Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for VPN / SMALL WEBSITE 10-20$ ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for VPN / SMALL WEBSITE 10-20$ ?

edited September 2014 in Requests

Hope this is the right place to ask? :s

Looking for a good vps provider for running a webserver for my dev enviorment as well as a openvpn server.

This is what I'm looking for:
The vps needs to be able to handle around 30 or more users on the vps, so bandwidth will need to be quiet high. It would also be prefered to be able to reinstall the server easily too.

As far as RAM, CPU and Hard Drive Space goes I will follow your recommendations, as long as it can run the above, Price also need to be in the 10-20$ range.

Server need to be in the EU.
I would prefer If the recommendations are from past experiences, so I can rely on the host.

Thanks in advance, Zombie o/

Comments

• Correct section is requests.

$10-20/mo or per year?

• @mikeyur said:
    Correct section is requests.

$10-20/mo or per year?

Thanks, changed the section.
    It's per month.

• CertifiedZombie: Take a look at http://www.fastboxes.net/cart.php?gid=5. If you would like a customized package send me a PM.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited September 2014

@CertifiedZombie Take a look at InceptionHosting @AnthonySmith or Ramnode (NL location). Both are awesome and you would be happy with either.

As for specs, OpenVPN uses next to nothing - not sure what type of site you're running, for a dev box I usually prefer around 1GB of ram.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2014

Hosted in Spain?!

• How do I get a zombie certificate?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • >

Been looking at ramnode, looks promising, they good?

@fastboxes said:
    CertifiedZombie: Take a look at http://www.fastboxes.net/cart.php?gid=5. If you would like a customized package send me a PM.

Cool, after a look at your website, I saw vps are coming soon? I look forward to get to know more, how much bandwidth could you offer for the price range I have? Bandwidth will be one of the most important factors :p

@mikeyur said:
    CertifiedZombie Take a look at InceptionHosting AnthonySmith or Ramnode (NL location). Both are awesome and you would be happy with either.

As for specs, OpenVPN uses next to nothing - not sure what type of site you're running, for a dev box I usually prefer around 1GB of ram.

Ramnode looks good, will look at InceptionHosting to, thanks.
    Yeah I figured It wouldn't take much, uptime and bandwidth is what I need the most so any 1 GB box will do really as far as I'm concerned.

@DalComp said:
    How do I get a zombie certificate?

You need to achieve an extreme level of lazyness and awesomeness. You can't sleep more than 1-2 hours a day either :)

• definedcodedefinedcode Member
    edited September 2014

We can do the following:

VZ 1024

RAM: 1024MB
    Unmanaged
    6GB PURE RAID SSD
    10TB Transfer (in/out)
    100mbit uplink
    1 IPv4 address
    Native IPv6 on request (up to 20)
    OpenVZ Virtualisation
    Strasbourg, France
    Price: £3.25/month ($5.36)
    Order: https://definedcodehosting.com/client/cart.php?a=add&pid=4

or if you think you need more RAM:

VZ 2048

RAM: 2048MB
    Unmanaged
    6GB PURE RAID SSD
    10TB Transfer (in/out)
    100mbit uplink
    1 IPv4 address
    Native IPv6 on request (up to 20)
    OpenVZ Virtualisation
    Strasbourg, France
    Price: £6.50/month ($10.73)
    Order: https://definedcodehosting.com/client/cart.php?a=add&pid=5

If you need more SSD space or RAM we can do that for a bit extra, just submit a ticket https://definedcodehosting.com/client/contact.php and we can probably meet your budget. Also if you need more bandwidth (unlikely) we can do that too :-) these are our standard plans and you can shoot us a ticket or PM for a custom one based off this.

• @CertifiedZombie Ramnode has won top provider here at LowEndTalk for quite a few contests over the last few quarters.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Do you have an ideal location in the EU?

• @CertifiedZombie said:
    You need to achieve an extreme level of lazyness and awesomeness. You can't sleep more than 1-2 hours a day either :)

Think I'll pass. Can't really being lazy without much sleeping.

Take a look at XenPower.com (Italy). I personally like their network the most and uptime is good. Or if you want high-availability and fail-over, their cloud services is at iwstack.com.

RamNode and Iniz/Openvz.io (NL) are also good.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • I've been with RamNode for a while now and their service and support have been outstanding. Note: I haven't tried their NL location (yet), but I have stuff hosted in their 3 other locations and they have been stable.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @Dylan said:
    Do you have an ideal location in the EU?

Since I live in Sweden, either france, nl or germany would be Ideal and most of the bigger hosting providers are located there anyways.

