Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best/Cheapest email host ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best/Cheapest email host ?

Hi,
So I am looking for a email service like Namecheaps but for a few personal sites. about 3 domains and 3+ accounts on each domain. Does anyone know of any good reasonable priced email services?

Comments

• What about MXRoute? @jar

Thanked by 1jar
  • MXRoute? Not a customer myself yet, but it's from @jar so I'm assuming quality.

Thanked by 2jar ryanarp
  • +1 for MXRoute also try ZOHO.

Thanked by 1jar
  • ZOHO or Yandex(oops it leaked the user data)

• @yywudi said:
    ZOHO or Yandex(oops it leaked the user data)

Which one?

• Problem with mxroute is they don't allow forwarding to gmail apparently

• isalemisalem Member
    edited October 2014

MXRoute! Don't even think twice about it!

Thanked by 2jar ryanarp
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@julfo said:
    Problem with mxroute is they don't allow forwarding to gmail apparently

The problem with anyone that allows it is that they do :)

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited October 2014

@Jar said:

Just got an account, Looks promising as I was expecting a over used cpanel or something, But it actually looks really good.

Thanked by 2jar ryanarp
  • Best and cheapest would be to grab a domain with a grandfathered google apps account.

• @Abdussamad said:
    Best and cheapest would be to grab a domain with a grandfathered google apps account.

was considering that but I have multiple domains, And I know providers like hostgator etc get funny when you signup and just use their promos + I have multiple domains i want to use

• MonsteR said:

was considering that but I have multiple domains, And I know providers like hostgator etc get funny when you signup and just use their promos + I have multiple domains i want to use

You can add up to 600 domains to one account.

• Really? Thought google had it for 1 per account, But if so that a pretty good option.

• MonsteR said: Really? Thought google had it for 1 per account, But if so that a pretty good option.

See here:

"You can add up to 600 domains to your organization's Google account including 20 domain aliases."
    https://support.google.com/a/answer/175747?hl=en

Also the site in my sig.

• @Jar said:

Why? I'm not arguing with you, I'm genuinely interested :-)

Is it to do with privacy issues?

@julfo said:
    Is it to do with privacy issues?

:)

It's actually due to their increasingly tough stance on spam. If you forward spam to them it is only a matter of time before the right spammer hits you hard enough, and they block your server's IP address for a few hours. As little as 2-3 forwarders on a server could be enough to ruin everyone's chance at successful, immediate delivery to the most popular e-mail services. No matter how well you block spam, it's a game of cat and mouse, eventually one gets ahead of the other even if only for a while.

Basically I decided that quality had to win over the convenience of an old tradition that cannot keep up with the times.

For another point of view on it:

http://richweb.com/why_email_forwarding_is_broken

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

MxRoute :)

Thanked by 2jar ryanarp
  • I've been happily using http://www.bhosted.nl/webhosting/email-only for 2 years now, 6 euros/y is really cheap but I feel like I'm going to need more than 50mb storage at this point. I'll watch this topic!!

• Thanks. I never realised forwarding was so dangerous for the intermediary server! But then, I don't know much about email and it seems to be a lot more complicated than you'd expect.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Zoho offers good mail service for free upto 5 users with 5 GB space and many other features, we are using it for few of our domains, also its one service which offers mail support for even free mail id

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • It's not without issues, but this very much helps you not get marked as spam, @jar:

www.openspf.org/SRS

• +1 for zoho :-)

edited October 2014

@amhoab said:
    It's not without issues, but this very much helps you not get marked as spam, jar:

www.openspf.org/SRS

Actually doesn't have an impact on this anymore. If you forward spam to gmail in any reasonable quantity they block your IP for a time regardless, which is perfectly understandable on their part. They now base their actions more on content and less on headers, which is rapidly becoming the only effective way to filter spam.

Thanked by 1natestamm
  • to start with Zoho is good to use and easy to manage..

• Google Apps

• +1 for MXroute, if not try Google Apps.

• Mxroute pricing is bit not clear, they had mentioned some mail space is it combined for all mail ids or per mail id?

edited October 2014

@programer said:
    Mxroute pricing is bit not clear, they had mentioned some mail space is it combined for all mail ids or per mail id?

It's actually really clear, you get the amount of storage listed. If it were per mail account it would say so :)

• @Jar: where is the data hosted?

• Zoho may meet your needs easily.
    You can also consider using iRedmail hosting on a VPS. You will have flexibility for domains and accounts.