Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MORE servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MORE servers

bijan588bijan588 Member
edited June 2012 in General

Yes, I need some more used servers

4-8 cores
~24GB ram
200GB-500GB HDD
1.5 amps

~300$ budget

Comments

• AsadAsad Member
    edited June 2012

What do you do with all these servers? NeuronHosting?

• Half of them I use for Minecraft Servers, the other half I resell to local clients who need servers and don't like ebay/the internet.

And yeah, I buy a LOT of servers from LET

• Nobody? :(

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

Not to thread jump, but I'm interested. I think we need a sellyourservers.com website bijan588 :)

Thanked by 1bijan588
  • I love how there is no interest D:

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I was as well looking to buy a couple of VPS nodes.. I've seen servers sold on here for more than reasonable price, however been hunting for one for a month and still nothing.

• Same here. hey liquid, if you find a good deal let me know ans I will tell you if I find one myself :)

• AsadAsad Member

How about a LowEndStock site so shift/list unwanted hardware?

• VictorVictor Member

@AsadHaider said: How about a LowEndStock site so shift/list unwanted hardware?

http://lowendstock.com/

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@AsadHaider said: shift/list unwanted hardware?

It's called eBay

• @BlueVM said: Not to thread jump, but I'm interested. I think we need a sellyourservers.com website bijan588 :)

You should do it :) no reason you couldn't make decent money off that, and if you needed you could always out source the programming of course.

• @BlueVM said: Not to thread jump, but I'm interested. I think we need a sellyourservers.com website bijan588 :)

This is a great idea. I wish shipping wasn't such of a problem - especially living in Canada or an international country. Often, I find that stops a lot of us (including myself) from purchasing used servers - such as what's offered here.

Thanked by 1MrDOS
  • @EricCubixCloud said: This is a great idea. I wish shipping wasn't such of a problem - especially living in Canada or an international country. Often, I find that stops a lot of us (including myself) from purchasing used servers - such as what's offered here.

Well i'm sure the site could connect you with those selling used servers in your own country to help lower costs, although that would probably be pretty limiting.

• @miTgiB said: It's called eBay

You never know the quality of said server, I would rather buy from a respected member here than some guy I have never heard of there.

• CoreyCorey Member

@bijan588 Ebay kisses the buyer's butts... if you say there was a scratch on it not in the description you can return it to the seller for a full refund.

• A friend of mine has these available, I suspect you could install 24+ GB into them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110895503754

• VictorVictor Member

@mikehighend said: A friend of mine has these available, I suspect you could install 24+ GB into them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110895503754

$260 shipping to Australia. :(

• laaevlaaev Member

@mikehighend said: A friend of mine has these available, I suspect you could install 24+ GB into them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110895503754

I think that's Jon from ColoCrossing.

• AdamAdam Member

@bijan588

It may be more scarce than Ebay, but have you checked the local auction scene?
    I've been to a few auctions with 10+ servers and a few racks, which sold relatively cheap.

^ Call up the local auction houses and have them contact you if they receive any servers... Especially in larger cities where there's a lot of tech startups.

• JacobJacob Member

Corey, Interested in buying a L5420 node? I will be moving a UK node in 2-3 Weeks to another prebuilt chassis.

Not sure what the problem is with it, I have had to reboot it 2 times via the APC in the past couple week, Either some jackass we share the rack with is screwing with it or a faulty part.

Comes driveless with 4,8,12GB RAM, Upto 24GB RAM supported.