Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ACTUALLY DDoS Protected VPS ~44Gbps NTP Reflection (UDP)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ACTUALLY DDoS Protected VPS ~44Gbps NTP Reflection (UDP)

Hello LowEndTalk,

It seems someone here really doesn't want us to be around, but we're not giving up anytime soon. We're currently looking for a solution that could handle approximately 44Gbps of NTP Reflection attack (UDP), as well as UDP SYN slowflood. We are currently working to cover the other layers (with DNSSec and SiteLock).

We currently need something on the BlackLotus 100Ge network, or a similar offer; a server that can act as the front-end to handle and filter the brunt of the attacks. We plan to install Open Daylight to filter anything that gets past the protection, and SiteLock to protect against WAF and related.

Price need not be within the LET range, PM offers.

Best Regards!

Comments

• Hey @goodhosting contact Versaweb they use blacklotus.

• MunMun Member

said: Price need not be within the LET range, PM offers.

Bahahahahahahahahahahaah

You are funny.

• @Mun said:

I can't expect a DDoS protection that actually works to be within LET price range.

• @Shivam said:
    Hey goodhosting contact Versaweb they use blacklotus.

Already looked into that, sadly they were unwilling.

• MunMun Member

@GoodHosting said:

Indeed.

Up your looking price.

In regards to versaweb:

• I guess you dont want to use OVH ?

• @Mun said:

Yup, we are being hit with well over 10Gbps (NTP Reflection goes well over 200Gbps if done correctly, check CloudFlare's "The DDoS that almost broke the internet" series of articles.)

• What about reliablesite.net ? but they might charge a bomb

• Ah nevermind they only do up to 20 GBPS and dam $580 / month :I

• @Shivam said:
    What about reliablesite.net ? but they might charge a bomb

They got me a price that made sense, but said they wouldn't be able to handle over 50Gbps reliably, so I'm still looking (sadly.)

• @Goodhosting

Can't you contact Black Lotus yourself for a quote?

• @xDutchy said:
    Can't you contact Black Lotus yourself for a quote?

I have, as well as Staminus. Neither have replied yet (going on 6 hours, max 24 hours apparently; as per their regular contact times.) BlackLotus' phone number is always "Busy" so I can't even phone them (?)

• MunMun Member

You should try and figure out what is being attacked and split up it as best as you can.

• @Mun said:
    You should try and figure out what is being attacked and split up it as best as you can.

They're just blindly attacking whatever our site (goodhosting.co) resolves to.

• MunMun Member

business plan on cloudflare with under attack mode might help?

• MunMun Member

You could probably PM / tweet the CEO of cloudflare and tell him what is up and he might help.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2014

Point the domain at Microsoft.com or summat.

• said: UDP SYN slowflood

What exactly is an UDP SYN?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Nekki said:

lol

• @Nekki said:

Nekki! I have not seen you in awhile!

Thanked by 3Pwner PremiumN berkay
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:

I wonder how the NSA would react to someone pointing a DDOS target domain at one of their IP's ... they would probably hold you responsible for the attack I guess.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    I wonder how the NSA would react to someone pointing a DDOS target domain at one of their IP's ... they would probably hold you responsible for the attack I guess.

I strongly suspect someone would be out to introduce your metaphorical anus to the metaphorical rake.

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited August 2014

Prolexic or Arbor Networks cloud protection. Both with GRE back tunnel or leased line.

• Incapsula. Or, Centarra claims that they have 100G protection. Spin up a VM and try?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Just get cloudflare business or use OVH

• KomplanarKomplanar Member
    edited August 2014

incapsula, prolexic/akamai or cloudflare?

• @Mun said:
    business plan on cloudflare with under attack mode might help?

Didn't do anything last I tried, I'll try again.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited August 2014

Go for CloudFlare, configure your backend approximately> @GoodHosting said:

Does the DDoS protection page of them bother you? You'd also need to have a mail server that doesn't expose backend IPs in the mail headers (e.g. amazon SES).
    Could write a simple script to turn on the DDoS protection page of them while being under a certain cpu load.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@GoodHosting said:

Remember to click the little cloud icon until it goes orange.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

https://www.x4b.net/protection/ddos-prices

Romanian services (Voxility) can do this without a problem, Voxility handles Amplification (i.e NTP AMP) at the Datacenter Filter level (meaning its not a problem at up to 500Gbps)

More information: https://www.x4b.net/kb/RomanianProtection