Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFCVPS: 35% off, 2x ram, 2x bandwidth, 11 FREE backups - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LFCVPS: 35% off, 2x ram, 2x bandwidth, 11 FREE backups

Comments

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@key12 said: I guess 3ware card more explensive than Adaptec 6805?! and I Don't know what it cost SAS Hard Drives but it can't be more 2K right?

Try $400 a piece. $3200 just in drives.

@prometeus said: do the same with xen, then came back and talk again

When you catch up to me, come talk to me. I was almost there also, 1GB Xen for $6. Still sustainable for us.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@CVPS_Chris said: Still sustainable for us.

but if it's sustainable for you (who?) why it cannot for others? I remember a discussion of you talking of XXXXXX figures as they were big money. Now you troll around as if you are the king of the net (got some dad money I think)....

@prometeus said: but if it's sustainable for you (who?) why it cannot for others? I remember a discussion of you talking of XXXXXX figures as they were big money. Now you troll around as if you are the king of the net (got some dad money I think)....

I know your old and everything, but no its not "dads money" its mine, and I made it for myself. Its sustainable for us because we can do things other hosts cannot, and without that ability it just does not work. Can you sell $7 2GB VPS's and make a 95% profit? I don't think so.

I'm sure our monthly income is much higher than yours and your a dinosaur when it comes to how long you have been around. To me that just yells failed attempt to grow.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

@jeff_lfcvps I apologize for the derail of your post.

@CVPS_Chris said: your a dinosaur when it comes to how long you have been around

I'm in the IT since 1986, so sure I'm a dinosaur. Hope you are not a butterfly.

@CVPS_Chris we can continue in private or other thread if you like ;)

/unsubscribe

@prometeus said: @CVPS_Chris we can continue in private or other thread if you like ;)

Sure, start it off big boy.

• @CVPS_Chris said: I'm sure our monthly income is much higher than yours and your a dinosaur when it comes to how long you have been around. To me that just yells failed attempt to grow.

Somebody is trying to sound tough cough cough

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer

@PytoHost said: Somebody is trying to sound tough cough cough

Tough? Nah, just pure facts. Some people just cant handle them I guess.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

95% profit on those $7 2GB's? Jeez.. I'm being ripped off :P

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited June 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: Can you sell $7 2GB VPS's and make a 95% profit? I don't think so.

There is no way a 2GB OpenVZ VPS costs you only $0.35/month. (unless you stole your nodes, rack space, power and bandwidth)

@dmmcintyre3 said: There is no way a 2GB OpenVZ VPS costs you only $0.35/month. (unless you stole your nodes, rack space, power and bandwidth)

Like I said, we do things other hosts cannot.

• @CVPS_Chris said: Like I said, we do things other hosts cannot.

Then prove a 2GB OpenVZ VPS only costs you $0.35/month.

@dmmcintyre3 said: Then prove a 2GB OpenVZ VPS only costs you $0.35/month.

I do not need to explain myself to you, or show you my costs. The only way someone will ever find out our costs is if they decide they want to try and buy us and sign an NDA.

I'll buy you out. My offer is $0.35. Take it or leave it.

@liamwithers said: I'll buy you out. My offer is $0.35. Take it or leave it.

Times that a few hundred thousand and we can maybe talk.

How bout 50k? That's 50,000 IQD (=$42.9USD) sorry, I only deal in Iraqi currency.

Sorry wont cut it.

Damn D:, can't blame a guy for trying (y)

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@CVPS_Chris said: Like I said, we do things other hosts cannot.

Really? then i will go to offer $7 lets see who can Survive :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@CVPS_Chris said: Can you sell $7 2GB VPS's and make a 95% profit? I don't think so.

This is only possible if you're only payment method is cash/check. By your statement you are making $6.65 profit yet after Paypal fees your income is only $6.44.

• @CVPS_Chris, I'm done with this thread -- if you don't like our pricing, that's fine but basically accusing us of using stolen hardware is beyond the line. We've been around since 1996 and are profitable, are we as profitable as you? Maybe not but if we want to sell VPSes for this price -- that's our choice.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

can the discussions be moved to another thread, and let this one be about the offer?

Thanked by 1joshin
  • joshinjoshin Member

I picked up a LFCVPS 128 (256) XEN VPS in May and am very happy with it. The performance is solid and the support from Jeff and his team has been very good as well. I certainly hope they're earning enough to stay around.

-J

Happy owner of 5 dedicated servers (PHX), 1 LFC VPS, & 1 BuyVM VPS

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jeff_lfcvps said: @CVPS_Chris, I'm done with this thread -- if you don't like our pricing, that's fine but basically accusing us of using stolen hardware is beyond the line

i'm not sure if he's saying that or that you're full of crap.

Francisco

• JacobJacob Member
    edited June 2012

Grabs the popcorn

Fight, Fight!

Thanked by 11q1
  • vedranvedran Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said: I was not talking about the specs of the machines. The prices your charging do not make any sense and over a one year period would barley pay for the machine. Then we have to throw in colo/bw pricing etc.

Nothing wrong with 1 or 2 year ROI ... Not everyone here is looking for quick cash by putting 100 VPS clients on a RPi machine (not talking about you, just a general statement).

Anyway, let's stop with baseless accusations and e-peen discussion.

Thanked by 2Spirit joshin

@Francisco said: i'm not sure if he's saying that or that you're full of crap.

Yeah, I didnt suggest it was stolen I was saying that to make my point the pricing was not sustainable.

Anyway, good luck. Lets see how long your VPS branch lasts :)

• im here to post my signature...

• @CVPS_Chris, so how long does our VPS offering have to last to make you happy?

Thanked by 2TheHackBox jcaleb

@jeff_lfcvps said: @CVPS_Chris, so how long does our VPS offering have to last to make you happy?

Lets see where you are in 1 year.