Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Services other than VPS ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Services other than VPS ?

Hi,
I was wondering what would people want other than VPS in the hosting industry , and how important that service is for them.

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Dedicated p0rn hosting would be unique

Thanked by 1TriDoxiuM
  • You have to do your research yourself. Asking this on a budget oriented VPS forum won't give you ideas that will make you millions.

Thanked by 1kontam
  • Here on LowEndTalk you're allowed to post offers of:

• Virtual Private Servers,

• Cheap Dedicated Servers,

• Sometimes domain auctions

• Sometimes other things (on a case by case basis)

Or, if you're the newcomers: Anything you want, (apparently).

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited September 2014

@VPSRAIDSolutions said: Hi, I was wondering what would people want other than VPS in the hosting industry , and how important that service is for them.

From what I gather lurking here:

• cheap domain registration/renewal/transfer (preferably under $2 a pop)
    • outsourced DNS (preferably free)
    • low cost DDOS protection/mitigation
    • free SMTP service
    • free or low cost server monitoring...

This said, I don't think this sum up will be of much help to you as most of the above, with the possible exception of the domain thing, is in good supply hereabouts.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@aglodek said:
    cheap domain registration/renewal/transfer (preferably under $2 a pop)

Not going to question the other ideas too, but how can someone make a profit on this?

@op do your own research. We aren't going to design your business plan.

• GoodHosting said: Or, if you're the newcomers: Anything you want, (apparently).

Wat?

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • bookstackbookstack Member
    edited September 2014

Private network

VIP

affinity

Cloud computing features in VPS as most infrastructure does not require hourly billing.

• @Nekki said:
    Wat?

lol

• @Nyr

Just wanted to know what people are intrested in thats it , its not like i'll be springing up on the opportunity right

• I'm more interested in colocation than in VPS. The rules here don't clearly state that colo can't be offered - would $49 a month 1U colo be OK to offer, considering it technically is a form of dedicated hosting with (obviously) root access, as the rules require?

Personally, I colo machines because I don't trust anyone but myself with security.

• @bookstack said:
    Private network

VIP

affinity

Cloud computing features in VPS as most infrastructure does not require hourly billing.

We offer Cloud Computing features, and Private Networking already.

• Cheap wildcard SSL would be great :P

• SSL, CDN

• LED (LE Dates) would likely also have a high demand... :P