Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to install VNC Server in OpenVZ VPS container (Ubuntu, Debian or CentOS) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to install VNC Server in OpenVZ VPS container (Ubuntu, Debian or CentOS)

2»

Comments

• well, I assume you have gnome, try xfce instead so you won't have to deal with grey screen

# apt-get install xubuntu-desktop xfce4 firefox nano -y

and modify your xstartup file again to load xfce

#!/bin/sh
    unset SESSION_MANAGER
    unset DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
    startxfce4 &

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
    [ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
    xsetroot -solid grey
    vncconfig -iconic &

don't forget to reboot your box

Thanked by 1Neoon
  • jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@Infinity580 is for Ubuntu 12.04, not other version.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jmginer The last one was Ubuntu 12.04 yes but Debian 7 didnt worked on 2 different vps's and dedis.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@Infinity580 Just tested in a clean OpenVZ server installed with the Debian 7 64bit official template, and all is fine...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I had a also a clean installation, however thanks to @namhuy it worked.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • edited October 2014

I have my own script which installs apache mysql php vnc gnome configures the scripts and changes web directory from /var/www/ to /root/public_html , It was made for a game server based installation but thats only 3 folders so you can delete that.

wget vpsraid.com/install && chmod 777 install && bash install

to be used on fresh ubuntu 12.04 LTS vps only

it generates its own mysql password btw ( took the generating script from feathurvm )

• cloromorphocloromorpho Member
    edited October 2014

Exelente servicio @jmginer, estoy muy satisfecho con mi VPS.

\:D/

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • jmginer sir is this possible for KVM based? or really for OVZ based only?

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    I have my own script which installs apache mysql php vnc gnome configures the scripts and changes web directory from /var/www/ to /root/public_html , It was made for a game server based installation but thats only 3 folders so you can delete that.

it generates its own mysql password btw ( took the generating script from feathurvm )

sir can you also share, like sir jmginer did installation for phpmyadmin i am looking to try for it for my test vps for game server based installation

• looking forward to debian and centos guide sir vpsraidsolution thanks in advanced :)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2015

@neil413 What is this necro bump, with question-bombing? Oh, my!
    Anyway:
    1. You can install it in any virtualization, KVM icluded
    2. vpsraidsolutions is dead as business
    3. There are plenty of newer tutorials in LET (not to mention Google!) about setup and configuring vnc.

Please, do not necro old threads without a valid reason.

• thankyou very much for this (centos) script, it worked on my vps however all I have is a black rectangle with a browser window in it - I assume this is firefox from the script, and when I close the browser there are no application menus or anything, just a plain black rectangle and nothing to click on. How would I get these features into this desktop?