Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM License
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM License

http://www.solusvm.com/pricing.php
This is confusing.

I am planning to host a Master(control panel) on a separate VPS and have multiple Slave(Nodes/Boxes). What do I have to get? This is very confusing.

Do I get 1 Master Enterprise and several slaves(addon) or Several slave-only Enterprise license? The more I look at the page, I get more confused.

Thanked by 1vladka24

Comments

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

1 master and several slaves.

Thanked by 1EricLimaB

Slave addons I should say :)

Thanked by 1EricLimaB
  • @agoldenberg said:
    Slave addons I should say :)

Then what are "Slave-only"? I am guessing you are referring to that $10/m one.

Slave only is basically a license to have a slave node that does what the master does but does not allow you to have any VPS hosted on it.

It only lets you control slave nodes.

Thanked by 1EricLimaB
  • ausaus Member
    edited September 2014

@EricLimaB

Enterprise master = Control Panel (aka master) hosted within the node (aka slave)

Slave only = Control Panel hosted elsewhere

So, you should get a slave only license for the master and slave licenses for nodes.

• EricLimaBEricLimaB Member
    edited September 2014

@aus said:
    EricLimaB

Enterprise master = Control Panel (aka master) hosted within the node (aka slave)

Slave only = Control Panel hosted elsewhere

So, you should get a slave only license for the master and slave licenses for nodes.

Thanks! Now it makes sense.

@agoldenberg said:
    Slave only is basically a license to have a slave node that does what the master does but does not allow you to have any VPS hosted on it.

Yep, FINALLY got it.

Enterprise Master License = Master(control panel) + VPS within the same box/dedi

Slave Only Master License = Master(control panel) on separate machine, with slaves.
    (for the ones who are confused like me).

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited September 2014

@agoldenberg said: Slave only is basically a license to have a slave node that does what the master does but does not allow you to have any VPS hosted on it.

Heh, confusing is right. Took me a few reads to make heads and tails of their pricing, too. Maybe they should have called it "Slavemaster" ;)

Thanked by 1EricLimaB
  • @aglodek said:

I would rather change the "Enterprise Master License" to just "Master License" and have a better explanation on the site. :/

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited October 2014

We just recently moved away from SolusVM. overall it was a good product how ever we had some issues that forced us to switch. SolusVM has few bugs and a broken migration function that sometimes might end up wiping a VPS or loosing the partition.

/edited

• @clamhost said: Dump SolusVM while you have the chance....

So what do you recommend instead?

• @aglodek said:

I would suggest proxmox with modulesgarden module.

We have decided to go with a entirely different solution. NOCPS with XenServer. and we plan to build onto it in the future by developing our own in house automation system. And the costs are far lower then SolusVM in the long run.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @clamhost said:
    I would suggest proxmox with modulesgarden module.

I wouldn't.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Why wouldn't you? Proxmox is an awesome piece of software.

• @wych said:
    I wouldn't.

Any specific reason for this ?

We don't use the Modules Garden Module for Proxmox we just use NOCPS with its built in Hypervisor hooks. Just lacks 1 critical feature that we require. But are already looking at a solution to this.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited October 2014

@clamhost, @wych: I need VPS CP that:

• plays well with WHMCS

• has API so can build own CP frontend

This means SolusVM or Virtualizor, I think...?

• ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited October 2014

@clamhost said:
    Dump SolusVM while you have the chance. PMed a rep for OnAPP on LET to ask regarding migration from SolusVM to OnAPP. and was ignored ...

Who did you PM?

:)

D

• I think SolusVM wins proxmox.. By my perspective.

• @EricLimaB said:
    I think SolusVM wins proxmox.. By my perspective.

SolusVM overall is a good product.

Maybe since OnAPP has bought out SolusVM we might see some improvements that will make it overall a better Control Panel. :)

Thanked by 1EricLimaB
  • @clamhost said:

Yeah, I hope to see better updates.