Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap 1G w/IPv6 [US/AP]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap 1G w/IPv6 [US/AP]

Hello there,

I am looking for some cheap VPS equipped with the following details:

• 1GB RAM
  • 10GB(or up) Disk space
  • 1 CPU Core (as some provider like cutting into half or quarter)
  • At lease 100mbps UL/DL (unmetered/cap at 1TB or up)

• No OVZ please.
  • Prefer having SSD backed storage
  • Dedicated IP
  • rDNS record change-able

• Location requirement:
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • Hong Kong (Spotlight! Will buy for $12 or below if it's in Hong Kong with stable uplink)
    • Los Angeles
    • Seattle
    • Other West Coast cities should also work, but pingable IP needed for sure

Finally the budget, as usual, $7/mo or BELOW(is better).

--Ivan

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2014

said: Japan

Australia
    Hong Kong

All of those are okay for you, but then you skip Singapore???...

There's like a dozen of providers in SG, and at least DigitalOcean seems to fit all your requirements.

In Japan, Linode with their new $10 plan is a very good choice.

• Japan: vultr or servaman

Australia: ransomit @Oliver

Hong kong: edis

Los angeles: raptornode

Seattle: ramnode

Those would be my recomendations

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

AutoSnipe said: Japan: vultr or servaman

Vultr doesn't have nearly enough bandwidth in JP on cheap plans, and "ServersMan@VPS" is OpenVZ.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Thanks for mention @AutoSnipe

I can help for the Australian service but can't do 1TB of bandwidth for $7. Probably best to email [email protected] and I can customise a plan.

• @rm_ Thanks for the reminder of Singapore, but seems HKIX1 (yea I live in HK) have some congestions before in July and early August. And most of DigitalOcean and Linode thing is already in our plan, we mainly want find a vps like (as the thread said) that for some other front-end use.

@AutoSnipe Thanks for the recommendation but we got some echo for that:

Vultr: Not enough bandwidth capacity, never-need to say that their bandwidth billing style is not our cup of tea. (In short, it's weired.)

Servaman: This? https://servaman.com/ We can't see informations out there. Except "No Longer Trading" is put.

ServersMan@VPS: Sorry it's OpenVZ, doesn't fit.

RansomIT: Hmmm. I've seen it b4 on LEB's Australia category, I might get'em in contact to see if it fits. @Oliver

EDIS: IT's TERRIBLE, MOST. We got like a Dial-Up network because it apppppppprarently got a network burst cap, once we transferred a single command(which it transfer and configure the node automagically, PS: the backup file is around 1 GB), it goes to like 1xMB/s (not typo), and then it went down immediately after like a minute. Eventually, we put EDIS at our last resort plan.

RaptorNode: Ping from Hong Kong (~170ms avg) is okay, might go and see their plans.

RamNode: Haven't tried, but seems their ping are quite fuzzy.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@lifehome if the LEB offers here are not suitable please contact me and I will try and put together a custom plan for you: https://www.ransomit.com.au/leb_offers

Cheers,
    Oliver