Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Withdrawn. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Withdrawn.

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

tr1cky said: You already use CloudFlare, what's the problem?

Not sure if serious or?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Not sure if serious or?

I am totally serious.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@tr1cky said:
    I am totally serious.

Cloudflare doesn't stop people who know the right IP address.

• @MikHo said:

Then stop people to know the right IP address.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2014

@tr1cky said:
    Then stop people to know the right IP address.

You mean stop selling vps to customers?

It is not that hard to find out the node IP when you have a vps on it.

Btw.... You must be trolling now.

Thanked by 1aggressivenetworks
  • @MikHo said:
    Btw.... You must be trolling now.

Is there a problem with the node IP being down? It's only hurting customers if the attacker randomly attacks IPs in a subnet.

• Blows cause it ruins it for the rest of us.

• yep my order got cancelled and my payment refunded....This sucks!!

• @tr1cky said:
    Is there a problem with the node IP being down? It's only hurting customers if the attacker randomly attacks IPs in a subnet.

You're ignoring the cost of bandwidth and limited pipe space.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

tr1cky said: Then stop people to know the right IP address.

which one of the thousands?

I get the feeling perhaps you are just genuinely curious so I will go forward on that assumption.

LEB/T requires you to list test IP's that is one way, providing a test IP not on the network is obviously pointless.

If you don't list them people PM you or email for a test IP anyway, no way to know the reason is not genuine.

It is fair to assume that test IP is not a random /32 so you have a good range to attack.

99% of attacks are untraceable anyway and if someone wants to attack you they will have no problem spending $2 on a server to get IP's

Even if someone attacks the node IP only (which solusvm will give you regardless of CF), it causes solusvm to essentially hang when a node is offline and then people make a few requests, if this is then done via WHMCS then that can hang as well.

If a single IP is hit hard enough on a KVM/Xen node it can cause disruption for everyone if the setup is bridged (standard).

In my case to be honest not everything is behind CF, and with all the hostorical DNS caching etc it is not that hard to get recent records.

It also only takes 1 person to say I use xyz provider a lot and list a site/server/TS3/IRC etc etc and that becomes a target.

Probably 900 other ways too, you may be surprised just how determined some people are, I have had 10's of people over the last 4 years abuse service get suspended and then just outright say "enjoy the DDOS" or words to that effect.

People are dicks!

• @serverian Sorry to hear about the DDoS attacks. Thanks for trying to offer a good deal, but I totally understand not needing the stress when you've got a business to run.

• @serverian :( sad to hear this, after lurking for so long you are one of the few providers I respect on LET/B

• Purely out of curiosity, what was the offer here?

• @Chronic said:
    Purely out of curiosity, what was the offer here?

I think it was this (found listing elsewhere but was dated for yesterday) $7 a month

`
    OpenVZ Virtualization

• 4 vCPU (E5 2620v2)
    • 6GB Memory
    • 30GB Full SSD
    • 2TB Monthly Traffic Limit
    • 10Gbps Network
    • 1 IPv4 Address
      `

That said, when you followed the link to order it was actually 8$/m.

Thanked by 2vimalware Chronic
  • I think it's the vpsdime's birthday special extended promo

512mb ram
    7gb ssd
    2tb traffic
    $7/year

Restock!!! Restock!!! Restock!!! :)

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @serverian and @anthonysmith

One thing I would like to say is you almost have to keep fighting. when someone attacks you when placing an ad they want you to stop selling stop growing and so on. There hope is that you withdraw the ad, or you get fed up and sell to someone else, good chance that the person attacking you was hired by someone that may contact you to buy your company because they are tierd of loosing marketshare to you.

Thanked by 2bohdans ndlong75
  • bohdansbohdans Member
    edited September 2014

@serverian and @anthonysmith

@wojons I agree, keep fighting! Don't let a few bad seeds wreck it for the whole community.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

It's easy to just say "keep fighting" when you aren't the one paying overages or having big problems with the attacks. DDoS sucks.

• @Nyr said:
    It's easy to just say "keep fighting" when you aren't the one paying overages or having big problems with the attacks. DDoS sucks.

Yes it is easy when ur not paying the overages but we are also there customers. and we would not want to loose a good host over smething like this

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

wojons said: Yes it is easy when ur not paying the overages but we are also there customers. and we would not want to loose a good host over smething like this

The problem is those overages occur when (not very profitable) offers are posted on this this forum, not from regular customers paying full price which arrived by other means.

Yeah, you deserve the same level of service, but sucks for the host to post a very nice offer for promotion and get in trouble because of that.

• @Nyr said:
    Yeah, you deserve the same level of service, but sucks for the host to post a very nice offer for promotion and get in trouble because of that.

That is very true as a company grows and these things happen they will not always be able to be a low end provider but i would not want them to leave hosting. There are providers here that i would pay full price with out a question.

• Pasty white kids sitting in their mom's basement yelling for more Mountain Dew and Doritos while they search HF for DDoS-nets for hire is the number one threat to the Internet today.

If only "Social Skills" was a required course for high school graduation . . .