Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Dedibox with DDoS protection !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Dedibox with DDoS protection !

shyaminayeshshyaminayesh Member
edited September 2014 in Requests

I need dedi box with DDOS protection. here is my requirement:

CPU : something with 8 cores

HDD : 250 GB

Ram : 8 GB

Bandwidth : 10 TB monthly with 100Mbps

looking for cheap as possible. OVH have some offers but they take long time to deliver & online.net basic DDOS protection is not suitable :/

Comments

• OVH takes too long to deliver?!

• Brad said: OVH takes too long to deliver?!

i heard OVH take months to deliver the servers some times. o.O please correct me if I'm wrong :/

• shyaminayesh said: i heard OVH take months to deliver the servers some times. o.O please correct me if I'm wrong :/

You are wrong. They show the setup time on their order form and they always deliver on time AFAIK.

• @shyaminayesh said:
    i heard OVH take months to deliver the servers some times. o.O please correct me if I'm wrong :/

I think that's Kimsufi...not completely sure either.

• KS-5B is match my requirement in this page http://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/ but not sure about deliver time. around 2 day's is ok with me. :/

• @shyaminayesh said:
    KS-5B is match my requirement in this page http://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/ but not sure about deliver time. around 2 day's is ok with me. :/

120 seconds or 24 hours, iirc.

• Brad said: 120 seconds or 24 hours, iirc.

if they can do within 24 hours it's great. do you know any email address to contact them ?

• @shyaminayesh said:
    if they can do within 24 hours it's great. do you know any email address to contact them ?

Unfortunately not. You can try their forum, though.

• Brad said: Unfortunately not. You can try their forum, though.

ok, I'll try in forum, any other providers with DDOS protection ?

• Downside to Kimsufi: no support except via forum. But it has never taken more than a few minutes to have a box delivered. I think the month long waits are when they ran out of stock on the cheap boxes - stock comes and goes quickly on the KS1 and KS2.

• mikeyur said: Downside to Kimsufi: no support except via forum. But it has never taken more than a few minutes to have a box delivered. I think the month long waits are when they ran out of stock on the cheap boxes - stock comes and goes quickly on the KS1 and KS2.

is there anyway to ask for stock ? email or something ?

• @shyaminayesh said:
    is there anyway to ask for stock ? email or something ?

Not that I'm aware of, but something like http://kimi.nwwebsites.co.uk/ might help you out.

• wychwych Member
    edited September 2014

Before you go and rush to order just have a look around the forums a little to see what support is like if you do ever need to get hold of them for something.

If not then I would suggest SEFlow's special offers or if the budget stretches a SoYouStart server.

• You could get the OVH server well under 5-10 minutes just depends if your account is verified. You may call them after payment, usually helps.

• micronetvps said: You could get the OVH server well under 5-10 minutes just depends if your account is verified. You may call them after payment, usually helps.

i think my OVH account is verified, i had VPS with them and i verify my account with driver licence as i remember.

wych said: Before you go and rush to order just have a look around the forums a little to see what support is like if you do ever need to get hold of them for something.

mmmm ... gonna take a look at forum posts :)

• nickyzainickyzai Member, Host Rep

Quick question here guys.. Do kimsufi gives one IPv4 without any further addon? Been bothering me quite long as there is no info on ipv4...

• @shyaminayesh said:
    i think my OVH account is verified, i had VPS with them and i verify my account with driver licence as i remember.

If you're considering kimsufi, remember that OVH account != kimsufi account.

It's pretty stupid, but if you're a new kimsufi customer, they require you to supply them with verification documents even if you're verified on your OVH account.

• Detruire said: If you're considering kimsufi, remember that OVH account != kimsufi account.

It's pretty stupid, but if you're a new kimsufi customer, they require you to supply them with verification documents even if you're verified on your OVH account.

oopz ... :/

• @Detruire said:

Unless your payment / contact details dont ring any bells

• @xDutchy said:
    Unless your payment / contact details dont ring any bells

I was thinking about VAT exemption. I didn't even know that they asked for verification of billing details.

• xDutchyxDutchy Member
    edited September 2014

@Detruire said:
    I was thinking about VAT exemption. I didn't even know that they asked for verification of billing details.

Ah right, don't have any experience with that, since I have to pay VAT..

• @nickyzai said:
    Quick question here guys.. Do kimsufi gives one IPv4 without any further addon? Been bothering me quite long as there is no info on ipv4...

You only get onbe IP, although I think failover IP's are in the works. Something like 8 free IP's with setup fee would be great!