Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will you do if your ticket doesn't replied after 24 hours??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What will you do if your ticket doesn't replied after 24 hours??

just want to know your opinion about how your handling this situation?

Comments

• What was the ticket?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

reply to it with more info if possible. After 24 more hours, try other means to contact the host and if that fails, find another unless the deal is way too good, in which case live with it if your vps is working and the ticket was not critical, try to find workarounds :)

Thanked by 3kkrajk Devonius Falzo
  • th> @rds100 said:

What was the ticket?

not a big deal, just asking some info regarding to vps

@Maounique said:
    try other means to contact the host

what is this means? you mean by the other way besides of ticket system? or maybe by the message via LET?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Other means than the ticket, message on LET, phone if they have one listed, skype, facebook, whatever possible means.

• Well, if the ticket is something like "what is ssh", it is quite possible to never get an answer.
    That's why i asked what was the ticket.

• DevoniusDevonius Member
    edited November 2014

@rds100 said:
    Well, if the ticket is something like "what is ssh", it is quite possible to never get an answer.
    That's why i asked what was the ticket.

lol. it (my question) is not what i can get on the google, and only my provider can answer my question(regarding to my vps) thanks for replying.

@Maounique said:
    Other means than the ticket, message on LET, phone if they have one listed, skype, facebook, whatever possible means.

OK I'm trying right now, thanks for the suggestion

• @Devonius said:
    not what i can get on the google

You've got me curious now, what is the question!!!!

• LeeLee Veteran

Create a thread on LET? Oh wait, that's what you did.

Thanked by 2Cakey raindog308
  • @ATHK said:
    You've got me curious now, what is the question!!!!

something about my vps

@W1V_Lee said:
    Create a thread on LET? Oh wait, that's what you did.

why I can't create a thread here? I think it is normal to ask everybody's opinion. And LET is open community! and btw who you think you are?

• Depends on the host actually. Its a bluemoon when ur ticket gets replied ( not proper resolution) within 24 hrs from bluevm and most hosts from the buff.mafia

Thanked by 1Devonius
  • Open a thread on LET.

Thanked by 3ATHK cnbeining Cakey
    edited November 2014

@upfreak said:
    Its a bluemoon when ur ticket gets replied

what is bluemoon btw?

@0xdragon said:
    Open a thread on LET.

yes, I opened a thread on LET

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Devonius said: what is bluemoon btw?

Metaphorically, a "blue moon" is a rare event, as in the expression "once in a blue moon".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_moon

• @upfreak said:
    from bluevm and most hosts from the buff.mafia

Oh thanks for make it clear, btw this ticket isn't from bluevm.

• I will wait

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

it depends on the ticket, the host etc etc.

As you wont tell us what you asked I can only assume there is a good reason for that, if your question was "can I run windows on your VPS packages" and its an OpenVZ package the host probably just exhaled for 4 or 5 seconds and decided not to reply.

But you know if it is not something service affecting and it really is just for info, why do you care?

You are not asking for support so perhaps the prioritized actual support over none service impacting info only questions.

To answer your question, you should wait another 24 hours.

Thanked by 1Devonius
  • Call the provider.

• edited November 2014

@Devonius said: What will you do if your ticket doesn't replied after 24 hours??

I will wait.

• said: just want to know your opinion about how your handling this situation?

i will pack up my things and find another host

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited November 2014

@Devonius said:
    why I can't create a thread here? I think it is normal to ask everybody's opinion. And LET is open community! and btw who you think you are?

You could also try get your Mom to call them, the fact you can't handle something like this without opening a thread suggests you need her support.

Provide little info get little help.

• Open 500 more tickets and keep spamming their live chat (if they have one).

Thanked by 1Devonius
  • @GIANT_CRAB said:
    Open 500 more tickets and keep spamming their live chat (if they have one).

That would certainly help, right?

• @Devonius As someone who has some experience in service desk, please consider several thing when you are submitting a ticket to any service desks:

