Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you like to see on LowEndBox.com?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What would you like to see on LowEndBox.com?

With the LowEndBox.com team we're always looking for ways to increase engagement with our users and get more quality content. We are very curious what you would like to see on LowEndBox.com or what you would like to see change.

Please stick to serious suggestions and ideas only.

Comments

• Smiling faces. /end joke, we both know that'll never happen.

Personally, I'd like to see more exotic offers that actually have something different about them. Not just "OH LOOK ANOTHER 1GB OVZ for $7/MTH WOW", you know?

Thanked by 3netomx diszk Profforg
  • ausaus Member
    edited October 2014

More non-ColoCrossing offers and more yearly's.

• No more 'Make Money' ads. It's should be 'Spend Money on vps' only. :)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Some coding/script or some sys-admin competitions for different users, seen it on overclockers forum was kinda fun joining in the monthly competitions

• More tutorials would be great

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited October 2014

Some specific tutorials on how to install, manage and secure VPS and running a site.

Because I new user to VPS will need those IMO.

• @TheKiller but there are tons of articles on setting up a Linux server on the Internet. What are you looking for that you think LEB can provide that others don't (Don't get me wrong I like the idea, I'm just curious what sort of spin you hope to get from LEB compared to other places)

• @lukesUbuntu said:
    Some coding/script or some sys-admin competitions for different users, seen it on overclockers forum was kinda fun joining in the monthly competitions

I'd love to see this :)

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @tarasis it will be good if some one found LEB and tutorials at the same spot. That will help build community. I felt the same when a year ago I faced same situation

Thanked by 1vladka24
  • some more dedicated server offer's not just VPS

• LowEnd news.
    • Disqus comments.
    • Tutorials for tuning for low memory environments or that consider low end environments.
    Thanked by 1wojons
  • some shared hosting / vpn offers.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Hookers

Por more tutorials, either way is fine

• More quality tutorials. Also, I'd love see "Important news of the week/month" where you can synthetize ... important news.

• Shared Hosting Offers maybe :)

• More tutorials focused on running on low end machines.

• @Ndha said:
    Shared Hosting Offers maybe :)

Hell no! LowEndBox implied VPS bro :)

I'd like proper wiki for the tutorial, with index and all. Weekly/monthly competition(but not the one where you need to suck up to anybody) would be nice too.

Thanked by 2Ndha Spirit
  • @Silvenga said:

• Disqus comments.
    • Tutorials for tuning for low memory environments or that consider low end environments.

Please no disqus, but I do agree tutorials for low end boxes could be useful.

Thanked by 1ben78
  • Benchmarks please.

• @Zen said:
    Please.

+3

• ME: comparison of VPSs regarding disk speed, network speed, uptime, price

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Interesting offers that are found instead of submitted, none VPS offers e.g. hosted exchange, hosted storage, saas etc etc.

• LET/B is only interested in VPS/low cost dedi apparently (has been the answer time and time again.)

GoodHosting said: LET/B is only interested in VPS/low cost dedi apparently

Adapt or die imo, and also imo the latter is happening.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2014

More or less is just about purpose of LEB which I believe is lost. It used to be website dedicated to feature and introduce some great things we aren't so familiar with. Now it's site to re-post offers from same old known hosts all the time.
    Whoever read LET don't need to even open LEB anymore.
    It can be still good to grab some good coupon of our favourite hosts from time to time, but to read and comment... there's nothing to comment about same known names all the time.

Imagine Playboy magazine to repeatedly feature every third month same playmate. That's what LEB became. Popular hosts are repeatedly "featured" all the time. That's boring and worthless reading.

What I would like to see at LEB? Something what I don't see all the time at LET ;-) More of those in past standard, but lately dramatically called "surprise posts" :P

Spirit said: More or less is just about purpose of LEB which I believe is lost. It used to be website dedicated to feature and introduce some great things we aren't so familiar with. Now it's site to re-post offers from same old known hosts all the time. Whoever read LET don't need to even open LEB anymore.

It can be still good to grab some good coupon of our favourite hosts from time to time, but to read and comment... there's nothing to comment about same known names all the time.

Imagine Playboy magazine to repeatedly feature every third month same playmate. That's what LEB became. Popular hosts are repeatedly "featured" all the time. That's boring and worthless reading.

What I would like to see at LEB? Something what I don't see all the time at LET ;-) More of those in past standard, but lately dramatically called "surprise posts" :P

This pretty much sums everything up, sadly Jon does not agree and thinks the visitor numbers are up so nothing will change, you know... until its gone.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @Spirit said:

+1 , I couldn't have said it better myself.

• LeeLee Veteran

People need to stop living in the past, neither site is owned by a single passionate person who has a common view shared by the community.

It's owned by a business, to make money etc...

Been what? Over a year now and still so many can't stop reliving what is gone and going to stay gone.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • More geographical diversity, better callouts to what services are banned on boxes. It would be nice if the offering breakdown was machine readable / sortable. Like if I could select > 128MB > 20GB disk and south america. It is nice to put our servers close to our clients.

W1V_Lee said: People need to stop living in the past

Agreed, as I said adapt or die, the idea of the past has been long forgotten and trampled now it will never return, if it is a business it needs to make a lot more effort though, half of LEB has been broken or seriously out of date for 2 years.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
This discussion has been closed.