Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sz1hosting fraud warning
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

sz1hosting fraud warning

loydloyd Member
edited October 2014 in General

Some already know this, some may not.

Original sz1hosting thread is here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/33232/can-i-prevent-host-from-unauthorized-access-to-my-openvz-container

The gist of the above is sz1hosting had technical difficulties and we were discussing it. If you care to read, you may notice I did not disclose it was about sz1hosting. When sz1hosting cancelled servers he already resold and started moving sz1hosting customers to other sz1hosting locations, I complained and politely asked sz1hosting for refund of remaining portion, sz1hosting refused and blamed me for sz1hosting failure.

As of Oct. 1 sz1hosting service became unavailable. I asked sz1hosting about the status of the service and sz1hosting cancelled my account from client panel. Quoting:

Client

Where is the VPS? Either refund or host.

sz1Hosting Group

We can give you a vps in France even though you have been talking rubbish about us in the forums....

Kind Regards,
Brady H.
Managing Director
sz1Hosting Limited

Client

Show me ONE sentence I posted that is not based on actual facts, events and experience.

sz1Hosting Group

Ok your calling me a crook and making us look bad as usual. We can not provide you any services anymore due to this please do not use our services again, we tried our best to deal with you in a nice way and you have done to much damage now so we no longer want any custom from you, and do not wish to discuss any matters with you again. Next time you host with someone do not publicly make them look bad. If you cause any more problems we will do our best to retaliate.

Have fun on the forum causing damage to us as you have been doing for a while now, we would be crazy to carry on letting you be our customer after all the bad things you have done to us.

Ticket ID: #501327
Subject: Closing Czech location

Poof, sz1hosting client panel account. Gone. No sz1hosting TOS violation. No refund. No sz1hosting VPS.

Has to be new low. As for me, this is about as much time I give to the crook sz1hosting, hopefully this warning ranks up.

Thanked by 1ucxo

Comments

• I knew it was bad .. not that bad though ..

I hope you didn't lose much money to this scumbag .. :(

• What the fuck is wrong with this guy.. if he just refunded your money that would be that, now he has to deal with extra bad publicity...

Thanked by 1loyd
  • GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited October 2014

We can cover you with a VPS with the same specs on us for the amount of remaining days you had with sz1hosting. Just message me :)

• @ATHK no worries, it was not that much. I have some dry times, but I bet he is in much worse financial shape than I am right now and 99% of that is due to his attitude.

I am just curious how he was able to achieve all those likes on his Facebook.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @GreenHostBox said:
    We can cover you with a VPS with the same specs on us for the amount of remaining days you had with sz1hosting. Just message me :)

Very kind of you to offer that!

@loyd said:
    Poof, sz1hosting client panel account. Gone. No sz1hosting TOS violation. No refund. No sz1hosting VPS.

Has to be new low. As for me, this is about as much time I give to the crook sz1hosting, hopefully this warning ranks up.

That really sucks, I hope that S1Scam can never come back on here to trick more people out of their money.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • loydloyd Member
    edited October 2014

@GreenHostBox that is awfully nice of you, thank you very much! No worries, I have more VPSes than projects right now, the czech project is already hosted, but next time I need VPS, I will look at your offers for sure. Thanks again!

Thanked by 1GreenHostBox
  • loydloyd Member
    edited October 2014

My parting gift, top 10 in search about 1hr after posting, enjoy sz1 ... and I did not even exaggerate.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • PwnerPwner Member
    edited October 2014

@loyd said:
    sz1Hosting Group

Ok your calling me a crook and making us look bad as usual.

They seem to be doing it to themselves just fine, and if it's something normal for them, I'd recommend they get out of this business because they sure aren't doing it right.

Next time you host with someone do not publicly make them look bad. If you cause any more problems we will do our best to retaliate.

This can be perceived as a threat and can lead to a lawsuit. Maybe sz1hosting should 'check with his lawyer' again before posting anything from now on.

Have fun on the forum causing damage to us as you have been doing for a while now, we would be crazy to carry on letting you be our customer after all the bad things you have done to us.

They are literally denser than a brick wall.

• @loyd said:

I am just curious how he was able to achieve all those likes on his Facebook.

