Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any one like my logo?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any one like my logo?

TazTaz Member
edited June 2012 in General

Was bored for couple of hour, Tried to do a logo my self. Not impressed but not sure if this will work. What do you think?
http://gyazo.com/dbfd067cea6f7de9bb010bb26b258fca

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Honest opinion - it sux..

Not so honest - Yeah man, its awesome!

Thanked by 2klikli Freek
  • In my opinion, the first impression is "Inja Hawk" not "Ninja". Also, it looks a bit amateurish.

Don't worry tho, keep tweaking it. The first draft is rarely what anyone goes with. :)

Thanked by 1klikli
  • ZeroZero Member
    edited June 2012

I like the font you've used.

• TazTaz Member

@Liquidhost Haha; @matt_securedspeed True. Just out of Idea. Waiting for the mascot Designer to finish up. Then I might be able to Do something.

• TazTaz Member

@Zero LastNinja :P

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2012

looks good

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Just gonna be honest and say I don't like it. Unfortunately I have no constructive criticism. My design skills are limited, I'm just highly opinionated and difficult to please.

Thanked by 1jh
  • TazTaz Member

@jarland Agreed. Well Trial and error. Until I get the mascot, really out of idea :P

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I am also really bad at design and can not give any comments. However, you can always follow some tutorials for PS, there are tons of them. Eventually you will make something good looking.

• Or you could just give some Indian dude 5$ to make a nice logo

• CoreyCorey Member

@gsrdgrdghd haven't had any of those cheap indian dudes make me a nice logo yet. I've tried MANY times.... just wasted my money.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Veron.co does good work actually. They're not Indian though ;) (from Jordan I believe)

• TazTaz Member

@Everyone What ever you , Harzem does magic when it comes to Design.

• Looks like it's been whipping up in 20 seconds using a custom font pack, some colours, and some manipulation, don't personally like it! btu would work for a cartoon theme, put more definition into the logo, add some weird effects, maybe it will stand out more, and be more "defined".

Good luck!

• TazTaz Member

@eastonch Not good at Graphics. Lol, Takes time to be creative. The only thing I am creative with is Food.

• RandyRandy Member

sory,dont like it. spend 30 bucks
    and get someone to do it for you my logo and banner was done by an indian and it looks great

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

When designing the logo you shoukd consider few scenarios:

• how it looks in big version (500x200) and how in small (like 50x20)?
    • how it looks in color, black on white, white on black?
    • is it easy to remember?
    • what does it say about your business/whatever?
      Beside that try to not overload it with graphic elements or fancy glows. Try to design two versions- one with single graphic element and second one with graphic element and text. Create 20-30 different projects and choose 2-3 of them, then use A/B and ask your customers to choose prefered one.
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

As for http://gyazo.com/dbfd067cea6f7de9bb010bb26b258fca, horizontally flip the lightning, and move it to the right a bit, so that it partially falls behind the text.

• Make the N red like the first half and be done with it, the lightening thing doesn't work :)

• Yah I didnt realize it said Ninja either at first.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Randy said: sory,dont like it. spend 30 bucks

and get someone to do it for you my logo and banner was done by an indian and it looks great

Not really my experience. I just did exactly that - got five done through different people. All of them sucked in the end.

Hired an American art student and he did a great job. I really should put a page up with the awful logos I got from vWorker and WHT offers and compare it to the American...not trying to sound all national pride or anything, but the vWorker logos were very much "we took a piece of clip art and splashed your name on it".

• TazTaz Member
    edited June 2012

@raindog308 exactly, 3 wht, 4 digitalpoint, 1v7 and 5 fiverr. Waste of money and time. Nothing but a free icon off Google and fancy font.

• vahevahe Member

@NinjaHawk

What's the company/site about?

• TazTaz Member

@vahe web host.

• For a brand logo should go more simple, looks more professional that way. Take a look at google, yahoo, microsoft, facebook etc...all simple logos. Most providers on here have simple ones too.

• TazTaz Member

Ya true I guess ( besides Google, they change everynight :p)

• TazTaz Member

@vahe not bad. I am actually toying around with logo. My mascot designer was supposed to finish up the logo. I am pretty much done with the contents( rebranding so couple of find and replace on notepad. ;)
    Thanks for the help. Might launch a basic template base site before I get our custom design done.

• @Corey said: @gsrdgrdghd haven't had any of those cheap indian dudes make me a nice logo yet. I've tried MANY times.... just wasted my money.

I can recommend e.g. Fiverr they've done an excellent job so far. Some people on this forum also recommended them.