Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 website down? - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 website down?

Comments

• GaryGary Member

@quirkyquark said: the correlation clearly shows your post enabled (or at the very least, hastened) the attack on the client node IP subnet

Hardly. If he could find the IP, others could too. Coincidences happen. Either way, if it happened as a result of him posting the IP, it's probably unconnected to the main DDOS attack, since that would indicate opportunism rather than a concerted, researched attack.

@taipres said: All Jeremy did was honor a confidentially agreement

A confidentiality agreement that may or may not exist. We only have his word for it, and his word's not worth shit... Just think for a minute what he suggests the NDA covers. Why would you need the NDA to require denying all knowledge of the guy? Bottom line is that he's either a liar or an idiot for buying the company from a well known fraudster.

• SpiritSpirit Member

I am wondering what's really happened with site, solusVM & billing system. Something is telling me that we will hear ddos non-related heartbreaking story soon.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

@Jack said: What like a hardware failure?

That's my guessing. In this case I hope that this time atleast clients won't be affected in company "migration" process.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

why not transfer website to hostgator

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@CVPS_Chris said: There are no untouchables, who are they you speak of?

I'm thinking of the very active ones. But maybe I haven't read enough threads.

• @Spirit said: I am wondering what's really happened with site, solusVM & billing system. Something is telling me that we will hear ddos non-related heartbreaking story soon.

We are waiting to flip the switch on a final network component in Chicago before bringing the Client Area and SolusVM portal online again. This will hopefully be done before the end of today.

@Spirit said: That's my guessing. In this case I hope that this time atleast clients won't be affected in company "migration" process.

There is no "migration" happening. As I've mentioned a few times before, the merger is focused entirely on consolidating paperwork. Client services will continue uninterrupted, and will not be affected in any way whatsoever.

@vps6net said: Since ServerGurus has actually closely checked the development of VPS6.NET thus far, the merger is much less about products and services than it is about internal organization. There will be some new faces on the support team, a good deal of enhanced network infrastructure, and a few new datacenters thrown into the mix, but no major changes to the way we offer or provide our VPS service. VPS6.NET's management actually won't be changing at all, so for the most part we'll be continuing our plans for development that are already in place.

• ^.^ I love how everytime something that remotely involves VPS6, or "dan fry" a giant conversation / discussion / argument sparks.

These lil script kiddies over from HF are starting to feel pretty bad-ass arent they?

• I was only stating an observation, @CVPS_Chris.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Gary said: A confidentiality agreement that may or may not exist. We only have his word for it, and his word's not worth shit... Just think for a minute what he suggests the NDA covers. Why would you need the NDA to require denying all knowledge of the guy? Bottom line is that he's either a liar or an idiot for buying the company from a well known fraudster.

Maybe he agreed to a NDA so that confused individuals like concernedcitizen who seems to barely have a grasp off the english language wouldn't lay awake at night thinking about ways to get "revenge" against VPS6 because he thinks they're run by Don Fry.

And i'd buy hardware from a "fraudster" in a heart beat, as long as it wasn't stolen or anything. That's called smart business.

• laaevlaaev Member

@taipres said: And i'd buy hardware from a "fraudster" in a heart beat, as long as it wasn't stolen or anything. That's called smart business.

How do you know the fraudster might not scam you and run away?

How would you know the hardware isn't stolen?

How would you know the hardware they intend to deliver is what is advertised?

That's what a fraudster is.

• Oh, to be so young and naive again.

• Not this shit again, guys please, don't start -_-

• nabonabo Member
    edited June 2012

To each his own. Some guys hit puberty in their 30ies others when its normal.

• GaryGary Member

@taipres said: Maybe he agreed to a NDA so that confused individuals like concernedcitizen who seems to barely have a grasp off the english language wouldn't lay awake at night thinking about ways to get "revenge" against VPS6 because he thinks they're run by Don Fry.

Agreeing to AN NDA and agreeing to THAT NDA are different things. There's still no proof the NDA ever existed, but you seem to be happy to swallow the tale. Why does your faith in VPS6 carry more weight than concernedcitizen's lack of faith?

And concernedcitizen's English is understandable. I'm willing to bet his English is better than your insert his native language here.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Gary said: Agreeing to AN NDA and agreeing to THAT NDA are different things. There's still no proof the NDA ever existed, but you seem to be happy to swallow the tale. Why does your faith in VPS6 carry more weight than concernedcitizen's lack of faith?

And concernedcitizen's English is understandable. I'm willing to bet his English is better than your insert his native language here.

There doesn't need to be any proof, because it's really not that serious and IMHO that would defeat the purpose of the NDA to begin with.

The fact people are throwing tantrums and making immature demands is not Jeremys fault, maybe these people need to get off their high horse and fix their self entitlement issues? Or boredom, which ever it is... ;) Just a thought. If you ask me Jeremy has gone above and beyond to cater to this community and that's still isn't good enough apparently...sad.

In terms of why I believe Jeremy over concerned? Because the guy has been nothing but professional, and concerned has been nothing but an ambulance chaser even after posting stolen "proof" that he himself posted, he still wouldn't accept it, which in case anyone doesn't know by now Jeremy != Don, so end of story. VPS6 services still rock, as they have since launch.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2012

@taipres said: people need to get off their high horse

Thanked by 2taipres DeletedUser
  • @Jack said: Haha No hotlinking!

Meh i've put a different image :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2012

@Gary His faith does carry more weight now because we have confirmation from the owner of ServerGurus that VPS6 isn't going anywhere anytime soon. All else is entertaining conversation, VPS6 is fine. Opinions of their handling situations are valid in any direction, but they're not going anywhere.

Thanked by 1taipres
  • Looks like they're finally back up, yay!

• @Jack said: yay now the thread can be closed.

Don't be jelly of VPS6, I don't see people whining about BuyVM threads.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Jack said: BuyVM Threads don't usually go on about shit and fraud like VPS6 and aren't 8 pages long.

Yeah the fraud claims is cause people are jelly, and the 8 pages is because VPS6 is awesome. ;D

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Jack said: Just GTFO please.

Ahh now I see your jelly, I knew it was in there. Just accept VPS6 is awesome, stop with the libel and you'll feel so much better.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2012

@taipres said: jelly

What is with you and Jelly, jelly doughnuts? I dont know why it bothers me so much but it does when you say "jelly" meaning jealous. No I am not jealous, they are terrible, and cant even keep a website online, its hilarious. What makes you think they are so good? Please enlighten me, I like our discussions because they always end up in me #WINNING.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: No I am not jealous, they are terrible, and cant even keep a website online, its hilarious. What makes you think they are so good? Please enlighten me, I like our discussions because they always end up in me #WINNING.

Unlike your company their I/O and hardware overall is fantastic, as far as I can tell they don't oversell, I haven't had any bad neighbors, and they actually treat customers right. They also go above and beyond to address any users concerns, are honest about their network in its ups and downs, and don't do slimy things like move users around to weaker nodes and without telling them. I remember reading that thread BTW and how you were trying to justify it, made me cringe.

Also since your clients can't do this

wget cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test -O 100mb.test
    100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 109M/s in 0.9s

who's winning again?

• 100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 209M/s in 0.4s

My notepad is winning.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Jack said: Was that hosted on your VPS yea?

Yup, that's downloading to disk mind you, not /dev/null, also when I CVD Hardware Challenged them was just as fast I believe.

• CoreyCorey Member

@gsrdgrdghd my notepad is winning now.

100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 310M/s in 0.3s

I really could not resist.

Thanked by 1Corey
This discussion has been closed.