Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 per YEAR VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

5 per YEAR VPS?

Comments

• blackblack Member

Buy a burstnet server for $1 first month plus some IPs
    Sell "$5/year" hosting, load'em up as much as you can
    ???
    Profit

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@96mb this is a waste of your time. just use your time reviewing awesome providers.

• AdamAdam Member

@jcaleb said: @96mb this is a waste of your time. just use your time reviewing awesome providers.

Clearly it's not a waste of time:

• You get to review the box before it gets chock-a-block'd
    • You then get to continuously bug support about the slipping performance of the node
    • Demand SLA for downtime
    • Prophesize the impending doom
    • Slander them all over the web when they fail/deadpool

Definitely more entertainment than a stable vps that you forget all about ;-)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Who knows, maybe a promotion they can afford to lose on. I wouldn't call it a good one, but maybe they can afford the lesson. They did say only 50 so it's clearly not a business plan in itself.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Adam said: Clearly it's not a waste of time:

but i miss new post on 96mb.com. i would pefer him to spend more time there posting new reviews, than spending time here at let =)

• I wish i had 5 bucks right now but don't have any, would have test the VPS

Anyone here has the VPS and can show us some test results?

• nb4 deadpool

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@liam said: I reckon he's using burstnets $1 first month promo

But will he be around in 1 1/2 months when his invoice is past due :P

Francisco

• vedranvedran Veteran

Is it just me, or it's UptimeVPS all over again?

• 96mb96mb Member

@vedran: summer's coming, just so that you know :)

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • 96mb96mb Member
    edited June 2012

Remove as per @joeMerit request

Thanked by 1klikli
  • 96mb96mb Member

@jcaleb Thanks a lot for your support! I will try to work my way there...quite honestly, I started 96MB.com as a hobby project and I want it to be fun. During the day I have a boss paying me for the job (and paid me well) so I will do the job regardless of whether I like it or not (not saying I don't like it), I definitely do not want 96MB to go to that route and just want to keep it something that I do, well, "for fun"!

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@96mb it helps people man.... specially new comer, to find a good home.

• Their prices are a little pricy, on their website http://xmxen.com/index.html

• 96mb96mb Member

@jcaleb I have to say, comments like this is one of the reason why I kept writing 96MB despite it means it would take away time to spend with family and time to spend with my comfy sleeping bed, thanks so much!

• 96mb96mb Member

@Jeffrey Correct, that's why we suspect it may be an attempt to upsale...but too bad he has a whole bunch of LEB people signing up, and to us, 128MR RAM is more than enough, LOL

• 96mb96mb Member

@liam Thanks a lot, you guys are being soooo nice to me, really appreciate that!

• Haha its no longer accepting 5 dollars/year signups (atleast I can't seem to get through to it.).

• 96mb96mb Member

@HalfEatenPie I am sure it was gone in like 2 hours

• RandyRandy Member

this guy wail really fail hard. unless he has lots of money to cover it. he will run out of money to cover and run away one day :)

• @96mb

I must also thank you for the effort that you put into your site! Good reviews take quite a while to put together so I thank you for the time that all those reviews must have taken to write :)

I'm not so fussed on the template your using on your site but other than that keep up the good work!

Thanked by 1Liam
  • @96mb Indeed, LOL. BTW, I've visited your website a lot and I love it! :)

• LESLES Member

I couldn't resist the temptation!

XmXen.PNG

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Randy it's really only one server though from the looks of it. Difficult to judge by.

• TazTaz Member

Lol Wat

Daily updated security system's

All vps servers with XmXen have security as a core forfront. All vps servers are secured right the way through to online ordering

Redundent DNS Servers

Our servers have redundant DNS enabling so you not to worry about your own name servers for each server, another reason why you should buy with us!

We know what we are doing - XmXen VPS is run by people who knew what VPS was before it had the name VPS. We’ve got the the financial strength to survive the rough, times so you know we aren’t going to suddenly disappear with your data.

• Same.

• @96mb said: Let's see how long this one will last :)

I'm sure they appreciate you getting the word out for them!

Congrats on unofficially joining their marketing team.

• vedranvedran Veteran

Yesterday

Limited to the first 50 only.

How come they still have stock?

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited June 2012

Screw you guys, I couldn't resist either :(

Edit: No payment information on invoice, secure.xmxen.com is insecure and their mail ends up in gmail spam. Quite reassuring ...

• 96mb96mb Member

@JoeMerit: I think I have the disclaimer on the top, bolded as well, and if you read my tags for this post, you'll see where I was getting with this :)