Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any provider that can beat or have a package similar to RN's 80Gb for $15 a year? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any provider that can beat or have a package similar to RN's 80Gb for $15 a year?

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We should make a "RamNode Backups" brand in other locations ha...

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed
  • @Nick_A said:

Nah, the reason I asked for another provider is because I don't want to put all my eggs in 1 basket. You never know what can happen. ;)

• @taronyu said:
    Nah, the reason I asked for another provider is because I don't want to put all my eggs in 1 basket. You never know what can happen. ;)

I think putting them in one basket can be okay if you can make good dleas use many locations and in constant contact with them but yes i use 2 to 3 providers at any given time.

• +1

@Nick_A said:

• @wojons said:
    I think putting them in one basket can be okay if you can make good dleas use many locations and in constant contact with them but yes i use 2 to 3 providers at any given time.

I'm pretty much using RamNode for all my sites and projects, however a backup somewhere outside RamNode is always a good option.

• @drserver said:
    Sold out

what a pity, just missed this :(

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

hotsnow said: what a pity, just missed this :(

I am sorry but we are out of stock of this node.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @taronyu said:

I am using @drserver for most of my stuff a little online net and ovh for some over seas stuff and then a few small vms around with random providers.

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited September 2014

Sorry missed that. We could however up it to 80GB but it seems your with drserver now. Goodluck. :)

• Superb support and response times from @drserver

Thanked by 1drserver
  • Damn, hate I missed that deal. :-)

Thanked by 1drserver
  • Pretty much all my VPS are idling, but I'm still sad I missed the offer from @drserver. I would totally have signed up (and would if another reliable provider does something like this and I'm around when it's still live). goes off to make a new thread "Any provider that can beat or..."

Thanked by 1drserver

@catalystium and @user123 we have simmilar special running at the moment.
    Check my signature.

• @drserver said:
    catalystium and user123 we have simmilar special running at the moment.
    Check my signature.

Nicely done, thank you sir.

Thanked by 2drserver bookstack
  • @drserver single btsync process allowed?

@vimalware said: drserver single btsync process allowed?

Thank you for shown interest however we don't allow torrents at all. I have to thank you for asking this before buying to avoid problems to boot of us.

Best regards

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @drserver Back to good old rsync. :)

Thanked by 1drserver
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

drserver said: we don't allow torrents at all

BTSync does use the BitTorrent P2P tecnology, not torrents.

Do you understand what BTSync is? It is just a Dropbox alternative using P2P, not a massive file sharing tool: http://getsync.com/

It doesn't trash the I/O nor gets you DMCA. Sorry if you did already know all this, but I find this policy very strange since BTSync is increasly common for remote storage purposes and I don't understand how this could cause problems/abuse.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@drserver said:
    catalystium and user123 we have simmilar special running at the moment.
    Check my signature.

Not $15/Year though. It's $7/Mon. Is there any other offerings within $15/Year Range??

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Not $15/Year though. It's $7/Mon. Is there any other offerings within $15/Year Range??

Did you click on the link in his signature like he said?

Thanked by 2drserver vimalware

@Nyr Thank you for pointing this out. I will reconsider this.

Thanked by 1Nyr

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Not $15/Year though. It's $7/Mon. Is there any other offerings within $15/Year Range??

it is 15 usd / year please be so kind and check pricing options

• albertdbalbertdb Member
    edited September 2014

@drserver said:
    Nyr Thank you for pointing this out. I will reconsider this.

I ordered the server assuming that BTSync was allowed. As @Nyr has said, it has nothing to do with "illegal" torrenting. It doesn't thrash I/O and it saves bandwidth because it is distributed and all the peers (in my case a home NAS and a server at work) help during the file sync process. If I were a host, I would prefer 100 customers using BTSync than 100 customers running stock Apache+MySQL+WordPress.

Thanked by 2drserver vimalware

albertdb said: If I were a host, I would prefer 100 customers using BTSync than 100 customers running stock Apache+MySQL+WordPress.

Hi, thank you for pointing this out. It is not because of load really. I am more concerned about legal thing. As you all already know torrents are mostly used to distribute movies/tvshows/software. To filter out potential issues right from the beginning we do not allow torrents. If cause is really personal backup i would gladly accept you as a client.

Thank you @Nyr and @albertdb for clearing this out.

• Was wondering about that as well cause we use BTsync at work for certain things, some of which this was probably going to be used.

• What can I use the BTSync for? I know it "Sync files" just like dropbox. What else?

Well you can upload tvshows/movies/proprietary software and then share it with other users. You just need to share key on forums and so on...

• albertdbalbertdb Member
    edited September 2014

@drserver said:
    Well you can upload tvshows/movies/proprietary software and then share it with other users. You just need to share key on forums and so on...

You can also use rsync for that and noone would do it, so don't be afraid.

Thanked by 1drserver

@albertdb true