Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quickpacket moving to new data center in Atlanta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quickpacket moving to new data center in Atlanta

neopipilneopipil Member
edited September 2014 in Providers

Starting tomorrow, September 16, Quickpacket is moving to a new data center in Atlanta.

I would love to hear your experience with the move.

My experience started on the wrong foot but hopefully it will get better from now on. I received the initial email informing me of the move. But the follow up emails with exact dates and times never arrived.

I am looking forward to a smooth move though.

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Does it say where they are moving?

• They are moving to 470 E Paces Ferry Rd data center facility.

• isalemisalem Member
    edited September 2014

I got that email about a week ago! Stating Sept 17th for the move, don't know if its on a server per server case, or everyone is moving on that date.

I suggest you leave them a message. Cc: @qps

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Everyone has a different move date, as they can't move everyone ok the same night, the less they move per night, the less time your server is offline.

Thanked by 1isalem
  • It sucks when companies have to do this. I wonder what went wrong with their old data center to warrant the move.

• latest news about moving
    https://twitter.com/quickpacket

btw, they post on FB (that suck, since I don't use FB anymore) can't view what's on their FB page.

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited September 2014

What was posted on their FB:

We are growing! We are moving to a new data center in Atlanta this month to better service existing customers and accommodate additional growth. 
    Details have been e-mailed to impacted customers and additional details will be coming soon.
    Thanked by 1tommy
  • Does anyone know if the moves are at night or during the day? I was told a time that does not specify whether it is during the day or night.

• neopipilneopipil Member
    edited September 2014

Just got my response. It is in the AM. During the dawn hours.

@neopipil said:
    Does anyone know if the moves are at night or during the day? I was told a time that does not specify whether it is during the day or night.

• How does this affect QPS's resellers who rent rackspace from them? Are they moving too or becoming customers of Cyberwurx?

• @MarkTurner said:
    How does this affect QPS's resellers who rent rackspace from them? Are they moving too or becoming customers of Cyberwurx?

I believe moving, Cyberwurx is doing major deals on WHT at the moment so seems like QPS was a big client to them and now they've gone have a lot of space left.

• @Iniz - Cyberwurx have a two or maybe three suites in 55 Marietta Street. Cyberwurx is always doing crazy colo deals, most of their customers are from their old 56 Marietta Street facility, I don't think QPS come on their revenue radar.

@MarkTurner said:
    Iniz - Cyberwurx have a two or maybe three suites in 55 Marietta Street. Cyberwurx is always doing crazy colo deals, most of their customers are from their old 56 Marietta Street facility, I don't think QPS come on their revenue radar.

Funny that, when QP announced they were leaving CyberWurx was running some crazy deals....

edited September 2014

Dublicate post /

• @AlexanderM - are you moving with QPS or staying with Cyberwux?

• @MarkTurner said:
    Iniz - Cyberwurx have a two or maybe three suites in 55 Marietta Street. Cyberwurx is always doing crazy colo deals, most of their customers are from their old 56 Marietta Street facility, I don't think QPS come on their revenue radar.

Odd.

They're willing to match some crazy deals that are not profitable (10g port, full rack, A+B) for really cheap, that sounds desperate to me.

They've posted full rack deals on WHT for years however only recently in the last month have they bumped their bandwidth to 1gig unmetered from 100mbps.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1412136

• @Iniz - they have also dropped pricing on most of their dedicated servers, I think most of this has come about through increased number of colo options in that area. There are some crazily cheap deals being done even with Telx at 56 Marietta.

At the end of the day Cyberwurx is an extremely well funded private company, run by a great team of people. From the clients I have sent to them, they have all come back with glowing reports of good service.

55 and 56 Marietta are by far the best connected buildings in Atlanta. Everything else is just long-lined off one of those buildings. I can pickup almost every major carrier at Telx/56 Marietta and can pick up the stragglers at 55.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they consolidated to just their 16th floor suite. That was well before QPS left, though. They may still own another suite and are reselling it? I don't remember what I heard in passing way back.

But yeah, CW has been around for over a decade and provide solid service.

• "Cyberwurx" always sounds like "Megakewl" to me...

@MarkTurner said:
    Iniz - they have also dropped pricing on most of their dedicated servers, I think most of this has come about through increased number of colo options in that area. There are some crazily cheap deals being done even with Telx at 56 Marietta.

At the end of the day Cyberwurx is an extremely well funded private company, run by a great team of people. From the clients I have sent to them, they have all come back with glowing reports of good service.

55 and 56 Marietta are by far the best connected buildings in Atlanta. Everything else is just long-lined off one of those buildings. I can pickup almost every major carrier at Telx/56 Marietta and can pick up the stragglers at 55.

@MarkTurner By looking at CyberWurx latests offers, it looks like they may be going through a hard time.

Alex

• @AlexanderM - I don't believe it. I saw the last financials and their D&B credit report. Both are exceptionally strong.

• neopipilneopipil Member
    edited September 2014

Smooth transition. Did not even notice that the server was moved. Well sone QuickPacket. @QPS

• I would like to clarify a few things here as CyberWurx. Is Quickpacket leaving, yes. Does it suck that we lost a good customer, yes. Is it going to financially ruin us, no. Are we financially struggling, no. We are running specials to compete with others in the area, and we are expanding our datacenter space. So we are quickly trying to fill up the current space.

I have no problem with @QPS and their decision to move on. They needed a better environment to grow and we just could not provide that for them. I wish them all the best with their new home, and just happy to have been a part of their 9+ years of growth.

Thanks,

Chris Schwarz

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

MarkTurner said: How does this affect QPS's resellers who rent rackspace from them? Are they moving too or becoming customers of Cyberwurx?

Everyone who is a QuickPacket customer is moving (or has already been moved) to the new facility before the end of the month.

The migration has been going fairly smoothly so far. Thanks for everyone's patience as we complete the migration.

• @cyberwurx, bang up job on that post. If I were looking for colo right now such a well mannered post would move you guys to the top of my list. FWIW, thanks for the professionalism and honesty.