Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Close it] Need to know something.... Datacenter reps invited for this discussion - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Close it] Need to know something.... Datacenter reps invited for this discussion

2»

Comments

• trewq said: Open a ticket I'm guessing? :)

Sure :) and looking glass is http://ca.lg.cloudshards.net

• @concerto49 the $35 is reinstall fee or remote hands for drives upgrade? Charging for reinstallation fee is fine as the customer has been provided a free way (IPMI) to do it by himself. Charging for upgrade set up fee would be fair IMO only if it was communicated before the customer bought the upgrade.

concerto49 said: People know me these days? I mean this in a very sincere and innocent way. I still think we're small and not well known. So thanks!

Well, I had your dedicated for few months, other providers trust you enough to sell services using your servers, people here often tag you on dedicated server request threads. At the very least you have a name in LE community ;)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@concerto49 said:
    Sure :) and looking glass is http://ca.lg.cloudshards.net

Oh, you guys are in coresite now. Still 100% your own bandwidth?

• DalComp said: @concerto49 the $35 is reinstall fee or remote hands for drives upgrade? Charging for reinstallation fee is fine as the customer has been provided a free way (IPMI) to do it by himself. Charging for upgrade set up fee would be fair IMO only if it was communicated before the customer bought the upgrade.

Everything is communicated upfront. There is MORE to what happened in terms of the issues, but we'll keep privacy and won't go into it.

Our process is to state our charges and have customers agree before doing work. No hidden agendas. You won't get charged for asking a question :)

DalComp said: Well, I had your dedicated for few months, other providers trust you enough to sell services using your servers, people here often tag you on dedicated server request threads. At the very least you have a name in LE community ;)

Thanks for being a customer, even if for a short stay! Every bit counts to me. It was a rough journey. There's no magic. We failed like everyone else in many ways. We just don't explode our issues all over the forums. Live and learn!

trewq said: Oh, you guys are in coresite now. Still 100% your own bandwidth?

100% own bandwidth. Have Any2 peering up too. I had so much fine asking people for peering and getting accepted. It's like building friends on Facebook :p -- except that's a social network. More transit carriers to come.

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • @concerto49 said:

No amazing deals in Dallas? :-) If you tell me to open a ticket.... kidding haha.

• catalystium said: No amazing deals in Dallas? :-) If you tell me to open a ticket.... kidding haha.

Yeah go for it! I think we just filled our latest cabinet in Dallas. Will have to turn up another 1.

@concerto49 said:
    100% own bandwidth. Have Any2 peering up too. I had so much fine asking people for peering and getting accepted. It's like building friends on Facebook :p -- except that's a social network. More transit carriers to come.

Nice. Was just looking at your bgp peer list and saw AARNet and was impressed. Any2 has internode, you've done well. I'll contact you over the next week or so.

• We had a few issues with Cloudshards - but maybe it was because we never paid them on time. Nonetheless I don't think they should have treated us differently than any other customer.

• Corey said: We had a few issues with Cloudshards - but maybe it was because we never paid them on time. Nonetheless I don't think they should have treated us differently than any other customer.

We'll leave your privacy intact and don't really want to get into this. You knew very well what it was. Let's leave it at that. It wasn't just not on time. We've gone above and beyond on your situation more than what anyone would already. If that's not something you took as how much we've helped you out, unfortunately not much more I can say on the issue.

trewq said: Nice. Was just looking at your bgp peer list and saw AARNet and was impressed. Any2 has internode, you've done well. I'll contact you over the next week or so.

We peer with HE and due to the big transit relationships TPG, it's literally just a HE away too :). Vocus is a direct peer too, which gets to a lot of the hosting services there.

I just toured Equinix Sydney SY3, Global Switch East / West and NextDC. Hint hint, though pricing here is...

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2014

@Corey said:
    We had a few issues with Cloudshards - but maybe it was because we never paid them on time. Nonetheless I don't think they should have treated us differently than any other customer.

I'm sure your invoice are generated days or week(s) before due date, if you're having issues paying several times then it's more of concern of why your business is unable to pay its vendors on time.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited September 2014

@INIZ said:
    I'm sure your invoice are generates days or week(s) before due date, if you're having issues paying several times then it's more of concern of why your business is unable to pay its vendors on time.

Well that's a whole another issue we had with them actually with overages :). When a customer of ours peaked the gigabit port for long periods of time we were unable to access the IPMI interface on the server to catch the abuser. We opened SEVERAL tickets with them about this issue and it was never fixed.

concerto49 said: We'll leave your privacy intact and don't really want to get into this. You knew very well what it was. Let's leave it at that. It wasn't just not on time. We've gone above and beyond on your situation more than what anyone would already. If that's not something you took as how much we've helped you out, unfortunately not much more I can say on the issue.

No I appreciate how lenient you were on the invoices, but the issue with the IPMI was never resolved, ticket replies did take a long time usually.

We left you with all invoices paid and on a good note I thought.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited September 2014

merged to other post ^^

• Corey said: Well that's a whole another issue we had with them actually with overages :)

I don't want to dig into please. It wasn't that and let's not get started.

Corey said: When a customer of ours peaked the port we were unable to access the IPMI interface on the server to catch the abuser. We opened SEVERAL tickets with them about this issue and it was never fixed.

I assure you we tried. You knew who the data center was and for privacy reasons I won't go on further, but we've done our best in the area. You're free to keep your opinion on it, but the actual story is a little different. Again, for your sake I rather not go into it.

We constantly improve. We're at Coresite now in Los Angeles for a reason. Won't be fault free though. Everyone makes mistakes. It is about how it gets fixed.

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited September 2014

trewq said: Any2 has internode

Not on the route servers, no. We've contacted them for private peering, and got the go ahead though.

