Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubuntu 14 / CentOS7- encrypted LVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ubuntu 14 / CentOS7- encrypted LVM

webcraftwebcraft Member
edited October 2014 in Help

Hello,

I'm about setting up a new Ubuntu 14.10 Server but I don't get an encrypted LVM in manual mode.

In addition I'm trying to set up a server with CentOS7 but when entering the passphrase for encryption the confirmation field doesn't turn to active after filling the first.

Could anybody be so nice and explain briefly how to get it?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• None has an idea. :/

• CentOS7 encrypted installation

Here you go with a ScreenShot of what my problem is. Maybe you can help now.

• In the screenshot you posted, you didn't type anything in Passphrase. If you type something, and the Confirm field is still grayed out, I would fill a bug report on the CentOS website.

As for Ubuntu, encrypted volume is actually LVM encrypted. You should be able to do that directly from the installer.

• CentOS7 Installer Bug
    Here you go, I typed a password which should fit all password requirements and I still can't use the field. In my opinion this isn't usual.

• @webcraft said:

I still can't use the field. In my opinion this isn't usual.

@agonyzt said:
    If you type something, and the Confirm field is still grayed out, I would fill a bug report on the CentOS website.

• I successfully installed CentOS 7 with an encrypted disk, but it's a while since I did it, and anyway I only did it once. So yes, it does work, and I don't know why it's not working for you. Maybe it is a bug.

• Oh, wait, I did encryption with automatic partitioning. Maybe the bug only appears with manual partitioning.

• Well, I updated to use the latest installer but it's still not working. Where to report a bug?

• That is a problem, since CentOS is just a clone of RHEL, but Red Hat doesn't provide support to CentOS users. http://utcc.utoronto.ca/~cks/space/blog/linux/CentOSBugReportProblem

• Mhmhmm.. very sad.

• If you really need to get this working, you can always use kickstart to install the OS. It's a bit more complex if you never did it before, but it would work just fine.

On a side note, I hate the new Fedora/RHEL installer. It's slow and in my opinion, horribly designed.

• Thanks. Using kickstart works best. ;)