Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Do You Think About WeLoveServers.net?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Do You Think About WeLoveServers.net?

So I might want to buy VPS from http://weloveservers.net but I just want to know about them. What was your experience like?

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Dirt cheap, crappy service. Not a client, but I did read a thing or two about them.

• Currently have two boxes with them.

Always knowledgeable, professional support with average response times.
    Over the past 2 months (all that I have recorded) I have 99.9% uptime.
    Network IO is always good (50-70MB/s). Disk IO could be better (50-80MB/s). I can always use the resources guaranteed (RAM, CPU).

Can't complain for boxes at $1.60 a month with IGB RAM.

• Just keep in mind: it can't be perfect with that price.

• Nyr said: Not a client, but I did read a thing or two about them.

Not really. In their start they used to be brilliant, now decent services, good support, higher than average performance compared to same price competition. I am a customer and have 2 boxes with them, one as email server, another as small web server. Some problems a couple of months ago, but now not any more.

• I have some $19/year vps and it still good
    I really didn't use their support for a long time but I used them before the average response was ~20min

• i've got their last year top provider promotion.
    paid 38 bucks for 60GB HDD, 2TB traffic
    my thoughts? they have quite good support, and now with pretty fancy promotions.
    here's my box on the LA node

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores : 8
    CPU frequency :  3399.932 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 2048 MB
    Total amount of swap : 2457 MB
    System uptime :   69 days, 11:21,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 47.9MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 1017KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 1.30MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 504KB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 495KB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 1.11MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 767KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 1.58MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 3.83MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 991KB/s
    I/O speed :  40.1 MB/s

• Cheap, reasonable performance, good value overall.

The network from their UK location had been a little spotty at times in the past, but nothing to complain about overall.

Definitely a keeper at renewal time, as of today.

• yeah i have 2 vps with them for practically a year now, one always worked good, the other one has been a disaster (corruption first and after a move and reinstall parts of centOS going missing and then after a second reinstall and being left alone, solusvm cant connect to the vps anymore?!?!?)... and support always put the blame in me, never could get the much promised uk location, still i will probably renew the good one since i still have a credit with them, but yeah not going to continue being a client after that, its an average service all the way :/

• Not worth it. I was a client but not anymore. Server crashes on a simple benchmark script. You get what you pay for. Sometimes the CPU load is too high. They were good before but now they are overselling. Go for a reliable provider like ramnode or something.

WLS have some ongoing promotions. Got this email today.

Greetings,

We hope that you had a great Labor Day weekend celebration! You're invited to take part in the WeLoveServers Labor Day week sale event to get the best deal possible on servers!

VPS Hosting:

WeLoveServers is excited and wants to celebrate the Labor Day week with you! Our customers mean everything to us, and with a special week comes along special packages. These packages are available for any existing or new customers for new orders only (these are not available as upgrades, but available for purchase as a new service via our shopping cart). Customers may obtain these deals for expansion purposes, cancelling existing service(s) in favor of these specials will not be permitted.

All plans are instantly activated with an array of locations available for your selection upon ordering.

Labor Day Week Special - 256MB:

+ 10 GB Disk Space Storage
    + 3000 GB Monthly Bandwidth (100Mbps)
    + 256 MB Guaranteed RAM + 512 MB vSwap
    + 1 IP Address
    + Choice of Linux OS's
    + OpenVZ/SolusVM

Price - $8/year! ($0.67/Monthly)

Go straight to this custom order link to get started! => https://core.weloveservers.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=192

Labor Day Week Special - 512MB:

+ 15 GB Disk Space Storage
    + 512 MB Guaranteed RAM + 1 GB vSwap
    + 1 IP Address
    + Choice of Linux OS's
    + OpenVZ/SolusVM

Price - $12/year! ($1.00/Monthly)

Go straight to this custom order link to get started! => https://core.weloveservers.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=193

Labor Day Week Special - 1GB:

+ 30 GB Disk Space Storage
    + 1 GB Guaranteed RAM + 2 GB vSwap
    + 1 IP Address
    + Choice of Linux OS's
    + OpenVZ/SolusVM

Price - $19/year! ($1.58/Monthly)

Go straight to this custom order link to get started! => https://core.weloveservers.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=194

These are limited time deals that won't last past Labor Day week! Not only that, but to sweeten the deal we will perform a free upgrade on your order from 100Mbps to a 1Gbps uplink! As an extra bonus we will also include a complementray upgrade from 3000GB to 5000GB of monthly bandwidth upon request. After completing the order, open a support ticket and we will have the requested upgrades completed within ~30 minutes.

Looking to supercharge your new VPS? Add 512MB of RAM to both swap AND dedicated RAM for just an additional $2/month (yes, really, $2/month! This isn't a typo.) Submit a ticket to sales with the title "Supercharge ME!" and one of our engineers will handle this task.

Looking for something different? Fill this out and our deal maker will get back to you.

Regards,

We Love Servers
    Where quality meets affordability
    Follow us for updates in 140 characters: https://twitter.com/weloveservers
    Looking for a deal on a new service? Use our New Deal Maker Service => http://www.weloveservers.net/deal_maker.php

• Cheap, reasonable performance, good value overall.

I have 37 VPS with them and couting (order new 5-15 VPS/month)
    http://i.imgur.com/I1yetOT.png

• I have $19/yr with them. My vps was reloaded without warning, I used kloxo at that time and hapend to be found that the version I am using have some exploits. Then control panel can't connect to vps. Uptime is good. Performance is average.

• I think they are great. Good customer service every time and good uptime.

• qwerty11 said: My vps was reloaded without warning, I used kloxo at that time and hapend to be found that the version I am using have some exploits.

To be fair, they did warn us via email about this. All Kloxo installations were to be disabled and removed.

• @sonic said:
    Cheap, reasonable performance, good value overall.

I have 37 VPS with them and couting (order new 5-15 VPS/month)
    http://i.imgur.com/I1yetOT.png

1 Ticket per VPS haha

• I have been with WLS since more than a year. Started off with a shared hosting and currently having more than 5 boxes with them.

VPS performance is above average. And when compared with others in same price slab... it's way better. The best thing I like about WLS is their professional and fast response to support tickets.

I did experience some downtime couple of times. However, that was due to some other user stressing out the node. Since then they moved me to a different node and haven't run into any issues.

• Running 250+ nodes I can say the ones I have with this company are never on my radar, because there hasn't been any issues. They're definitely not in the bottom tier of hosts advertised around here, maybe they're not the most stellar either- but their pricing is very fair.

• when the system goes down abruptly for hours, prompt support reply without bringing it back online is not something that you can get excited for

"oh wow, how cool is that - it's one minute support response but my system is still down!"

price is good, however doesn't make sense when your system shows quite a load almost all the time without any specific reason

hold on, 1GBps? mark my word that there are more abusers on the node and you will barely get that speed.

I was an avid fan of we love servers and their service - purchased one $19/yr plan. Didnt complain that much, but didn't forget to hit on "Request to Cancel at the end of the billing period.

In short - been there, done that, learned my lessons but didn't whine :)

good luck

Thanked by 1redo
  • ironhide said: In short - been there, done that, learned my lessons but didn't whine :)

This describes best for my experience with them. I've scaled from 7 to 1 VPS which is sitting idle now.

• Overloaded HDD and sometimes network down.
    I switched to INIZ.