Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server

Comments

• @jnguyen said:
    which I am refraining from doing

lol.

• edited September 2014

jnguyen said: Again, the situation was completely out of our control. Obviously we're trying to do all we can to help you but we're not NOC technicians so all we can do is try to rush this to completion for you.

@jnguyen Let's say you purchased a Lenovo Laptop from BestBuy, it gets delivered weeks late, and it doesn't work. Who do you go yell at to fix the problem? Do you go yell at Western Digital because it could be a hard drive issue? No. Do you go yell at Lenovo? No. You go harass the person who sold you the item, which is BestBuy. BestBuy doesn't build the components, or assemble into the laptop, but they're still responsible for correcting the issue ... and FAST.

Catch my drift?

Thanked by 20xdragon zed
  • HostNunHostNun Member
    edited September 2014

I appreciate how surreal this is becoming, but yeah, what @black said. Don't really care to have excruciating conversations about 'IPMI' interspersed by multi-week long waits for HVH to click the long lost button whilst the GVH-enabler creepers from WHT lurk this thread and dream of another opportunity to post The Picard Meme. Kinda just want a refund. :)

• @jnguyen said:
    (without picking up the phone, which I am refraining from doing)

Customer service level -10 .. for God sake just give OP a refund and stop being a complete knob.

• HostNun said: GVH didn't work out (no LET melodrama forthcoming, sorry) so I'm tentatively in the market for this again.

I commend your effort, However when dealing with some subjects or entities certain outcomes my be unavoidable.

• @HostNun I recommend talking to @concerto49 or Alex from Query Foundry. I've recommended them to a friend before and he's been pretty happy.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited September 2014

maybe you could make a deal with www.datashack.net regarding the IP adresses, I think that they fit all your other requirements? @hostnun

• Another day has passed without the refund. It's far beyond insulting at this point. I'm not sure why I should be made to wait for my money on top of waiting more than two weeks for nothing (adding insult to injury). Should I open a PayPal dispute?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Let "Jon" or someone using his account to answer you on here (give it one more day).

Then yes dispute away and no matter what he says don't close it until he refunds you.

There was one post here about a GVH product where the OP wanted a refund and opened a dispute. After several bitchy posts from Jon saying something on the lines of "close the dispute and we'll refund you" (blackmail IMO) OP did so, I'm pretty sure he got his account credited instead of an actual refund. don't quote me on the last part I'll try find the post.

• Found it - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/708283/#Comment_708079

I've replied to your ticket and addressed the issue to staff. Please close your PayPal dispute so that I may continue to work with you to resolve this issue.

Don't, do this :), You're probably smart enough to know already..

If you choose not to close the PayPal dispute it will result in all of your virtual servers being terminated, and we'd end up calling paypal, having the dispute closed in our favor and not issuing a refund.

^ Blackmail.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited September 2014

@ATHK said:
    Let "Jon" or someone using his account to answer you on here (give it one more day).

I have nothing left to say to them, there is no conversation to be had. They are simply going to return my money for the service that was never provided. I should probably be receiving double what I paid at this point (at least) for the wasted time.

Isn't GVH one of the most popular hosts on LET with 5000 clients or whatever? What's a measly refund like this to them, then?

Blackmail.

Thankfully they can't use that tactic against me as their provisioning failures never made it that far.

• HostNun said: Isn't GVH one of the most popular hosts on LET with 5000 clients or whatever? What's a measly refund like this to them, then?

Allegedly, I don't believe it one bit... He's a schmuck that lies, cheats and blackmails..

• Just popping in to say, whatever you do, do not close the dispute before you get a refund. If you keep it open and he throws a fit and ignores you, Paypal will have no qualms about giving your money back. You win either way, but if you close it, he can just give you credit as a "refund" and you won't be able to do anything about it.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited September 2014

Looks bad how it's always colocrossings or the customers fault? And never GVH's fault.. Grow a set and take the blame.

'We have no control over our servers'

Then why the 'duck' are you reselling them?

Thanked by 1black
  • @AlexanderM haha, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Is that their new advertising slogan or something?

"GreenValueHost - We have absolutely no control over our servers, try us today!"

Thanked by 2AlexanderM netomx
  • HostNunHostNun Member
    edited September 2014

I feel kinda bad making fun here, though. The 'no control' thing seems more sad than amusing at this point.

Again, I resent this space—which I wanted to use as an ongoing means of reaching out to different providers—being transformed into another negative publicity stunt for the GVHsploitation subgenre. I agree that I'm partially at fault for it, but I wanted to give them a second chance and was hoping for a drama-free transaction. It seemed possible for something as simple and hands-off as reselling a dedicated server.

I'd been abstaining from GVH drama threads for a while, but I did a search for "GreenValueHost" on WHT yesterday, didn't realize it had gotten that bad. To each their own, but not my cup of tea. @mods once I've received my money, please close this thread.

• @HostNun said:
    I'd been abstaining from GVH drama threads for a while, but I did a search for "GreenValueHost" on WHT yesterday, didn't realize it had gotten that bad. To each their own, but not my cup of tea. mods once I've received my money, please close this thread.

Thread closing in......................... Never!

:(

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Hopefully the thread won't have to be eternized.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited September 2014

I think you just had too much faith in them @HostNun :D

• @chrisp said:
    I think you just had too much faith in them HostNun :D

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited September 2014

@0xdragon said:

Augh, your picture didn't load for me. Nevermind, it loaded now. That's good.

• I need to confirm the cancelation with the upstream before being able to cancel your server. Again, I told you that I'd have to wait until the end of the week when management is available.

• @jnguyen said:
    I need to confirm the cancelation with the upstream before being able to cancel your server. Again, I told you that I'd have to wait until the end of the week when management is available.

Like that matters when he does a dispute...

You may be the man in the middle but you still have to take responsibility for your services..

Just man up.

• And that is Jon's lesson for today on why reselling crap sucks.

It also ends LETs lesson on what happens when you buy from from two blame passers.

• @ATHK said:
    Just man up.

• @wych said:

Referral Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTUzODY3NTgzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE5Mjc2Nw@@._V1_SY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg" on this server.
    Reference #24.f08ffe3c.1410432960.6077fc7

• @LeoK said:
    I commend your effort, However when dealing with some subjects or entities certain outcomes my be unavoidable.

I disagree that their tiresome 'thread hijacking as viral advertising' tactics are immutable/inexorable.

"But can it be done without a negative effect on popcorn sales?"

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • wychwych Member
    edited September 2014

@ATHK said:
    Reference #24.f08ffe3c.1410432960.6077fc7

Let flood the site and got blocked?

Copy paste the url.

• [spends past week or so handing out bushels of $50 free credit]

[refuses a single $59 refund]

Thanked by 2netomx ATHK
  • MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited September 2014

@HostNun said:
    [spends past week or so handing out bushels of $50 free credit]

[refuses a single $59 refund]

Sorry for ignorance. but how long have you been waiting till date for a refund?

GreenValueHost offers refunds up to 14 days after the provisioning of an applicable service. Refunds may take 5-6 business days. All services are applicable to our refund policy with the exception of the following: Managed VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Domain Registration, Software Licenses (including, but not limited to: WHMCS Licenses, ClientExec Licenses, R1Soft CDP Licenses, CloudLinux Licenses, WHMXtra Licenses, and cPanel Licenses), Server Management, and SSL Certificates.

Might be your problem...