Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phase-7 Downtime, Downtime and useless support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Phase-7 Downtime, Downtime and useless support

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
edited September 2014 in Reviews

Hey,

I have since about 3 Months there a OVZ VPS, 128MB:

Since Months and Weeks just downtime:

The worst, it seems like the Support dosent even understand English:

Seems like some kind of Outsourced Support..... and everything what i get should be fixed an it repeats nearly every day. I just wanted to let you know.

Comments

• gehaxeltgehaxelt Member
    edited September 2014

Hi,
    I have a small box with them, too.

It seems like they're overselling the node. I can't use all of my allocated RAM for example.

I have some downtimes now and then, but the box always got up after some hours.

• Ah, I just remembered I have a server with these guys but apparently I never got the welcome e-mail or anything.

• @gehaxelt said:
    Hi,
    I have a small box with them, too.

It seems like they're hardly overselling the node. I can't use all of my allocated RAM for example

Just FYI hardly means something different in this case it means they aren't overselling where it would seem they are overselling because you can use all your RAM I don't mean to sound rude by pointing this out to you.

Thanked by 1gehaxelt
  • @mpkossen said:
    Ah, I just remembered I havIe a server with these guys but apparently I never got the welcome e-mail or anything.

That reminds me I also have one with these guys, I should check it out to see how it's running...

• I have yearly box with them, never seen downtime, only some packet loss from time to time..Will be bit straight if they not oversell for that prices and location :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2014

So the VPS vent back after 2Hours and 49 Mins of downtime.

• Unfortunate but I thought their prices were a bit too good in Romania.

Time to switch shop?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2014

Multiple hours of downtime are the norm with them :)

In exchange, they let you abuse their resources as much as you want. It doesn't seem like they got a clue about system administration haha.

The upstream is nice, by the way. It's them who can't manage to keep their servers up.

• I have romania vps from rack.sx, better with them instead

For $12 a year for 128mb is good enough

12:22:20 up 78 days, 23:10,  1 user,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00
    USER     TTY      FROM              LOGIN@   IDLE   JCPU   PCPU WHAT
    root     pts/0    202.152.199.140  12:22    0.00s  0.03s  0.00s w
  • As I wrote recently, I do not know how the servers work themselves, but support is a tragedy. Apart from the tickets, when they're sending an emails, they can't even use the footer in mails and all messages looks like some sent by elementary school student.

Addendum #1: The VPS is now running since 20 Days, maybe it was just a upstream problem after they told me they switched the upstream it seems like its fixed.

But lets wait.

• @Spirit @nekki .. can you do something about @janx

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Spirit nekki .. can you do something about manx

Who? ;-)

@Nekki seems like it as been already deleted so.

• @Nekki .. ahhh.. i see what you did there! :P

• Yeah, i should have gone with rack.sx, this Phase7 guy seems to be clueless about most things. One day stuff is working, then the host node restart, stuff isn't working anymore.

It's just 11$, but I'm not even sure it's worth the price.

edited September 2014

Nice, i have a "HDD" Speed from about 2,3MB/s and the Support posts this:

Just to proof it:

I am just speechless.

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited September 2014

Server must be very overloaded if you are getting that low of a kind of I/O speed. Their website doesn't seem finished too.

• used their service for a about a month.... for an unmetered bandwidth price seems to be fine, but for everything else it is not fit.... lot's of downtimes due to packet loss, node offline or "node upgrade", support avg responce time vary from 12 to 48 hours...even if node is absolutely down.. control panel often shows "service unavailable" for all services in account during several days.... service is really poor

edited September 2014

Update, they told me:

We try to test your limitations. The server have dual raid 10 SSD,
    for this reason appears more than 1 gb. Please stay tuned for VPS test results.

They also moved from Core2Quad to E3 1230 @ 3,2GHZ.

So i did again a Speedtest: 5,1MB/s, they told me:

We try to be the best. This node is best effort, and for this reason the transfer rate was limited,
    not all the time. We try to add new ssd-pcie in this cluster.

Support that cares.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited September 2014

Infinity580 said: We try to test your limitations. The server have dual raid 10 SSD,

for this reason appears more than 1 gb. Please stay tuned for VPS test results.

Dual RAID 10 SSD is contradictory. Dual drives indicates RAID 1. If they were originally hosting you on a C2Q, something is very wrong, and I'd suggest moving away. I had a similar thing happen when I tried DirectSpace; They used base-model i5s on VPS nodes. I cancelled immediately as I was unhappy with performance.

• HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited September 2014

No suprise there, I once had a VPS which got suspended (fair enough I think someone got in via SSH) but they didn't reply to the ticket, I cancelled obviously because it took over 25days to get a response? I still haven't got that response, sad times.

• sodasoda Member
    edited September 2014

man you are right , its our fault and we shouldnt trust to such provider .. cause they have no clue what they're doing ,

i have openvz vps with rack.sx , and its disk i/o speed ...

look at this man :

http://www.stooorage.com/show/3312/12528064_rack-sx_ovz-vps_hdd_speed.jpg

and as you had support ticket with them and they didnt resolve it i wont bother myself to contact them and send support ticket cause they dont care , they just care to open thread here and advertise vps but they dont care about i/o speed or downtime or other issues ..

they sell vps with 3 ,4 MB/s hdd speed , un-fucking believable.

just wase of time and money .

//

soda

edited September 2014

However, i terminated that VPS now it isnt worth it. End of story.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited September 2014

@Infinity580 Quote from the support ticket: "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda6"

Bye bye sda6.

I hope it is a testing partition on a testing VPS, oh wait it can't/shouldn't be a VPS on the same node because it's OpenVZ, i guess it's on the node itself, but if it is a testing partition i think the partition table shouldn't be tampered just for a speed test, there are a lot of things that could go wrong especially at that moment.

Anyhow...

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • so what is your opinion on this test good bad ? slow med fast ?

[root@npl-template ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=1M count=100 conv=fdatasync
    100+0 records in
    100+0 records out
    104857600 bytes (105 MB) copied, 0.81619 s, 128 MB/s
    [root@npl-template ~]#
    [root@npl-template ~]#
    [root@npl-template ~]#
    [root@npl-template ~]#
    [root@npl-template ~]#
    [root@npl-template ~]#
    [root@npl-template ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=1M count=100 conv=fdatasync; unlink test
    100+0 records in
    100+0 records out
    104857600 bytes (105 MB) copied, 0.507093 s, 207 MB/s

[root@npl-template ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=2M count=1000 conv=fdatasync; unlink test
    1000+0 records in
    1000+0 records out
    2097152000 bytes (2.1 GB) copied, 2.95455 s, 710 MB/s

• That's reasonably fast.

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    That's reasonably fast.

good deal that is a test from a VPS on our openvz server

• Clancoms said: good deal that is a test from a VPS on our openvz server

SATA or SSD Storage?

• ClancomsClancoms Member
    edited October 2014