Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you do with all the LEB's lying around? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you do with all the LEB's lying around?

2»

Comments

• CoreyCorey Member

$2 and under? :O wow... must be super leboxes like 64mb.

• BlueVM had a $2 512MB offer a while back.

• earlearl Member

@Corey said: $2 and under? :O wow... must be super leboxes like 64mb.

The lowest is 128mb/160mb from ipxcore @ $1.25/month.. my bluevm is 256mb/512 mb ram 40 Gb disk and 1Tb bandwidth @ 2/month.. so not really ultra LEB's at all

• debugdebug Member
    edited June 2012

@Corey said: $2 and under? :O wow... must be super leboxes like 64mb.

Actually what I have is 1GB 30GB HDD 4TB B/W for ~ $6/every 6 months (Was less than a dollar every month). :D Love super limited coupons!

• blackblack Member

@debug said: Actually what I have is 1GB 30GB HDD 4TB B/W for ~ $6/every 6 months (Was less than a dollar every month). :D Love super limited coupons!

Wow, from which provider?

• yomeroyomero Member

UptimeVPS? hahahaha :P

• Hm... The same problem as me, 96mb :)
    Currently I'm having yearly 256MB KVM and 512OpenVZ from Prometeus, one 128KVM from PyramidServer, 1 VRS Smart and 1 KVM Smart from Edis, a 512MB KVM from SonicVPS, and a KVM from Turnkey Internet.

Need idea to use that all :D. Because all of them are from promo

And also I have several unused domain names, which might be sold if they are passing 60 days ( jualvps.com)

Anyone have idea?

• JTRJTR Member

No, OpenVZ (with a extra filtered IP).

• 96mb96mb Member

@earl RocketVPS is the budget arm of Knownhost...so ya, very good company, you can take a look at my review here about them: http://www.96mb.com/96mb-low-end-vps-review-part-47-rocketvps/

Very solid box + very fast customer service...

Thanked by 1earl
  • 96mb96mb Member

@debug I am curious too, may be we should open up a thread here: best deal you have got :)

• 96mb96mb Member

@ErawanArifNugroho Ohh....that reminded me something, I looked at your blog and saw the story with WorldVPS, I think they had some problem with their email at the beginning so you have to login to the account control panel to see the IP...but ya, the software they used for support is based on some sort of forum I guess? which is quite crappy, but the support does answer the ticket fast though, of course, you have to try your best to log into that stupid system to see the response :)

• 96mb96mb Member

And just saw the post from @prometeus with his 1G KVM promotion...Gosh...I got to stop looking at LET right now before I burn another hole in my pocket :)

Thanked by 1joshuatly
  • debugdebug Member

@black said: Wow, from which provider?

@96mb said: @debug I am curious too, may be we should open up a thread here: best deal you have got :)

It's with @prometeus . I got it April 1, 2012. He ran a coupon that had 5-uses, but gave 90% off (reoccurring)/

• blackblack Member

@debug said: It's with @prometeus . I got it April 1, 2012. He ran a coupon that had 5-uses, but gave 90% off (reoccurring)/

Definitely jelly.

• 96mb96mb Member

@debug that for sure beat us all here :)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@earl said: Hmm.. is RocketVPS a good company? never really heard of them.. anyways they seem to be having a sale now, 30% off recurring discount for the first 25 orders on rs2 and above plan, but even with the discount it's still above $7.

RocketVPS is very good because of good rep of their parent company.

Thanked by 1earl
  • I'm trying owncloud but i'm very disappointed.

Release 4 is a hog of bugs, and it's barely working.

Nginx has a bug and doesn't work with stock osx webdab because it has another bug.
    The osx client is compiled with debug function so it dump giga and giga of log in console. Besides it's primitive.

Web interface allow upload of files smaller than 2mb.

I must say, they must have a courage to sell a product raw like this.

• I'm pretty sure that's from a php.ini config file (although I"m not too sure if that's where they get the ridiculous 2mb file limit).

Regardless, yes it is filled with bugs.

• 96mb96mb Member

@RoboCot @HalfEatenPie good thing I have not got around to install those

• @HalfEatenPie i modified the php file limit but it had no consequences on owncloud. I think it's a software limit.

@96mb i tried sparkleshare also, but it's worse. A lot worse.

• @RoboCot mine had this weird bug on Windows where it'd complain about the time difference and therefore wouldn't sync. I fixed it by editing the configure file but it was really weird.

I don't know if this will work (I haven't done it for my copy yet) but here: http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1809

Personally, I'm thinking about 20mb limit.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@96mb said: so what do you do with your LEBs that are just lying around?

i have an idea, write a review again on those LEB's?

Thanked by 1klikli