Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr Node Specs.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr Node Specs.

duyan13duyan13 Member
edited September 2014 in General

Hey guys,

I have been curious about some hours now which node/cluster specs Vultr may use to provide the performance even if the nodes are very much "populated" ?
Anyone has an idea ?

Comments

• @DaveA will help you :)

Thanked by 1duyan13
  • As far as I know, E3s, so 32GB RAM. They don't mention using RAID, so I don't think they do.

• @HaroldM We ordered those 14 servers back in February, I don't even remember what they were.

• DaveA said: @HaroldM We ordered those 14 servers back in February, I don't even remember what they were.

>

A server per location?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

chauffer said: A server per location?

That is a good start :-)

• @chauffer said:
    A server per location?

You can never have too many (unless you overstock).

• @chauffer said:
    A server per location?

I don't think that they could actually offer 14 locations if they had less servers.

• However, "not remembering" the specs is funny on the one hand and quite untransparent on the other... ;-)

• No need to know node specs because their service quality speak for itself.Even their smallest ssd package is many times faster compared to cloud companies i used like DO,Solarvps etc.

• instatech said: No need to know node specs because their service quality speak for itself.Even their smallest ssd package is many times faster compared to cloud companies i used like DO,Solarvps etc.

but vultr does not offer "99.99% uptime SLA" like DO does

• udkudk Member
    edited September 2014

namhuy said: but vultr does not offer "99.99% uptime SLA" like DO does

DO has experienced a lot of downtime lately, particularly in NYC2, so I would say that means nothing. I would rather than no downtime than 1 cent back for every hour it's down. Vultr has been very stable for me in comparison.

• DaveADaveA Member
    edited September 2014

@namhuy Reminds me of 1m30s

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • DaveA said: I don't even remember what they were.

Is there a reason why you can't find out? Wouldn't it be as simple as emailing a IT guy?

• do not remember = do not want to tell.
    He's not obliged, so we will have to accept it.

• Amitz said: He's not obliged, so we will have to accept it.

I'm just finding a lot of shifty conduct by Vultr and I don't like it.

Many companies will go to AWS for the transparency, trust, stability, proven standards, certification, and professionalism. Others will go to DO for the customer service, personality, a nice UI/API, and the community. The only thing Vultr may have is the performance of the host's CPU. Although I find that in debate.

• @Silvenga said:
    Is there a reason why you can't find out? Wouldn't it be as simple as emailing a IT guy?

I was being facetious, I thought the part about 14 servers would give it away.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited September 2014

@Silvenga said:

With DO or AWS, you'll either pay more, or pay much more. IMHO vultr is a good start for products.

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited September 2014

msg7086 said: With DO or AWS, you'll either pay more, or pay much more. IMHO vultr is a good start for products.

You don't pay more, but you might pay for stuff you don't need (e.g. true 99.9% uptime guarantee, professional support, government certifications, level 2 REST'ful API, etc.).

• @Silvenga said:
    Many companies will go to AWS for the transparency, trust, stability, proven standards, certification, and professionalism. Others will go to DO for the customer service, personality, a nice UI/API, and the community. The only thing Vultr may have is the performance of the host's CPU. Although I find that in debate.

and custom ISOs, and more options than DO like storage plans.

Thanked by 1DaveA
  • SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited September 2014

hostnoob said: and custom ISOs, and more options than DO like storage plans.

I think you misunderstood. I was stating how Vultr stood out from both AWS and DO (the union of DO and AWS). AWS covered those two things. AWS supports custom images and has a wide array of storage options (and depending on what you need, AWS has cheaper, more secure storage).

• @Silvenga said:
    I think you misunderstood. I was stating how Vultr stood out from both AWS and DO (the union of DO and AWS). AWS covered those two things. AWS supports custom images and has a wide array of storage options (and depending on what you need, AWS has cheaper, more secure storage).

Fair enough, I've never used AWS

• I really liked Vultr's network and performance, and was planning to deploy a large cluster to be used in a production app, but when I tried to create the second instance, it said my account was limited. Asked support what was going on and they sent me a form saying i need to send a picture of my photo id and both sides of my credit card which I was hesitant to do.

I asked why they needed that and they said because I used an unverified paypal. I told them it was verified, I dont even have an unverified paypal account.

• @ksubedi - PM me your account (email) I'll raise you to whatever you need.

• @DaveA said:
    ksubedi - PM me your account (email) I'll raise you to whatever you need.

Hey thanks for that. Yesterday after i read this thread, I decided to contact the support again and the guy said its okay if i just send the front of my credit card with the last few digits blocked off. I did that and got the limit lifted, but if something else comes up, illl PM you.

• So nobody knows the node specs?

• @DennisD said:
    So nobody knows the node specs?

Right.

• @ksubedi said:
    Hey thanks for that. Yesterday after i read this thread, I decided to contact the support again and the guy said its okay if i just send the front of my credit card with the last few digits blocked off. I did that and got the limit lifted, but if something else comes up, illl PM you.

Ok great, glad it worked out. We are doing away with all the CC Auth hoops as of tomorrow, relaxing all of our limits, and making it really easy to just launch and go.

• Does DO offer custom ISO like Vultr does? I ping my server on Vultr every 5 minute and it only downed for 5 minutes(maybe less) for over 6 months.

• @cailucun said:
    Does DO offer custom ISO like Vultr does? I ping my server on Vultr every 5 minute and it only downed for 5 minutes(maybe less) for over 6 months.

Where did you deploy it?

• cailucuncailucun Member
    edited September 2014

Los Angeles

@tr1cky said:
    Where did you deploy it?