Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VersaWeb Review Please
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VersaWeb Review Please

wojonswojons Member
edited September 2014 in General

Hello LET,

I am looking for Versaweb reviews. I been eye balling there e3 offer and it seems great on the 6 months. Thinking about picking up 3 of them. Been running an mtr and there network looks fine from what i can see over a few hours but what i dont know is how is there support and how is there network over long periods of time. Are you able to really get a good amount of your bandwidth speed or are they suspending people that get past 20tb a month. I guess i am looking to see if this deal is to good to be true?

https://www.versaweb.com/order/index.php?plan_id=106

E3-1230 32GB RAM 240GB SSD 50TB BW @ 1Gb 4 Usable IPs 294/6 months

Thanked by 1aglodek

Comments

• They are legit , although im not sure about support part you've got to manage it yourself and network is fine and uptime is good , although @GoodHosting had a bad experience with them I guess

• Snagged one when they offered the $49/month E3. Not had any issues with it to try out support and not come close to using 20TB bandwidth let alone 50TB.

• I am curious as to @GoodHosting's experiences with them.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • In my experience they don't allow for 3rd party IPs. Other than that, stable/reliable network and no real complaints.

• @wych said:
    I am curious as to GoodHosting's experiences with them.

Well, here is a list of previous hosts goodhosting used in 2 years. My assumption is that he had problems with them all and switched.

http://viewdns.info/iphistory/?domain=goodhosting.co

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited September 2014

said: Hello LET,

I am looking for Versaweb reviews. I been eye balling there e3 offer and it seems great on the 6 months. Thinking about picking up 3 of them. Been running an mtr and there network looks fine from what i can see over a few hours but what i dont know is how is there support and how is there network over long periods of time. Are you able to really get a good amount of your bandwidth speed or are they suspending people that get past 20tb a month. I guess i am looking to see if this deal is to good to be true?

https://www.versaweb.com/order/index.php?plan_id=106

E3-1230 32GB RAM 240GB SSD 50TB BW @ 1Gb 4 Usable IPs 294/6 months

My brother signed up with them. He had a presales ticket with them about ip addresses and told them what he would use the dedicated server for. Fast forward and it's time to put ip addresses on, and they only want to allocate a /28. They said 'his justification wasnt good enough and that he needed to start with a smaller allocation' (Although it worked fine with other providers). He was going to move about 40 vps customers onto their services immediately AND take new orders, so a /28 would have never been sufficient. It took them over a week to finally get to the 'your justification isn't good enough' after several replies taking 2-3 days each and this was a time sensitive deployment. He asked for a refund since they couldn't do what they talked about presales and they absolutely refused stating that they do not give refunds, even though the server was never used and it was only 1 week later.

• @Corey said:
    My brother signed up with them. He had a presales ticket with them about ip addresses and told them what he would use the dedicated server for. Fast forward and it's time to put ip addresses on, and they only want to allocate a /28. They said 'his justification wasnt good enough and that he needed to start with a smaller allocation' (Although it worked fine with other providers). He was going to move about 40 vps customers onto their services immediately AND take new orders, so a /28 would have never been sufficient. It took them over a week to finally get to the 'your justification isn't good enough' after several replies taking 2-3 days each and this was a time sensitive deployment. He asked for a refund since they couldn't do what they talked about presales and they absolutely refused stating that they do not give refunds, even though the server was never used and it was only 1 week later.

Thanks for the details, knowing my luck it sounds like it would happen to me too.

• @wych said:
    Thanks for the details, knowing my luck it sounds like it would happen to me too.

No problem, glad to help the community.

• Apart from the IP Subnets I guess they have a good network. On WHT they have a good rep for the servers. I guess that if one wants only a dedi with 4 IPs then its a good deal.

• virtualizor said: Apart from the IP Subnets I guess they have a good network. On WHT they have a good rep for the servers. I guess that if one wants only a dedi with 4 IPs then its a good deal.

Yea that sounds about right. If all you need is the pre laid out packages then you will be good to go.

• Okay this seems pretty intresting. So support can be slow at times and they dont like to hand out ips all the time.

• wojons said: Okay this seems pretty intresting. So support can be slow at times and they dont like to hand out ips all the time.

Not sure if it would be called 'handing out ips' rather than giving someone the allocation they need. 'handing out ips' would be 0 justification provided but want a /24 or something.

• I had a pretty good experience with Versaweb. I had that same server with them earlier this year for a few months.

I don't remember any down time which was nice. The network was also really good.

I didn't have to contact support often, but when I did I found the response time varied a lot. Sometimes I'd get a response within minutes, other times it would take a week or longer to get a response. IP allocations tended to take the longest to happen.

• @Corey said:
    It took them over a week to finally get to the 'your justification isn't good enough' after several replies taking 2-3 days each and this was a time sensitive deployment.

I've had varying results. Received my first /26 in less than 24 hours, but it took nearly 10 days for them to allocate my second request (which wasn't time sensitive, luckily). ~6 days for a /25 the third time around.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@HostNun said:
    I've had varying results. Received my first /26 in less than 24 hours, but it took nearly 10 days for them to allocate my second request (which wasn't time sensitive, luckily). ~6 days for a /25 the third time around.

What's the IP pricing like?