Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Dedicated Server in Europe for $10 month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Dedicated Server in Europe for $10 month

Comments

• @jvnadr said:
    http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-scg2 Always available, great support, great nwtwork, in France.

It is sold out.. simple as that

• @socials Oh, I just noticed that! I think it will be restocked, as this is not a promotional offer but their normal offer.

• @jvnadr said:
    With better and bigger hard drives. They clearly said that the 2$ was a promotional move only, and after the end of the decided stock this type of server will be sold in the normal price with better HDDs.

No, it's exactly the same one :P I mean the first one in the Oneprovider list

• socialssocials Member
    edited September 2014

@jvnadr said:
    With better and bigger hard drives. They clearly said that the 2$ was a promotional move only, and after the end of the decided stock this type of server will be sold in the normal price with better HDDs.

Yeah, but the one that Oneprovider sells is exactly the same as the €2 offer (with a 160GB HDD).

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

OneProvider is selling it for 9EUR the Nano with 160GB HDD, Online.net had a special for 1,99EUR, that just old stock. They upgraded to 500GB Hybrid Drives from 160GB, that normaly cost 9,99EUR at Online.net

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2014

foetti said: It is sold out.. simple as that

Yeah and rather than waiting a couple of days for them to restock, you go and order a massively worse server, with 160GB old HDD vs 500 GB new SSHD, for about the same price. Oh wait, it's actually a whole 0.99 EUR cheaper!

• It's only a monthly contract with no setup fee... If online.net is in stock again, no problem to order a new one...

• And there are not many offers for less than 10 euro.. so I decided to get this one and have at least a server..

• socialssocials Member
    edited September 2014

Delimiter had/has a sweet deal for $20 a month (about 15€). It's a bit more than your budget, but it's A LOT better than the VIA Nano deal.

Edit: Ah, sorry. Delimiter's in the US. They have pretty good network though, @MarkTurner could hook you up with a test IP I bet.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @socials said:
    Edit: Ah, sorry. Delimiter's in the US. They have pretty good network though, MarkTurner could hook you up with a test IP I bet.

Latency is too high to US.

• @socials - thanks for the recommendation - the offer is still running but that server is only available in Atlanta, USA. We have nothing that lowcost in Europe at the moment.

• @markturner can we have addtional ip for the server ?

• @iSky said:
    markturner can we have addtional ip for the server ?

Yes you can.

• ahmiqahmiq Member
    edited September 2014

@foetti said:
    I have found another Server for 9 € located in Paris, France. VIA Nano U2250 1.6Ghz, 1x 160GB HDD, 2GB RAM, 1Gbps Bandwith. Link: http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france

Since I doubt that the order of Kimsufi KS-2 will be successful, I have ordered this one.

ops. already said.. 500 hybrid hdd

• @wych i dont see any option to have addtional ip, should we open ticket for that ?

• @ahmiq said:
    ops. already said.. 500 hybrid hdd

Ok, show me an offer that can be ordered....

• @iSky said:
    wych i dont see any option to have addtional ip, should we open ticket for that ?

Click on Edit on the order page

• wychwych Member
    edited September 2014

@iSky said:
    @wych i dont see any option to have addtional ip, should we open ticket for that ?

Click "[Edit Configuration]".

• @foetti said:
    Ok, show me an offer that can be ordered....

Kimsufi takes time if you need to validate, don't be so impatient.

Online.net and pretty much any provider don't have an infinite amount of servers and they certainly don't sit around waiting for you to purchase one of them..

Find a server with the specs you need purchase and wait, it's that simple.

It took me 2 - 3 weeks for validation with OVH and a few minutes to get the server provisioned it was worth the wait though.

• @iSky: Yes you can order upto /28 subnet with the X5150 blades

• @ATHK said:
    It took me 2 - 3 weeks for validation with OVH and a few minutes to get the server provisioned it was worth the wait though.

Look at the Kimsufi Forum... looks like people get not validated in time and the order expired...

• it took me almost 2 months to get validated - while waiting i was using online.net. but the wait is worth it. I'm on both kimsufi and online now.

• Online.net seems to have the Dedibox SC gen2 on Stock again. I have ordered now one Dedibox from Online.net, one Via Nano from OneProvider.com and a KS-2 from Kimsufi. As soon as I have one of them available I will post the details...

• Ok.. thats fast.. Online.net delivered the Dedibox within 5 minutes.. wow

• @MarkTurner said:
    iSky: Yes you can order upto /28 subnet with the X5150 blades

Ordered a server from you in the past and was ignored for 3 weeks (Non Delivery). and a refund was issued. so I would never be ordering from you again.

• @foetti said:
    Ok.. thats fast.. Online.net delivered the Dedibox within 5 minutes.. wow

If dedicated isn't such an issue, you can get a great kvm from contabo for 7.99 euro with 2 cores / 6gb ram / 500gb ssd cached disk

• Online.net does not provide native IPv6. It works with a client called dibbler... I was not able to get IPv6 to work... I would rather use tunnelbroker.net for IPv6 than dibbler.

The Nano U2250 CPU is really slow, as well as disk access. I get better values with my vps (RootNerds and WeLoveServers).

• @foetti boo hoo, up your budget and I am sure you can find something you like.

• @wych said:
    foetti boo hoo, up your budget and I am sure you can find something you like.

Yupp... I have realized this as well... :-)

• my disk power-on-hours shows more than 20k, it means 28 months hehe