More than likely bought them or used a like for like system.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    So this thread is why LET has been down all morning, right?

I would guess so, if its down it can't cache & rank.

Thanked by 1sourceror599
  • GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited October 2014

@Nekki said:
    So this thread is why LET has been down all morning, right?

Weird thing is our site got hit by a DDoS attack (flooded with TIME_WAIT connections) right after we commented but it was easy to mitigate. I guess he moved on and targeted LET because LET was down after that.

Thanked by 1sourceror599
  • Since he is banned here, someone should post this on WebHostingTalk and see what he has to say for himself.

• @GreenBoxHost, you get DDoSed because you made an offer ? :)

• @chauffer said:
    Since he is banned here, someone should post this on WebHostingTalk and see what he has to say for himself.

Or Skype.

@Catalin said:
    GreenBoxHost, you get DDoSed because you made an offer ? :)

Certain hosts and locations do get targeted if they make offers.

• loydloyd Member
    edited October 2014

So LET was down and it's attributed to sz1? If that's really true, it shows he is a bully.

• This is the price you pay when buying services from kids rather than legit service providers.

• loyd said: So LET was down and it's attributed to sz1? If that's really true, it shows he is a bully.

No, not at all.

I was making a joke, based on his history of allegedly DDoS'ing people who say things he doesn't like. As far as I am aware, there is nothing linking the site being down to that particular gentleman.

• sz1 regularly attacks those who make comments about him on LET/IRC.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • kcaj said: sz1 regularly attacks those who make comments about him on LET/IRC.

But that's never translated to an attack on LET, right?

• Nekki said: But that's never translated to an attack on LET, right?

Nobody can tell. LET is attacked rather frequently.

• Nekki said: But that's never translated to an attack on LET, right?

No, you're right. His latest thing is to launch WP ping back attacks which CF free can't mitigate.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited October 2014

kcaj said: No, you're right. His latest thing is to launch WP ping back attacks which CF free can't mitigate.

CF free can't mitigate these attacks, but turning off XMLRPC can.

wych said: I would guess so, if its down it can't cache & rank.

That's actually a good point, given all the recent SEO service advertising he's done, it wouldn't shock me if this was his goal.

It might be a good idea to, instead of posting here, gather his info and speak with the relevant authorities. It's clear he has no intention of ceasing this behavior, and feels no remorse for it; He has broken the law in uttering threats, so it's pretty black/white at this point.

• @RockIslander said:
    This is the price you pay when buying services from kids rather than legit service providers.

Are you saying new providers on LET are not legit? Everyone was a kid at some point.

So far, services by "kids" from LET/LEB have worked out for me, many good buys, 1 lemon. I am optimistic, even sz1 could clean up his act if he wanted to.

• alexh said: CF free can't mitigate these attacks, but turning off XMLRPC can.

Turning off xmlrpc on what?

• RockIslander said: This is the price you pay when buying services from kids rather than legit service providers.

Victims of fraud aren't to be held at fault. The people who commit fraud take advantage of people's trust; It's a natural human characteristic, and it you disagree, you are emotionless and unfit to contribute to this discussion. Do you hold victims of stalking, harassment, or assault accountable for the crimes committed against them? Because they're victims for a reason, it's not their fault, and it doesn't make the crimes involved OK.

I'm sick and tired of reading logic like this. Just because an individual chooses to make themselves vulnerable (in this case, purchasing hosting) does not mean that they should be freely attacked. I don't understand how people see this as remotely close to logical.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • alexhalexh Member
    edited October 2014

linuxthefish said: Turning off xmlrpc on what?

Disable it in Wordpress. You can use a plugin (below) to do it or a .htaccess file / set of nginx rules. I believe you can also straight up delete xmlrpc.php but I'll have to double check on that.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-xml-rpc-pingback/

• wych said: I would do that.

I don't have WP installed, just the volume of requests (around 15/s) overwhelm Apache. (Apache, I know, I know!)

• @kcaj said:
    I don't have WP installed, just the volume of requests (around 15/s) overwhelm Apache. (Apache, I know, I know!)

So he was hitting a pingback URL even though you didn't have WP on that domain?