Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Removed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Removed

edited September 2014 in Reviews

Thanks guys. My first thread on LET, so I tried to make it a good and detailed one.

Thanks for using your amazing methods of conveying how stupid I am. That sarcasm and plain rudeness was really great.

I'll keep that in mind the next time I make a thread - if I ever do again.

Thanked by 1aglodek

Comments

• lol

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited September 2014

Someone literally just crashed the node that you were on, the node that you were on just spiked a load over 1000. We are dealing with this now.

I am very sorry about this.

The CPU frequency is due to Intel Speedstep being enabled to save power. When you need the power, it will be there.

• PLEASE WAIT UNTIL WE RESOLVE THIS CPU ABUSE ISSUE ON CH1E5 BEFORE REACHING CONCLUSIONS!!

You've literally had your VPS for less than a half hour and unfortunately a major abuse incident is occurring in the middle of it, I deeply apologize for this but this is no way what we are I swear.

• Explain to me again how this is a"review"?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @jnguyen
    I haven't jumped to any conclusions at all

My whole point is to go into this without the mindset of what all the reviews have given. I'd like to see what GVH is really like, because from what I've seen, reviews can be misleading.

@Brad
    Ok, maybe it's not so much a review as just my experiences, but I wanted to provide information with proof, so people in the future have something other than "GVH is bad there uptime is horribel" to base their judgements off of.

• BradBrad Member
    edited September 2014

@zombiekiller753 said:
    Brad
    Ok, maybe it's not so much a review as just my experiences, but I wanted to provide information with proof, so people in the future have something other than "GVH is bad there uptime is horribel" to base their judgements off of.

You've only had the server for what..half an hour and now it's down?

Thanked by 1sc754
  • @Brad

And now it's back up. Within 3 minutes or so. And even more responsive.

What's your point?

• It's down because the load reached over 1000 from over 100 java processes being ran by an abuser.

• @zombiekiller753 said:
    Brad

And now it's back up. Within 3 minutes or so. And even more responsive.

What's your point?

My point is, 30 minutes is not enough time to make a judgment of a host, or anything you buy in general.

• @Gallaeaho just saved the day and stabilized the node. Please try testing again in a few minutes.

• @Brad

And I didn't. Can you please quote me on where I made any judgement at all?

If anything, I'm trying not to be judgemental because I want to (Like I said earlier) see GVH for what it's really like, not what the reviews say it's like.

All my posts so far are (and I hope they are) neutral, and not support either side - GVH or non-GVH

• @jnguyen la2v2 is sluggish.

• First of all, 2~3 minutes IS instant activation. Provisioning a VM does take a bit of time, you know.
    • You can't base a review on 30~60 minute usage.
    • Did you happen to open a ticket with GVH about the issues you were experiencing?
  • BradBrad Member
    edited September 2014

@zombiekiller753

At this point in time, the control panel and SolusVM is still unresponsive, but the VPS is fast enough.

I assumed it was.

• @DalekOfSkaro

Have you even read anything past the first post? @jnguyen has been very helpful in getting the node that my VPS is on back online. He has also explained why it took some time to get the VPS provisioned on the original thread where this offer was posted. Finally, this isn't so much a review as a log, I guess, but I wasn't quite sure what else to call it. Perhaps a neutral overall inspection of GVH?

• 22:25:34 up 50 days, 7:27, 0 users, load average: 525.41, 535.88, 531.31

abuser on la2v2. we're on it.

• @jnguyen said:
    22:25:34 up 50 days, 7:27, 0 users, load average: 525.41, 535.88, 531.31

dat load doe'

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@jnguyen said:
    22:25:34 up 50 days, 7:27, 0 users, load average: 525.41, 535.88, 531.31

Not sure if thats horrifying or impressive.

• @jnguyen said:
    Someone literally just crashed the node that you were on, the node that you were on just spiked a load over 1000. We are dealing with this now.

I am very sorry about this.

The CPU frequency is due to Intel Speedstep being enabled to save power. When you need the power, it will be there.

16% CPU power when the load is 1000+?

