Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you like to see on LowEndBox.com? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What would you like to see on LowEndBox.com?

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

That too, we know it's making enough money to invest some in improving areas that have been broken too long.

• @Spirit, @AnthonySmith, @W1V_Lee thank goodness we still have you all :)

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @Spirit
    +1
    Summed that up perfectly, used to read every post and comment on some. Now it just seems all the same

• titties

ohh i am sorry i thought i was somewhere else
    deals yeah more deals :)

• Good deals, low memory tutorials/information; ressources benchmarks (which webserver uses less memory/cpu and would be better on a leb, how to set up a low ressources mail server, etc)

• Wrong links, wrong info on most deals. Confirm before posting...

• hosted SOGO / Kolabs groupware with Exchange like operation... ofcourse at much cheap prices compared to Google Apps and Hosted Exchange

• SSL

• I rarely visit LEB nowadays, used to visit on a daily basis some years ago.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
    1. Dedicated server offers.
    2. Licensing discounts.
    Thanked by 11allen
  • @kcaj said:
    I rarely visit LEB nowadays, used to visit on a daily basis some years ago.

+1.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @wych said:
    +1.

+1

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@0xdragon said:
    +1

++1

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • Subcategories in offers section ie: dedicated servers, vps

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited October 2014

Filtering Options based on:

>

CPU

>

RAM

>

HD

>

Price Range

>

Brand

>

Payment Options

>

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

And type. Like vps, dedicated etc

• @0xdragon said:
    Smiling faces. /end joke, we both know that'll never happen.

Personally, I'd like to see more exotic offers that actually have something different about them. Not just "OH LOOK ANOTHER 1GB OVZ for $7/MTH WOW", you know?

As much as I would like that as well, it's partially a matter of what's available. Most of the offers we get sent it are fairly similar. I can only be selective to a certain extent in which offers to post or not; the site needs to keep getting new offers and we have to work with what's available.

@TheKiller said:
    Some specific tutorials on how to install, manage and secure VPS and running a site.

Because I new user to VPS will need those IMO.

I think we have quite some tutorials available to cover this, except for maybe the last part. I'll see if I can write some about that.

@robinjoo1 said:
    some more dedicated server offer's not just VPS
    @1allen said:
    some shared hosting / vpn offers.

In fact, we've already been looking into this. It's a good and comforting sign that this also comes from the community. We'll definitely be working more on this.

@Silvenga said:

• LowEnd news.

The monthly community update will be back starting November.

• @Spirit said:
    More or less is just about purpose of LEB which I believe is lost. It used to be website dedicated to feature and introduce some great things we aren't so familiar with. Now it's site to re-post offers from same old known hosts all the time.
    Whoever read LET don't need to even open LEB anymore.
    It can be still good to grab some good coupon of our favourite hosts from time to time, but to read and comment... there's nothing to comment about same known names all the time.

Imagine Playboy magazine to repeatedly feature every third month same playmate. That's what LEB became. Popular hosts are repeatedly "featured" all the time. That's boring and worthless reading.

What I would like to see at LEB? Something what I don't see all the time at LET ;-) More of those in past standard, but lately dramatically called "surprise posts" :P

The tradition of posting the same hosts over and over again was started by LowEndAdmin himself, before the site even went to @Chief. LEA even put up a post some time for when stock would be available for a certain provider. So, to a certain extent, it's always been this way, except for maybe the first year or so.

Something you cannot see is that I almost always close a ticket when a provider sends in exactly the same offer, because there's simply no reason to list them again. That includes adding an additional payment term to exactly the same offer. I've also started limiting the number of plans being featured, as some providers sent in a huge list of plans which would result in us basically becoming a copy of their website. Only the most interesting plans were listed in those cases.

That doesn't mean I don't agree with you, however. I do envision LowEndBox featuring more different providers and only featuring the same providers when there's actually something new to report (like a new product line, changed plans, new location, etc.). Going there from what we are doing now, though, is a process that takes time. Not only does it mean more work for us, it also means a lot of providers are going to get pissed off we won't feature them anymore. I already get bugged almost everywhere to give ticket responses and dates and the likes, only to get people being pissed off even more because it takes months to feature them. This will only increase if I start denying hosts. And where do I draw the line, exactly? Which hosts will I feature again and which not? Those are challenges that will play a larger role if we start to change things.

I think a move towards what you envision comes best with a transition to serve a broader audience, meaning offering VPN, proxy, and may even shared hosting plans. It allows us to server a broader audience, a bigger diversity of plans and offers, while keeping regular providers happy at the same time.

What I say here is still hypothetical. I will have to discuss these plans and see how we can actually execute them.

• A redesign of the site with better search options ie searching for 1gb dosent show you 128 plans

• Personally, I'd like to see more exotic offers that actually have something different about them. Not just "OH LOOK ANOTHER 1GB OVZ for $7/MTH WOW", you know?
    @aus said:
    More non-ColoCrossing offers and more yearly's.

I couldn't agree more.

• @Jack said:
    Decent offers rather than all CC hosted ones, I know this is hard as Mr B provides cheap as hell pricing for everyone but something different is always nice to see.

+1.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Jack said: Decent offers rather than all CC hosted ones, I know this is hard as Mr B provides cheap as hell pricing for everyone but something different is always nice to see.

Mr B, I'm flattered. :)

I think Maarten has done a very good job as of late highlighting a lot of unique offers on LEB.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

kcaj said: I rarely visit LEB nowadays, used to visit on a daily basis some years ago.

@kcaj what can we do to make the site more interesting for you?

• Nice to see everyone beat me to all the adult humor requests. In all seriousness however, can we please add the ability to flag a post from a mobile device? Also I don't know if it's just me or not, but I'm unable to view signatures while browsing on my phone, and yes, I tried the user settings for it several times but to no avail.

• jbiloh said: @kcaj what can we do to make the site more interesting for you?

Jack said: Decent offers rather than all CC hosted ones, I know this is hard as Mr B provides cheap as hell pricing for everyone but something different is always nice to see.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Offers section for services related to VPS or web hosting providers.

• A working search engine? I get a 403 when I try to search.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

AverageGuy said: A working search engine? I get a 403 when I try to search.

Search works fine on LEB.

• @Nekki said:
    Search works fine on LEB.

And here.

• AverageGuy said: A working search engine? I get a 403 when I try to search.

If it's not working, just go to Google and type "site:lowendtalk.com Search Query Here"

Maybe not the easiest way to search, but it will always work (except when searching for things like the cest pit, which are hidden from Google)

This discussion has been closed.