@DalComp
    Shame haha :P

@definedcode
    Damn good prices, will look it over :)

@rajprakash
    Quiet new to LET, but if thats the case, they might be the best choice, I will have to look over all of you guys recommendations and take the one I feel most comfortable with.

Thanks everyone for their tips, recommendations and help... You know how to help a newbie ;)

• Best prices as of yet, would It be possible to get higher bandwidth than the ones stated?

• RootNerdsRootNerds Member, Host Rep

@CertifiedZombie said:
    Best prices as of yet, would It be possible to get higher bandwidth than the ones stated?

Please send in a ticket with the amount needed and we can prepare a quote.

• Thanks! Should be fine for what you want, if you need more of anything (SSD, RAM, Bandwidth) then we can do something for you for very little extra if you choose us. The 100mbit connection is burstable up to 1gbit and we also include Anti-DDoS for free :-)

Hope you find what you're looking for.

• @CertifiedZombie said:
    Since I live in Sweden, either france, nl or germany would be Ideal and most of the bigger hosting providers are located there anyways.

This is in Italy, so not quite as close as those, but if you're looking for lots of bandwidth you're not going to find a better offer anywhere:

http://www.domflow.it/oneplans.php

€7 for truly unmetered 300 Mbps on a very good network, plus it's a proper cloud with multi-datacenter redundant HA. Good reputable company that's been around for a while too.

• online.net in France comes with 500GB HDD and Gbps unmetered bandwidth and costs only 10 euro/month. Maybe give it a shot? Although it's a dedi, not a VPS as required.

• @msg7086 said:
    online.net in France comes with 500GB HDD and Gbps unmetered bandwidth and costs only 10 euro/month. Maybe give it a shot? Although it's a dedi, not a VPS as required.

Dedi or VPS doesnt really matter, just that vps are what fits in this price range.. I've heard that online.net might not be so good, you have any experience using it?

• @CertifiedZombie said:
    Dedi or VPS doesnt really matter, just that vps are what fits in this price range.. I've heard that online.net might not be so good, you have any experience using it?

online.net looks good to me. I purchased one on behalf of my friend and she's using it as a seedbox. I have an uptime of 94 days since the first day and we are happy with that. YMMV though.

• RamNode for NL and GinerNet for spain, although their bandwidth is a little low.

Thanked by 2Nick_A jmginer
  • @rajprakash said:
    CertifiedZombie Ramnode has won top provider here at LowEndTalk for quite a few contests over the last few quarters.

Just because apple is manufacturing better phones than samsung , does it mean samsung's service is bad ?? | just because ramnode has been top provider doesn't mean he will be top for ever everyone starts from 0 but if there are no clients there is no provider

• $10-20? Definitely go for Linode

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said: | just because ramnode has been top provider doesn't mean he will be top for ever everyone starts from 0 but if there are no clients there is no provider

Someone sounds a tad butthurt. This world owes you fucking nothing, nada, zilch. You don't deserve customers just because you're new.

People constantly recommend Ramnode because @Nick_A and his crew provide a consistent, high quality service at a good price point - and they've done it for awhile. They didn't just magically wake up at #1 on the list in their first week of business and have thousands of customers.

Why should anyone try new, unproven hosts when they need to know their stuff will stay online? You need to prove that you're worth using - in your offering, in your quality of service, support, etc.

• Why not get an unmetered box if your using it for VPN?

• @mikeyur said:
    Why should anyone try new, unproven hosts when they need to know their stuff will stay online? You need to prove that you're worth using - in your offering, in your quality of service, support, etc.

I agree with that, Why I started the thread was to be able to get peoples opinion on the current hosts out there and to be frank I rather go with a host thats been known for good service, support, uptime etc.
    Instead of a host thats been around for a week or two.

@wych said:
    Why not get an unmetered box if your using it for VPN?

I would, But hard to find a host providing unmetered for my price and the requirements / quality I want, If you dont have a host in mind?

• Its you expect people to know what a person is able to offer without trying his services first??

im new to the forum not to the industry will be reaching my 1st year in business in 2 months

As for the unmetered vps its not so difficult maybe you could try WHT's VPS offers section to look for a reputed provider

• @VPSRAIDSolutions: Its you expect people to know what a person is able to offer without trying his services first??

You missed the point entirely. People don't want to gamble on your services when they can pick something that they know is good.

It's not my job or anyone else's to go and try every service provider. It's on YOU to stand out with your offer and get that in front of people. I believe it's called marketing...

Whining about everyone recommending tried & true providers isn't going to help you.