• I think the fact he experienced all these solusvm & vps outages within an hour of signing up (note the first post has them going down multiple times while he was trying to access them) says all it needs to about the reliability of service. If you can't make it even an hour from signup without major problems, what can you really expect going forward?

• @MattKC
    And yet who are you, or I, to say whether these occur frequently, or if I was just unlucky.

Again, I'm trying not to rush into judgement. As many people have said, I can't make a decision based on 30 mins of service.

• And yet who are you, or I, to say whether these occur frequently

Well I'll add a simple frame of reference. Of the past 10 times I've checked SolusVM on GVH for the past 3 months, 6 or 7 of those times my browser request timed out.

If you want to qualify it, just check it every 15 minutes for the next week and see if it returns a 200 response.

• Anyone who actually watches how Gvh operates, and responds, has seen this play out over and over and over. You will shortly be offered credits and a long speech by Jon about how he has changed and is trying to do things better, etc, etc. You don't see this happen with other reputable providers repeatedly. Ramnode, Iniz, all of serverians brands, etc don't have all these repeated problems. Why does Gvh? And to clarify, I am not a competitor and have boxes from several of the companies that frequent let, and have not experienced anything close to the problems you have in your hour with gvh, and I have been with them for months. Sure, problems happen, but providers with thousands more customers than gvh have fewer complaint threads being made. So when virtually every thread made about a particular provider is a complaint due to poor service, it tells you exactly what kind of service that provider is giving.

• @MattKC - You're trying to deal a low blow. What's happening to us right now could happen to ANY provider, regardless of how premium they are.

• @jnguyen said:
    MattKC - You're trying to deal a low blow. What's happening to us right now could happen to ANY provider, regardless of how premium they are.

How is it a low blow? YOU have a customer who just signed up unable to to use their service due to an apparent abuser on the node. At the same time another customer comes in with another node that is faulty. Let's add that to the two tx nodes with continuing problems, yet you sit over in the pit dreaming of a pooltable and fancy office chair, posting revenue screenshots to try and show yours is bigger than others.

Pointing out facts is not a low blow, it's called reality. You might want to give it a try sometime.

• @MattKC said:
    Pointing out facts is not a low blow, it's called reality. You might want to give it a try sometime.

I've been watching this thread on my phone, and I thought I'd give a reply.

The customer (aka me) is still able to use their service. Just fine, in fact. All issues relating to my VPS, CP, or SolusVM were resolved within minutes.

Please, actually read the whole thread.

MattKC said: fancy office chair, posting revenue screenshots to try and show yours is bigger than others.

pics or it didn't happen ;)

• Don't be an ass, my comment was from your first post with the multiple (solus went down, vps went down) comments you made. I'm glad your issues were resolved within minutes, we'll just ignore the comment above regarding the constant solus connection issues that user experiences since it doesn't fit your argument.

And you can take yourself over to the cestpit and see for yourself his postings regarding that stuff, they are in plain view for everyone to see if you bothered to take 2 seconds instead of arguing with anyone who says anything. I don't make stuff up. Just click his name, then view his replies, that will make it much easier for you to see the truth.

• @MattKC said:

No, you get a VPS, and if you have an issue you either leave it a while if it's not important, to see if it's a temporary issues (load issues CAN happen to anyone) or you open up a support ticket and wait like a normal person.

You don't come on LET and post straight away unless you want to cause drama.

• Yeah, I don't get the play by play either, and I'll admit I came on pretty hard in my replies. I just don't get why GVH has to be so dysfunctional, they have a decent customer base, a op director (or whatever) that seems to want to do well and succeed, yet constantly gets involved in crap and goes down paths a provider should not. I have watched from afar for awhile, and had really hoped Jon would realize what an amazing opportunity he has with GVH, yet he seems to always go the opposite direction. Hopefully one day, before it is too late, he will step back and realize what his actions are doing to what could be a very successful company.

Back to the op, this page forward has the posts I was referring to, and I apologize for coming at you so strong.
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/4319/the-cest-pit/p229

This discussion has been closed.