Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iPhone 6* & Apple Watch Discussion! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iPhone 6* & Apple Watch Discussion!

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Can't discuss iPhone here. Android fanboys troll too much. They apparently don't have jobs. Looking forward to the announcements though!

Thanked by 3netomx Xenos Nickk
  • Jar said: They apparently don't have jobs.

Well yeah, that's why they get cheaper phones.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I love Apple products, let all the hate from you Android users flow.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @srvrpro said:
    I love Apple products, let all the hate from you Android users flow.

Well said.. Let it flow after all apple is apple !!!

• jbarrjbarr Member
    edited September 2014

Apple has fine products--I mean very fine. but my biggest Issue with Apple was their lack of customization compared with the then available Android products. I owned 3 generations of iPod Touches (pretty much the same as the corresponding iPhones without the phone and mobile data) and on all three the simple action of being able to quickly toggle WiFi was nowhere to be found without jailbreaking. It's the little things like that that pushed me to the Android world, and I haven't looked back.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I feel like the iPhone series is a game in that there's a new release every year and you just feel like you have to keep up with it.

• Anything about the price?

• Jar said: Can't discuss iPhone here. Android fanboys troll too much. They apparently don't have jobs. Looking forward to the announcements though!

This.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Jar said: Can't discuss iPhone here. Android fanboys troll too much. They apparently don't have jobs. Looking forward to the announcements though!

They do, wait, hating isn't a job anymore?

Thanked by 2netomx jar
  • Jack said: Probably €£600

It might be an excellent and exceptional phone, i don't know. But if it doesn't do blowjobs it's not worth $1000, sorry. It's just a phone after all.

• I'm just interested to know what the opinion of iPhone users who used to complain that the screens on Android phones were too big, or buy iPhones because of the smaller screen.

You can't really find a decent smartphone with a small screen these days, the ones that do have small screens (apart from the last iPhone) are all made for the budget market.

• @rds100 said:
    It might be an excellent and exceptional phone, i don't know. But if it doesn't do blowjobs it's not worth $1000, sorry. It's just a phone after all.

It's not a lot for something one would use everyday or most days :)

• Nexus 5 for the win!

Thanked by 2iKeyZ Infinity
  • @rds100 said:

Dammit, beaten to the blowjobs joke.

Glad I decided to scan the threat now.

• Dude, I'm an Android fan. But I have to admit that iPhone has something special that no Android phone has. However, due to the lack of customization, I think if we had an iPhone running Android, it would be the best :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Oh well, iPhone 5S going to be cheaper now... Still going for a Sony Xperia Z3 though.

• Silvenga said: Nexus 5 for the win!

I own a Nexus 5. I wouldn't recommend a Nexus 5.

The screen is far too fragile; putting it my jeans caused the LCD to fail, and after getting it repaired for £160, It failed again a couple months later.

I'll likely switch to an iPhone next time I renew my contract.

• @ElliotJ said:

You realized the Nexus 5 was $350, Corners had to be cut somewhere to get that price point, If you don't like it buy a HTC One M8, it's like solid metal and has stronger glass

• @ElliotJ said:

Stop wearing such tight jeans lol

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @hostnoob said:
    Stop wearing such tight jeans lol

• The sapphire coating on the screen seems to be an interesting feature, the previous generation iphone fingerprint scanner uses a sapphire coating and it has pretty great scratch resistance.

• Well you can tell their stream is bogged down...

The video freezes and this appears:

Sigh....

• Still image of Tim Cook now lol :(

• Don't forget to laugh when they announce iCloud's new 'security' measures.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ugh stream keeps freezing

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

My only hope is that Apple's crack engineers will finally be able to bring forward a feature that's been missing since the iPod classic: video playlists. This must be the hardest engineering challenge known to man, because in multiple releases of iOS, they still haven't figured out how to do it.

Which makes iOS pretty useless to me as a media player.

I dread the day the iPod classic is discontinued. In rainy weather, having to look at your phone (or talk to it in non-cell areas) to skip to the next track is a nonstarter.

• So... official iphone 6.* specs?

• @black said:
    So... official iphone 6.* specs?

http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/

scroll down to 6pm

• @raindog308 said:
    My only hope is that Apple's crack engineers will finally be able to bring forward a feature that's been missing since the iPod classic: video playlists. This must be the hardest engineering challenge known to man, because in multiple releases of iOS, they still haven't figured out how to do it.

Which makes iOS pretty useless to me as a media player.

I dread the day the iPod classic is discontinued. In rainy weather, having to look at your phone (or talk to it in non-cell areas) to skip to the next track is a nonstarter.

The old iPods are the only thing I genuinely like by Apple although I preferred my 30GB Video to my classic because it looked better.

Isn't there some 3rd party iPhone music players that allow you to change tracks by holding the volume rocker?