• livingvirtual said: if my blog grows big enough to give Michael a tough competition

Uncrunched.com is getting less than 500k pv last month according to Google so probably not a big deal. Oh you mean his old site...

• @lea
    Yup I was talking about TechCrunch.