Just waiting for it to be set up on their side.

v6_iiNet_peer            4739          0          0     0 Never    Active
    v4_iiNet_peer            4739          0          0     0 Never    Active

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited September 2014

concerto49 said: I assure you we tried. You knew who the data center was and for privacy reasons I won't go on further, but we've done our best in the area. You're free to keep your opinion on it, but the actual story is a little different. Again, for your sake I rather not go into it.

We constantly improve. We're at Coresite now in Los Angeles for a reason. Won't be fault free though. Everyone makes mistakes. It is about how it gets fixed.

It was never made known to me that this particular datacenter wouldn't accommodate you with our IPMI issue. I thought it was your fault.

I do remember them raising the prices on you though mid term and we all had to absorb the extra costs.

• Corey said: It was never made known to me that this particular provider wouldn't accommodate you with our IPMI issue. I thought it was your fault.

Drop me an email or IM. We'll discuss there if you're interested. We'll leave it at that. Unless you want to get banned :p

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

concerto49 said: IPMI is provided free of charge. It's in a working condition. As to whether they want to use it or why they don't. I don't know - or rather shouldn't comment further.

I did not know the server was through you guys, had nothing but great service myself though so this in my mind points to unfair expectations by the OP.

• Drop me an email or IM. We'll discuss there if you're interested. We'll leave it at that. Unless you want to get banned :p

haha i understand that!

@Wintereise said:

>

I did a traceroute from your looking glass to my home ip and it went through Any2. Not the other way though, it goes through Tokyo...

traceroute to 162.248.96.101 (162.248.96.101), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
     1  home.gateway.home.gateway (192.168.0.1)  3.115 ms  3.182 ms  3.262 ms
     2  loop0.lns20.hba1.on.ii.net (203.33.255.118)  27.839 ms  29.336 ms  30.535 ms
     3  xe-0-1-0.cr1.hba1.on.ii.net (150.101.33.128)  32.007 ms  32.815 ms  33.797 ms
     4  ae3.cr1.mel4.on.ii.net (150.101.33.46)  158.673 ms  159.321 ms  160.760 ms
     5  ae2.br1.syd7.on.ii.net (150.101.33.28)  62.398 ms  103.640 ms  103.643 ms 6  po-0-7-2-0.br1.nrt1.on.ii.net (150.101.33.201)  165.770 ms  159.083 ms  159.179 ms
     7  xe-0-0-0-2.r00.tokyjp03.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (61.120.146.177)  160.208 ms  151.128 ms  150.507 ms
     8  ae-14.r24.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.4.232)  188.996 ms ae-12.r25.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.2.4)  183.088 ms ae-14.r24.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.4.232)  189.343 ms
     9  ae-1.r20.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.6.210)  157.190 ms ae-2.r20.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.6.214)  157.924 ms ae-1.r20.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.6.210)  159.073 ms
    10  ae-0.pccw.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.66.14)  190.346 ms  191.179 ms  192.314 ms
    11  Giglinx.TenGigE0-2-0-19.br03.lax05.pccwbtn.net (63.218.212.126)  234.537 ms  235.362 ms  236.315 ms
    12  * * *
    13  75-97-248-162-static.reverse.queryfoundry.net (162.248.97.75)  224.931 ms  223.559 ms  224.237 ms
    14  ca.lg.cloudshards.net (162.248.96.101)  253.936 ms  258.273 ms  252.537 ms

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited September 2014

trewq said: I did a traceroute from your looking glass to my home ip and it went through Any2. Not the other way though, it goes through Tokyo...

Appears the Any2Easy table is outdated, then.

The inbound should shortly be fixed, once the sessions are up.

Thanks!

Edit,

Actually, no. It goes us -> pccw -> any2 internode.

It'll be us -> any2 internode once this is done.

My bad.

• Wintereise said: My bad.

Do people know this person too? :p

• concerto49 said: Do people know this person too? :p

Wintereise is Ron Paul

• I rather didnt want to mention the name because

1. I do not have any problems with their uptime
    2. Their network is AWESOME!! ( no complaints really )
    3. It was only about the delays that took place for the upgrade.

Other than that I'm quite happy customer ( although was asked to leave ) , I did spam their support tickets too much so that was the reason

• @GIANT_CRAB said:
    Wintereise is Ron Paul

Is that his name? Will call him that from now.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited September 2014

@alexh said:
    'll assume the box has IPMI/iKVM, and that you are able to re-install the OS yourself. If this is the case, you should kindly tell this individual that you're able to do this, and don't require that particular service. Aside from that, 3 hours isn't a very long time, even with him stating shortly. The services you requested do require physical labor, and sometimes these things can take some time. I do agree, though, that the initial setup time of 13 days, or 9 business days, is pretty significant for a drive upgrade. Did you agree on a setup time when you ordered the upgrade?

Also, 260MB/s write speeds aren't bad for SATA hard disks. The solid state drives would give much better results, though.

^ This. @VPSRAIDSolutions, That's why it is critical IMHO to have some form of IPMI/IPKVM (hopefully not on the public internet though) and Rescue Mode (so, for example, you can run debootstrap if using Debian or Proxmox).

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @geekalot said:
    ^ This. VPSRAIDSolutions, That's why it is critical IMHO to have some form of IPMI/IPKVM (hopefully not on the public internet though) and Rescue Mode (so, for

example, you can run debootstrap if using Debian or Proxmox).

They provided me IPMI . It was just that i turned off vps saying it was maintainence about 24h ++ so you can understand how customers feel , because i gave a word it would be up in 24h but he rescheduled from 12 pm cdt to again 9 am cdt then again delay total 48h of downtime and still i didnt get the ssd upgrade ( although they refunded )

This discussion has been closed.