Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server

I don't need one right away, but I may soon. Here's a rough estimate of what I'm looking for.

• PassMark score ≥ 7000
  • RAM ≥ 16 GB
  • HDD ≥ 1 TB (RAID with at least ~1 TB of usable space)
  • Bandwidth ≥ 20 TB
  • Port ≥ 200 Mbps
  • IPv4 ≤ $0.25 per IP (or include a large number of IPs in initial offer)
  • Location = anywhere in the world

Comments

• Price?

• Our offers and pricing should fit your requirements. Take a look at our latest specials: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1369719

• BoxodeBoxode Member

concerto49 said: Our offers and pricing should fit your requirements. Take a look at our latest specials:

Your IP's are $0.40, OP requires <$0.25.

• viCommunications said: Your IP's are $0.40, OP requires <$0.25.

Depends on block size and depending on the configuration we'd be happy to discount the IPs further.

• HostNunHostNun Member

@linuxthefish no particular price range or expectations for now other than what I said re: IPv4.

The server will go toward more 'low end' VPS offers, so I don't see how I'll be able to afford IPs at $1 like DataShack charges.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • HostNunHostNun Member
    edited May 2014

@concerto49 that 2xL5630 offer looks nice, but I doubt I'll need that much RAM!

EDIT: Oh, and I would prefer RAID 10. You can't offer more than 2xHDD?

• Looking for a new server again.

Any offers out there that are comparable to Versaweb's sale from July?

• You probably would say No because of how "horrible" we are but I just thought I'd put it out there that we have $59/month recurring E3-1240v3s on sale now and could definitely offer IPs for around .20-.25

• @GVH_Jon Thanks for the offer.

You probably would say No because of how "horrible" we are...

I've had problems on your shared hosting in the past. I don't think that necessarily means I'll have problems buying a dedicated server through you. Can you PM or email me with further details?

Thanked by 1iSky
  • KS-4
    Core™ i5-2300

Core™ i5-3570S
    6758 4c / 4t 2.8 GHz+
    3.1 GHz+ 16 Go 1 To 100 Mbps /128 19,99 € HT

http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/

• @cool_dude said:
    KS-4
    Core™ i5-2300

Core™ i5-3570S
    6758 4c / 4t 2.8 GHz+
    3.1 GHz+ 16 Go 1 To 100 Mbps /128 19,99 € HT

http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/

I see IPv6 on that page... no additional IPv4?

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@HostNun said:
    I see IPv6 on that page... no additional IPv4?

Not on Kimsufi, no.

• Location of the server is in USA & the configuration goes like this processor-1x Intel Quad Core Xeon E3-1270 V2, 16GB RAM, 20TB of Bandwidth, HDD is 2x1TB SATA2, IPv4 $1.75 per IP it may cost you about $398.72 USD.

• @cloudcandy said:
    Location of the server is in USA & the configuration goes like this processor-1x Intel Quad Core Xeon E3-1270 V2, 16GB RAM, 20TB of Bandwidth, HDD is 2x1TB SATA2, IPv4 $1.75 per IP it may cost you about $398.72 USD.

That is WAY above the OP's requested cost per IP address.

We currently offer the following:

-- PMed --

• GVH didn't work out (no LET melodrama forthcoming, sorry) so I'm tentatively in the market for this again.

@cloudcandy are you sure you're on the right forum? :)

• I've PMed you our current offers, more competitively priced than before :).

• Contacted us for an offer? Let us know how we can help.

• @HostNun said:
    GVH didn't work out (no LET melodrama forthcoming, sorry) so I'm tentatively in the market for this again.

So you're implying you purchased a dedicated server from Jon?

Besides the blacklisted IPs what was wrong with it?

I'm not looking for drama here just curious.

• @ATHK said:
    I'm not looking for drama here just curious.

He didn't want to have to deal with Jon? ;)

• @ATHK I accepted Jon's offer from August 24th and was told the server would be ready for me to use in 24-48 hours. As of yesterday (more than two weeks later) I was still not able to access it. It was 'simply' never made available to me and there was never a coherent explanation given as to why. The most I got out of their support was "Looks like the server is not booting because someone messed with the bootloader." It took them until September 6th to say that to me. After that I was finally given IPMI access for the first time so I could, in their words, "troubleshoot" the "messed with" bootloader despite having never logged into the server previously (unsure why the onus should have been put on me to troubleshoot their errors...). Unfortunately the IPMI account didn't even have admin privileges so I couldn't do anything. A complete waste of time.

See http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/720939/#Comment_720939 etc.

Thanked by 1exp82
  • @HostNun that sounds similar to someone elses experience I read about GVH and no working IPMI. @0xdragon was it you?

Thanked by 1Amarielle
  • @Hostnun:

http://www.delimitervps.com/landingpage/blades/?p=L55202421000I64&l=Atlanta

Dual L5520
    24GB
    2 x 1TB (Hardware RAID1)
    Gigabit port
    64 IPv4
    /64 IPv6

$109/month paid quarter ($119/month paid monthly)

• @HostNun said:

I'm so sorry.. I physically laughed out loud when I read your post... How pathetic of Jon and his team bahaha.

Anyway, thank you for posting even though you weren't obliged to.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited September 2014

@wych said:
    HostNun that sounds similar to someone elses experience I read about GVH and no working IPMI. 0xdragon was it you?

Jon sent the working IPMI details a day after my service was delivered (late) thankfully.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited September 2014

EDIT: nm, it is what it is.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • HostNun said: EDIT: nm, it is what it is.

Shame you removed that. I liked the colourful language. Made for a nice change from your usual "in character" language.

• @HostNun I PM'ed you

• @OnraHost said:
    HostNun I PM'ed you

I bet that's the highlight of the Nun's week.

Thanked by 2ATHK netomx
  • I've responded to your ticket. The upstream is claiming that your IPMI was working the entire time and sent me screenshots and verification to prove as such. I will be working with you over your ticket to check that you are doing everything correctly and go through the checklist that you are doing everything and have everything necessary (on your computer) to access the IPMI console.

If it is found that there is something missing on your end or if you are doing something wrong, which is likely (as HVH techs have determined that IPMI was always working), your refund decision would be reversed.

• Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

I'm sure Op knows what he's doing Jon, can you access the IPMI console?

Thanked by 1Mark_R