Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ACTUALLY DDoS Protected VPS ~44Gbps NTP Reflection (UDP) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ACTUALLY DDoS Protected VPS ~44Gbps NTP Reflection (UDP)

Comments

• AnthonySmith said: I wonder how the NSA would react to someone pointing a DDOS target domain at one of their IP's ... they would probably hold you responsible for the attack I guess.

"This is what happens when we have net neutrality."

• BlackLotus

Hasn't bothered contacting us or returning our calls, their phone line is busy/dead.

Staminus

Got back to us with a reasonable price for what they protect, far too expensive for a LET host though.

Incapsula

The guy on LiveChat was clueless, waiting to talk to someone over the phone now.

• @SplitIce said:
    Romanian services (Voxility) can do this without a problem, Voxility handles Amplification (i.e NTP AMP) at the Datacenter Filter level (meaning its not a problem at up to 500Gbps)

Their traffic costs would put them over Staminus' quote.

• @GoodHosting said:
    Their traffic costs would put them over Staminus' quote.

Uhm.. online.net DDOS bussiness or pro package? Maybe could handle the things. But i dont know how much they could handle.

• C E N T A R R A

• I recommend you spin up a Centarra VPS, 100 gigabit filtering.. for as little as 7 bucks

• @serverian said:
    C E N T A R R A

@JoeMerit said:
    I recommend you spin up a Centarra VPS, 100 gigabit filtering.. for as little as 7 bucks

We're doing that at the moment, still waiting for it to deploy.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@serverian said:
    C E N T A R R A

They would be a good bet -- kaniini really knows his stuff. However, I can't imagine any company wanting to bring that kind of traffic to their network without a hefty price tag attached. Best of luck to you.

• You totally need blacklotus. But they are not LE* friendly :-) If you want it done right, pay for it. Alternatively, try Firehost.

• HA! I just noticed "nenolod" in the Centarra Screenshot. I recognize the name from EFnet and other networks. This guy knows what he's doing.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited August 2014

BrianHarrison said: They would be a good bet -- kaniini really knows his stuff.

He apparently left Centarra (and the hosting industry) "many months" ago:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/681585/#Comment_681585

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@BrianHarrison said:
    They would be a good bet -- kaniini really knows his stuff. However, I can't imagine any company wanting to bring that kind of traffic to their network without a hefty price tag attached. Best of luck to you.

kaniini left didn't he?

• @GoodHosting said:
    We're doing that at the moment, still waiting for it to deploy.

The Centarra website says basic DDoS protection is only 10gbps guaranteed

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited August 2014

You might check Exelion they use Centarra network
    State of the art enterprise-grade redundant Anti-DDoS network
    100 gigabits per second and 200 million packets per second mitigation

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1398936&highlight=exelion

http://bgp.he.net/dns/exelion.net#_ipinfo

• StacyStacy Member
    edited August 2014

CNServers is good, I know a friend that uses Ramnode Seattle DDOS protected IP and it handles attacks > 20Gbps just fine, other DDOS protected Ramnode locations can't do this though.

My friend uses it as a reverse proxy to a popular minecraft server that gets attacked all the time.

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    You totally need blacklotus. But they are not LE* friendly :-) If you want it done right, pay for it. Alternatively, try Firehost.

BlackLotus doesn't know how to have a working phone line, so it's not my problem. Either way, Centarra is working great so far, and CloudFlare pro blocks most of the DNS angry. I'm working on a deal with Staminus at the moment for a more permanent solution, but a BGP deployments takes up to six weeks with them.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Infinity said: kaniini left didn't he?

As far as I am aware yes

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited August 2014

@acidpuke said:
    You might check Exelion they use Centarra network
    State of the art enterprise-grade redundant Anti-DDoS network
    100 gigabits per second and 200 million packets per second mitigation

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1398936&highlight=exelion

http://bgp.he.net/dns/exelion.net#_ipinfo

You could take a look at Voxility or OVH for Mitigating floods as large as the one you are receiving. As they have a Massive Network that is capable of handling large floods without a Problem. Oles has provided proof of this through his twitter. when they successfully migrated 100-200GB NTP Attack against 2 separate clients.

• @kaniini left Centarra.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited August 2014

Good luck with DDoS Protection.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited August 2014

@MonsteR said:
    Hi,
    We can offer up to 20Gbps on Dedicated and 10Gbps on VPS, Drop me a message if interested.

Did you read the thread, or just proceeded to vomit everywhere and hope it hit someone who has that fetish?

• Why not just get a OVH dedi and set it to drop all UDP on their firewall?

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited August 2014

@SkylarM said:
    Did you read the thread, or just proceeded to vomit everywhere and hope it hit someone who has that fetish?

Read the thread wrong, Currently 2.40AM here. Edited it a few moments after posting, Guess I was too late to avoid your kind words. :D

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited August 2014

@Spencer said:
    Why not just get a OVH dedi and set it to drop all UDP on their firewall?

Probably the easier and cheap solution, Anyway what happened to pytohost?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @SkylarM said:

Hey man, what if he wants to take 44Gbps on his 20Gbps network ? Maybe that's his fetish instead?

/jokes.

• @MonsteR said:
    Probably the easier and cheap solution, Anyway what happened to pytohost?

The sad part is we had the site on OVH to begin with, but it was getting hit too hard there (by OVH's own servers.)

• @GoodHosting said:
    The sad part is we had the site on OVH to begin with, but it was getting hit too hard there (by OVH's own servers.)

Do a TCP dump while there and forward it to the VAC Team?

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited August 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    The sad part is we had the site on OVH to begin with, but it was getting hit too hard

With OVH couldn't you just setup ACL's to block the OVH local/remote traffic or just simply make it drop UDP at the Firewall/Router level via their cp?

• @MonsteR said:
    With OVH couldn't you just setup ACL's to block the OVH local/remote traffic or just simply make it drop UDP at the Firewall/Router level via their cp?

@nexmark said:
    Do a TCP dump while there and forward it to the VAC Team?

OVH still hasn't replied to my tickets or abuse emails in regards to why their servers (ns22001xxxx.ovh.net) were the major contributors on attacks against our servers. Now that we're on a box that can handle the attack, we can actually sit and watch all the connections that get through; and it's not nice.

• @GoodHosting said:
    OVH still hasn't replied to my tickets or abuse emails in regards to why their servers (ns22001xxxx.ovh.net) were the major contributors on attacks against our servers. Now that we're on a box that can handle the attack, we can actually sit and watch all the connections that get through; and it's not nice.

I'm relatively sure that you can get a firewall on OVH's side for about $30/mth? Ordered from their panel.