Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Features @ChicagoVPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Features @ChicagoVPS

upfreakupfreak Member
edited June 2012 in General

I got this email an hour back.

ChicagoVPS is sending you this email because we have some new, very exciting features that we have released!

Our first accomplishment, we have released our DNS Manager. You can now create and manage your own DNS records without our intervention or creating a support ticket! :) If you currently have DNS records with us that you would like to manage, you will need to raise a support ticket so we can properly link the records.

Our second accomplishment, we are releasing our own monitoring. Everybody gets three free check's just for having an active service with us! You can visit [here](https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=62) to get yourself signed up for it. We currently have Chicago as a monitoring point, but do plan to add additional locations very soon.

Both of these features can be accessed by logging into our billing panel [here](https://billing.chicagovps.net/). The DNS Manager is under "Domain's" and the Server Monitoring is there on the main tool bar.

Keep up the Good work.. ;)

Comments

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited June 2012

Grats to Chris and Jeremiah for being innovative and bring extra features to their clients. Keep up the good work, gents. :P

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Aldryic,

Thank you sir :)

• I'm subscribed to you guys over at Facebook, I actually love reading the massive updates about the services, @CVPS_Chris you're doing great things, keep it up!

Chris.

• Great to hear, keep it up! :)

• VictorVictor Member

Great work! I've actually had a similar idea of a monitoring service for clients, but never got around to working on it. :P

• Sounds excellent, I've always thought built-in DNS management would make a VPS host exponentially more convenient, at least for certain clients. We will likely be following the trend!

Thanked by 3netomx taipres Andri

I cant wait for our next sale ;-) stay tuned. The only thing I am looking forward to is hearing @taipres reaction.

Thanked by 2netomx DeletedUser
  • @CVPS_Chris said: I cant wait for our next sale ;-) stay tuned. The only thing I am looking forward to is hearing @taipres reaction.

:) looks good man, nice job. Though the

Our second accomplishment, we are releasing our own monitoring. Everybody gets three free check's just for having an active service with us!

Is confusing, what is that like node monitoring like SolusVM does or is it a datacenter camera type deal? Also why only 3 checks?

• CiriumCirium Member

I was a little confused aswell..

@taipres said: Is confusing, what is that like node monitoring like SolusVM does or is it a datacenter camera type deal? Also why only 3 checks?

Is basically a form of pingdom but for their own individual VPS. So instead of node monitoring it monitors the VPS. A vps can go down without the node being down so I think its relatively valuable

• @CVPS_Chris

Can you give us a hint? Xen or OpenVZ?

OpenVZ

• @CVPS_Chris even better than the previous deal?

Guys you will just have to wait :-D and no its not the same deal.

• Dude last one was $4/month for 1GB (if you bought the yearly one). Can't go wrong with that.

• How about $2/month for 512MB Ram? :)

• That's awesome too.

I don't know what I'd do without LEB offers.

I think people will be surprised what we come out with, its one of those " HE CANT DO THAT" offer ;-)

• @CVPS_Chris Let's hope you actually make profit from that...

Dont you worry about me, I thought you would know me too well by now and know I wouldnt do anything that would not make a profit.

• rds100rds100 Member

Profit is not always measured in $$$ :)

True dat.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@CVPS_Chris said: know I wouldnt do anything that would not make a profit.

And 95% at that :)

@miTgiB said: And 95% at that :)

WINNING hahaha love it

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • As a CVPS customer, I greatly appreciate this ^_^

• @CVPS_Chris said: I think people will be surprised what we come out with, its one of those " HE CANT DO THAT" offer ;-)

When can we expect this?

In the next 2 weeks

• CiriumCirium Member

I would still like to see a Xen Promo rather than another OpenVZ one..

Thanked by 1tux
  • CoreyCorey Member

@cirium he's already offering super low prices ;)

• CiriumCirium Member

@corey ohh yes, I know. Infact I currently have one, but there has been about 10 sweet unbelievable OpenVZ offers. I guess I would just like to see an Xen offer that has the same specs as the OpenVZ offers for the same price. Just once. :)