Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantic.net offering $0.99 SSD servers!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Atlantic.net offering $0.99 SSD servers!!

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Neat, 1GB/s for 0,99$

• askanceaskance Member
    edited October 2014

https://www.atlantic.net/vps/vps-hosting/
    The page is overloaded and unreachable for me since they hit hacker news and techcrunch a couple of hours ago, here's a copy of the specs:

• Plan: GO
    • 1 VCPU
    • 256MB RAM
    • 10 GB SSD disk space
    • 1TB traffic
    • $0.00135 per hour; $0.99 per month

Seems like a good deal, though the AUP is said to be really restrictive.

edit: Thanks for merging, I didn't notice we had a thread about this already.

Thanked by 2tarasis daman
  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited September 2014

1GB/s is great for $1 a month.

Too small for seedbox. 10 GB SSD. Wish they had HDD.

• Background Running Programs and Cron Jobs

>

Atlantic.Net may allow programs to run in the background. These programs will be considered on an individual basis and extra charge will be incurred based on system resources used and operational maintenance needed. If you wish to run background programs please contact us before doing so.

Huh?

so i get a 0,99$ VServer but i can't even run SSH on it?

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • I saw this offer on WHT, and I need one server for watching Hulu. If anyone bought this, would you test it for opening Hulu? Can we watch it?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    I saw this offer on WHT, and I need one server for watching Hulu. If anyone bought this, would you test it for opening Hulu? Can we watch it?

Why not? Just set up a VPN.

• What virtualization is this?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2014

This is seems to be a shared hosting TOS.

Also I still can't find is this OpenVZ or KVM or what.

Why does my Processor display as QEMU when it is a genuine Intel Xeon Processor?

Our Cloud utilizes a technology called QEMU.

Okay then, KVM.

edited September 2014

nvm

• I've got one in Canada-East-1. They have called me to verify my person. Building in process right now.

• "...it can spin up a new service in about 30 seconds and resizing a server to add more capacity should just take a few clicks."

Lol 15 minutes and it's still building. :D

• pbalazs123 said: Lol 15 minutes and it's still building. :D

People are scrambling to build like you :)

• pbalazs123 said: I've got one in Canada-East-1. They have called me to verify my person. Building in process right now.

How long did it take for them to call you?

• @David_P said:
    How long did it take for them to call you?

2-3 minutes. And i'm overseas.

• :)) Live-chat response:

→Hello!

Ray L.: Thank you for contacting Atlantic.Net Support. My name is Ray, how can I assist you today?

→I would like to ask how much time does it take to build a server? I'm sitting here for 15 minutes and it's still building itself.

Ray L.: What is the email address associated with your account?

→***

Ray L.: Ah ok I see, this was approved but at this time we are unable to provision Canada servers

Ray L.: We have sent the ticket to stop the provisioning of the Canada server and you will need to provision a US server.

→Hmm, okay. :)

Ray L.: We will contact you through the email you have provided when we have resolved the issue

→Thanks for help! Bye!

• rm_ said: This is absolutely a copy-pasted shared hosting TOS, which can be "excusable" for a one man WHMCS+SolusVM summer host that has launched yesterday, but not for a "new cloud company to challenge DigitalOcean".

So what is the VPS TOS?

• The control panel is so ugly :((

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

pbalazs123 said: And i'm overseas.

Calling people overseas to verify them over a $0.99 VPS, 10/10 solid business plan.

sandro said: So what is the VPS TOS?

At first I thought there isn't one, but their site actually points to this page for Terms of service: https://www.atlantic.net/support/cloud-terms-of-service/
    and not the one linked here earlier (so I edited my post).

Thanked by 3netomx Mark_R bf1
  • =( No room left in Canada...I have to settle for USA for now..

• pbalazs123pbalazs123 Member
    edited September 2014

Oh s**t. I have to wait until they dismiss the original one in Canada what is actually didn't provisioned.

We are currently limiting customers to one GO 256 MB Server.
    Please choose another server size.

• rm_ said: Calling people overseas to verify them over a $0.99 VPS, 10/10 solid business plan.

The hope will always be that people are testing the water and will upgrade, the balance has to be abusers jumping in for a throw away amount of money, most abusers won't want to have a call so it make sense if you really want to keep the service as clean as possible.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    I saw this offer on WHT, and I need one server for watching Hulu. If anyone bought this, would you test it for opening Hulu? Can we watch it?

Seems alright using SSH tunneling.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Chuck said: Why not? Just set up a VPN.

Hulu is getting strict to the vps/server provider. DigitalOcean for example, their ip were blocked, so we can't watch Hulu by using squid/vpn from DO.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • They seem to be being slammed to hell. Page is barely loading.

• ErawanArifNugroho said: Hulu is getting strict to the vps/server provider. DigitalOcean for example, their ip were blocked, so we can't watch Hulu by using squid/vpn from DO.

Wow really? Even small providers?

• rm_ said: At first I thought there isn't one, but their site actually points to this page for Terms of service: https://www.atlantic.net/support/cloud-terms-of-service/

and not the one linked here earlier (so I edited my post).

Nothing related to what is not allowed to run... weird.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Got min, working fine

• Only credit cards:( no pp

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • sandrosandro Member
    edited September 2014

netomx said: Got min, working fine

Can you speedtest?