• Some companies uses the SPOC method (Single Point of Contact) where you don't have to choose what department you are going to reach, the support staff will determine and distribute your ticket/call to the appropriate recipients.
    • Some companies separate Service Desk into several department from the beginning (Billing, Sales, General Tech, Software Tech, Network Tech, Hardware Tech, etc)
    • Please pay attention to the Service Desk working hours (do you live in the same time zone?)
    • What department you are going to reach (most billing departments usually open from Monday - Friday 9:00 - 17:00)
    • Sales department usually opens 7 days a week 9:00 - 17:00 normal season, but deployment of services only carried out on working days.
    • Tech department in some expensive services usually opens 24/7 with no more than 10 minutes response time and 2-3 hours resolution time as each department has their own Operation Level Agreement (OLA) to fulfill their Service Level Agreement (SLA).
    • Some less expensive services also opens 24/7 and will answer promptly, be it using bot or cheap support from planet Mars, but resolution time usually depends on the availability of the related tech (there are no Martian around here, are there?).
    • Some Low End providers provide support for unmanaged service only within the "Best Effort" boundary.
    • There are several degrees in handling tickets critical, high, normal, and low. Network issue usually classified as critical, hardware as high, billing as normal, sales as low - normal.
    • Write your ticket clearly stating your request, and if there is no language barrier, write it politely. If language barrier is your concern, please state that the language is not your mother language, so to avoid misunderstanding.
    • Never ever spam the service desk with multiple tickets for the same issue. If your ticket is not answered in a certain time frame, try other media (phone, fax, life chat, irc, etc).

To conclude this, you might not get proper answer if you don't write proper request/inquiry.

Cheers!

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2014

I would simply burst into 1,000 pieces and my wife would have to clean up the mess. Yes, that would propably happen. Serious answer? See above.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n AuroraZ
  • I'd open a thread right away on LET. Seems to be the protocol.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2014

I will just leave this here..... How to contact support properly

Cheers!

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Amitz said: I would simply burst into 1,000 pieces and my wife would have to clean up the mess. Yes, that would propably happen. Serious answer? See above.

This has to be the best answer right here. I mean seriously we all just set here waiting for people to send in tickets so we can answer them now don't we? We have no life away from the screen at all. Things do not happen in the world.

Yes I know most hosts have people to answer tickets but things happen and if it is not mission critical I would not worry about it. If the server is down then yes I would expect some communication but even then I expect some one to be on the problem fixing it as well.

Excuse me if I seem a bit of an ass but I am sick of people lately and their I am more important then you crap as of late.

edited November 2014

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    Open 500 more tickets and keep spamming their live chat (if they have one).

love this method, but I afraid the provider will feel I'm too bothered, I opened 3 tickets until now regarding to my question.

@vRozenSch00n said:
    Devonius As someone who has some experience in service desk, please consider several thing when you are submitting a ticket to any service desks:

• Some companies uses the SPOC method (Single Point of Contact) where you don't have to choose what department you are going to reach, the support staff will determine and distribute your ticket/call to the appropriate recipients.
    • Some companies separate Service Desk into several department from the beginning (Billing, Sales, General Tech, Software Tech, Network Tech, Hardware Tech, etc)
    • Please pay attention to the Service Desk working hours (do you live in the same time zone?)
    • What department you are going to reach (most billing departments usually open from Monday - Friday 9:00 - 17:00)
    • Sales department usually opens 7 days a week 9:00 - 17:00 normal season, but deployment of services only carried out on working days.
    • Tech department in some expensive services usually opens 24/7 with no more than 10 minutes response time and 2-3 hours resolution time as each department has their own Operation Level Agreement (OLA) to fulfill their Service Level Agreement (SLA).
    • Some less expensive services also opens 24/7 and will answer promptly, be it using bot or cheap support from planet Mars, but resolution time usually depends on the availability of the related tech (there are no Martian around here, are there?).
    • Some Low End providers provide support for unmanaged service only within the "Best Effort" boundary.
    • There are several degrees in handling tickets critical, high, normal, and low. Network issue usually classified as critical, hardware as high, billing as normal, sales as low - normal.
    • Write your ticket clearly stating your request, and if there is no language barrier, write it politely. If language barrier is your concern, please state that the language is not your mother language, so to avoid misunderstanding.
    • Never ever spam the service desk with multiple tickets for the same issue. If your ticket is not answered in a certain time frame, try other media (phone, fax, life chat, irc, etc).

To conclude this, you might not get proper answer if you don't write proper request/inquiry.

Cheers!

thanks for the detail, but I think 24 hours is more than enough to reply a ticket, isn't it?
    how to know that the cs is outsourced or not? any clue?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Devonius said:
    thanks for the detail, but I think 24 hours is more than enough to reply a ticket, isn't it?

If it's a stupid question the host probably just can't be bothered. What was your question?

edited November 2014

@trewq said:
    If it's a stupid question the host probably just can't be bothered. What was your question?

my vps got suspend suddenly and i ask why but yet no reply. i paid annually, my vps did good past 3 months, uptime 99.X, but it is down now... But I have some vps with this provider, and only one down, so I asked why.
    ps: my other vps still online.

@jcaleb said:
    i will pack up my things and find another host

but i paid annually, I can't leave like this.