Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you remember all username and password - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you remember all username and password

2»

Comments

• Lastpass. got 18 months free. :)

• I use passwordgenerator then store it on a .txt file, wrote important passwords on paper, remember common passwords, use a single password on temporary accounts.

• save password when it asks :)

• KeePass, backed up to owncloud.

Shivam said: save password when it asks :)

Then you end up reinstalling and losing all your passwords :)

• Shivam said: save password when it asks :)

I know too many people who do that. Most browsers won't encrypt the passwords - allowing me to "hack" into my roommate's Facebook account. :P

• Write it on a piece of paper. Then burn the paper

• I have a password schema that allows me to create a unique password for any site that is easy to remember and safe enough that cracking one or two passwords won't definitely reveal any other passwords.

• I use 1Password. It is similar to LastPass, but I did not like LastPass' security model at the time (a few years ago).

I rely on local password storage only. No cloud password storage for me, even if the feature is available in a password manager. Synchronization between devices is a nice convenience, but does not outweigh the impact of losing all of your passwords in one attack. May I add that if your passwords are ever compromised from the cloud, you may not figure it out for a long time, either.

Before the advent of quality password managers, I kept passwords in a spreadsheet. That spreadsheet was stored in an encrypted partition that had to be mounted first.

I keep appropriate backups - local and offsite.

• @Steven_F said:
    I have a password schema that allows me to create a unique password for any site that is easy to remember and safe enough that cracking one or two passwords won't definitely reveal any other passwords.

Cool, I will try do the same.

• KeePass synced with Dropbox or Owncloud. Works great!

• Steven_F said: I have a password schema that allows me to create a unique password for any site that is easy to remember and safe enough that cracking one or two passwords won't definitely reveal any other passwords.

Care to share?

• @Chronic said:
    Care to share?

Yeah, definitely.

• Steven_F said: Yeah, definitely.

At your earliest convenience.

• @sc754 said:
    Write it on a piece of paper. Then burn the paper

then what is the purpose writing it when you ended up by burn it lol

• JohnRoeJohnRoe Member
    edited September 2014

@joshin said:
    KeePass synced with Dropbox or Owncloud. Works great!

owncloud too??? nice... I thought only dropbox..
    but how? i didnt found any plugin for owncloud

• @psycholyzern said:

Plugin? I just keep my Dropbox folder inside my Owncloud folder and let them handle file synchronization. It works well and is damn simple.

• Just sync the db?

@psycholyzern said:

• I have KeePass

• Keepass stores your data locally, Lastpass is good also :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@psycholyzern said:
    How do you guys remember it all? you write it somewhere? or is there any efficient ways to do it?

Do you have a dog? Leave a key under the mat? What times do you work?