Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will you do if your ticket doesn't replied after 24 hours?? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What will you do if your ticket doesn't replied after 24 hours??

2»

Comments

• Devonius said: thanks for the detail, but I think 24 hours is more than enough to reply a ticket, isn't it?

how to know that the cs is outsourced or not? any clue?

In case like suspension, usually the provider notify you with information relating to what causes the suspension, and if they want to resolve the incident they usually put a line in the e-mail "please contact support to unsuspend the service".

If you don't see the similar line as above, it means that you have violated their TOS/AUP that subject to termination of service. Read again their TOS/AUP whether they have the rights to terminate your service without notice if you violate certain rules such as causing their IP blacklisted (IP cleaning range from $0 - $250 if I recall it correctly) or your service is compromised that caused your server to be used to carry out DDoS attack.

As the lender of the last resort, try to call them by phone and avoid spamming the service desk, as your ticket will directly go to the spam bin.

Most of companies today outsourced some of their services to third parties, to spread risk and to avoid hassle in managing certain areas.

Companies providing expensive services usually outsource their service desk to other companies and pay a large sum of money, and they have an Underpinning Contract with the third party to ensure they meet the minimum Service Level.

Smaller companies usually outsource their service desk to reliable individuals so they can maintain the cost and get reasonable services.

Small companies usually do it in-house, and after working hours or holiday, they rely on automated monitoring system and answering bot.

It's not easy to tell whether a service is outsourced or not, but the most important thing is "treat the service desk personnel the way you want people to treat you", so they would be eager to help you.

PS. if your service is in say, USA, try to use American idioms in your ticket. If they get confused, most probably the service desk is outsourced abroad.

Thanked by 1Devonius
  • DevoniusDevonius Member
    edited November 2014

vRozenSch00n said: In case like suspension, usually the provider notify you with information relating to what causes the suspension, and if they want to resolve the incident they usually put a line in the e-mail "please contact support to unsuspend the service".

If you don't see the similar line as above, it means that you have violated their TOS/AUP that subject to termination of service. Read again their TOS/AUP whether they have the rights to terminate your service without notice if you violate certain rules such as causing their IP blacklisted (IP cleaning range from $0 - $250 if I recall it correctly) or your service is compromised that caused your server to be used to carry out DDoS attack.

As the lender of the last resort, try to call them by phone and avoid spamming the service desk, as your ticket will directly go to the spam bin.

Most of companies today outsourced some of their services to third parties, to spread risk and to avoid hassle in managing certain areas.

Companies providing expensive services usually outsource their service desk to other companies and pay a large sum of money, and they have an Underpinning Contract with the third party to ensure they meet the minimum Service Level.

Smaller companies usually outsource their service desk to reliable individuals so they can maintain the cost and get reasonable services.

Small companies usually do it in-house, and after working hours or holiday, they rely on automated monitoring system and answering bot.

It's not easy to tell whether a service is outsourced or not, but the most important thing is "treat the service desk personnel the way you want people to treat you", so they would be eager to help you.

PS. if your service is in say, USA, try to use American idioms in your ticket. If they get confused, most probably the service desk is outsourced abroad.

I just write my blog in that vps and nothing about spamming. but I'll communicate with the cs first to make sure what happen. Because it counts as cheap vps so i think he doing support by himself. And yes, I treat the support nicely. thank you for explaining

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Always run to LowEndHelpDesk

• LeeLee Veteran

You really need to tell us who it is, that will then provide a more precise response in terms of support responses and ability.

Of course if it's GVH I can understand why you would not say as you will get terminated. I suspect that is probably who is it.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    You really need to tell us who it is, that will then provide a more precise response in terms of support responses and ability.

Of course if it's GVH I can understand why you would not say as you will get terminated. I suspect that is probably who is it.

he is not GVH. And he already replied and solved my tickets. And no need to suspect further since I won't answer it. Save your time.

• @Devonius said:

Glad you got things sorted.

Thanked by 1Devonius
  • You'd be forced to leave if you refuse to contact us first. If you have a legitimate problem that you contacted us about prior to making a post the only thing we re going to do is help you.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

• @GVH_Jacob said:
    You'd be forced to leave if you refuse to contact us first. If you have a legitimate problem that you contacted us about prior to making a post the only thing we re going to do is help you.

This thread is not about GVH, attention whore.

• LeeLee Veteran

@GVH_Jacob said:
    You'd be forced to leave if you refuse to contact us first. If you have a legitimate problem that you contacted us about prior to making a post the only thing we re going to do is help you.

Righto Jonny, thanks for that, run back to WHT though, you are getting a regular kicking over there these days.

• If my concern is not that urgent, I wait upto 48hrs but if it's urgent, I use the chat service/support if it's available :) Sometimes some companies have toll free skype number

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I would not wait 48 hours if I am bothered by some issue, even if not urgent, it might be that my ticket was lost between shifts or overlooked, or something has been done but the ticket not updated, etc. many things can happen, the larger the organization and more people participating in solving the issue, the more things can happen which will prevent a reply being sent in the first 24 hours, so my first reaction would be to bump it after 24 hours or so, only then think of other ways, none of my services are in need of quick reaction, because, if they are important, are already redundant and running some other place, or, if they are not important, a couple of days of downtime will not kill anyone.

Thanked by 1Devonius