Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does any provider offer DMCA ignorant VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does any provider offer DMCA ignorant VPS?

Hello,

I am looking for a DMCA free mid spec VPS.

Is there any provider here which offers that? Will buy asap!

Thanks

Comments

• anyone who resells ecatel servers

@rsk does I think?

do you want them completely ignored, or just forwarded on to be dealt with by yourself (i.e. not immediately suspended)?

• I can deal with DMCA myself.. I am not putting like extremely illegal content.. But its on the fine line of legal and illegal and I am just linking to that content, not hosting it.

• The thing I am hating is, any dmca comes to my DC. I get notification to remove the site. Even there is no issue in that. Not cool

• EDIS will forward infringement/takedown notices to you and ask you to deal with them. For a warez forum I run this just means deleting a couple of threads. This is their Swedish location. Apparently Spain is good for warez too.

But Ecatel is a safe haven for anything most providers won't deal with.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@hostnoob said:
    EDIS will forward infringement/takedown notices to you and ask you to deal with them. For a warez forum I run this just means deleting a couple of threads. This is their Swedish location. Apparently Spain is good for warez too.

EDIS will kick you out if you get tons of DMCA on a $7/month server. Not that I blame them.

Also, not sure how reliable Portlane is this days, since they were forbidden from hosting torrent sites IIRC.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2014

We use ecatel for our Netherlands location. If you are just linking content and not hosting it I do not see an issue (they allow hosting too, but we don't).

EDIT: just saw that it was for adult content .. we do not allow any adult content at all. Sorry.

• bahnhof.net :)

Thanked by 1isara
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Get a server in India, problem solved.

• im afraid ecatel.net is the only provider with a spine.

• @Mark_R said:
    im afraid ecatel.net is the only provider with a spine.

Ignoring all kinds of abuse mails is not having a spine.

Ecatel's network is full of spammers, ddosers, phishers, scammers and any other kind of filth. Lot's of ISPs drop any packet that's coming from Ecatel to reduce the abuse.

Copyright infringement notices != DMCAs.

An European entity should abide by the laws of their country and European Union. And I doubt Netherlands doesn't have any copyright laws.

Having weaker morality about artistic works such as movies and songs whose owners are already billionaires is not being above the law.

Hell, the issue here is not even movies and music. It's about personal entity's private movies/pictures being on an adult website. Ignoring such notices is a good thing you think?

Thanked by 2hosthatch ucxo
  • @serverian said:

Honestly, all I ask from providers is that they only process/accept DMCA's when they are legally valid - if a DMCA is being sent to a server provider in the netherlands then it obviously is invalid and does not have to be processed, the problem is that alot of providers still process it even while it is not legally required - this just pisses off the customer and results in lost revenue.. ontop of that it shows that the provider let his moralities decide instead of staying profesional. Ecatel actually stands up for the customer and does not bother them with this bullshit, only that principle alone will recieve my support because that is how it should be, providers never should try to play judge when it legally is not necessary.

• @serverian said:
    Ignoring such notices is a good thing you think?

Nothing is "bad" when the price is right...

• @Mark_R said:
    Honestly, all I ask from providers is that they only process/accept DMCA's when they are legally valid - if a DMCA is being sent to a server provider in the netherlands then it obviously is invalid and does not have to be processed, the problem is that alot of providers still process it even while it is not legally required - this just pisses off the customer and results in lost revenue.. ontop of that it shows that the provider let his moralities decide instead of staying profesional. Ecatel actually stands up for the customer and does not bother them with this bullshit, only that principle alone will recieve my support because that is how it should be, providers never should try to play judge when it legally is not necessary.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but that's not what Ecatel does. Standing up for their customers that is. They simply ignore any kind of abuse mails. That results in victims such as people getting their videos/pictures leaked on an adult site and Ecatel not doing anything about taking them down.

A DMCA doesn't apply to a provider out of the US. However, it may still be a legit copyright infringement notice.

Also: http://www.zdnet.com/downloading-pirate-material-finally-becomes-illegal-in-the-netherlands-7000028330/

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2014

serverian said: I'm sorry to disappoint you but that's not what Ecatel does. Standing up for their customers that is. They simply ignore any kind of abuse mails. That results in victims such as people getting their videos/pictures leaked on an adult site and Ecatel not doing anything about taking them down.

serverian said: An European entity should abide by the laws of their country and European Union. And I doubt Netherlands doesn't have any copyright laws.

So, go complain to the Netherlands government to increase Internet intermediary liability. DMCA in the United States explicitly requires an online service provider to respond "expeditiously" in response to a DMCA complaint, NL likely doesn't have the same kind of requirement. Just because NL does have copyright laws doesn't mean Ecatel is breaking the law when you send them an abuse email and bypass the proper channels (court or whatever NL law says).

Edit: this is the only thing I can find related -- http://www.ecp.nl/sites/default/files/NTD_Gedragscode_Engels.pdf

• Hey we pass our DMCA Notices directly to our clients.

• @perennate said:
    So, go complain to the Netherlands government to increase Internet intermediary liability. DMCA in the United States explicitly requires an online service provider to respond "expeditiously" in response to a DMCA complaint, NL likely doesn't have the same kind of requirement. Just because NL does have copyright laws doesn't mean Ecatel is breaking the law when you send them an abuse email and bypass the proper channels (court or whatever NL law says).

I didn't talk only about the DMCA's. Ecatel ignores spam abuse mails, or things like hacking activity notices as well.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

serverian said: I didn't talk only about the DMCA's. Ecatel ignores spam abuse mails, or things like hacking activity notices as well.

Sure, I'm not trying to contradict you on that; you implied that they are violating some Dutch/EU law, and I'm saying they're most likely not.

• in the netherlands we have BREIN that protects copyright, but they aren't like the DMCA they are more mild and effective at the same time - they go after the major distributors instead of the indivual peers, DMCA just tries to milk money from all peers connected in torrent swarms instead of taking out the major distributors.

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

In Hungary linking to "illegal" files is legal (without storing illegal files), if you don't do this as a business (eq. don't got money from your visitors directly), and sharing movies and music is also legally for personal usage.