Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS (with secured resources) for a Minecraft Server, a TS3, a private proxy, 1-2 domains and mail
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS (with secured resources) for a Minecraft Server, a TS3, a private proxy, 1-2 domains and mail

Hi there :)

I am looking for a vps (kvm) or dedi server

it needs to run:

1 domain www (will be redicted) with nginx/php/mysql
a private proxy (squid) /openvpn (so 2 ipv4 would be good) - just 2-3 users
1 mail/webmailserver for the domain (just for admin mails)
1 ts3 server (free, so max 4-32 users) - mostly not used, just for spare
1 minecraft yogspack server for 4-8 people (should be fine with 2GB)

prefered SDD or SSD hardware cached storage (dont need much, 20GB for the MCS and 10GB for the domain + some space for mail)

Traffic will be (i think): around 1,5TB MAX (should be gigabit routed)
Proxy max 500GB (mostly 50-100GB)
MCS: dont really know but experiance tells me about 100-500GB)
TS3: another 50-500GB

that translates to a VPS/dedi:

2 IPv4
30-50GB SSD or SSD cached store (with Backups!)
2-3 vCores around 2-3GHz
1,5-2TB traffic @ GBit max

if you like to setup the VPS/dedi that would be a bonus for me (and the security for you that the proxy is private + everything is according to your TOS) ... would pay for that a small fee.
i would provide alle informations for you to set these up.

regards

:)

Comments

• forgot to mention: should be US East Coast

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited August 2014

We can offer the following in our Chicago location:

CPU Units: 200

Memory: 2 GB

Storage: 80 GB - SSD RAID10

Bandwidth: Unmetered

Comes with 1 IPv4, 2 with Justification

$7/mo - as per our latest offer.

We use OpenNebula and KVM.

• @GoodHosting said:
    We can offer the following in our Chicago location:

CPU Units: 200

Memory: 2 GB

Storage: 80 GB - SSD RAID10

Bandwidth: Unmetered

Comes with 1 IPv4, 2 with Justification

$7/mo - as per our latest offer.

We use OpenNebula and KVM.

and you are ok with Minecraft Server usage, private proxy, GBit connection ?

• You'd probably want Minecraft on it's own box. It starts to eat resources fast when you add new players and chunks. With 1.8 being mainly client optimisations though maybe 1.9 will be server?

• OffshoreasiaOffshoreasia Member
    edited August 2014

I suggest you to order a second smaller vps for your VPN.15-20 $ / year you get it here at LET

• i know the pros and cons but please let GoodHosting aswer

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited August 2014

@pumuckel said:
    and you are ok with Minecraft Server usage, private proxy, GBit connection ?

Assuming the proxy is for PRIVATE USAGE ONLY, then we have no problem with this. (I.E.: Whilst hosting a public anonymizer is against our terms, we do not generally have problems allowing users to run their own private VPN, private proxy, etc.) However, you cannot run as a TOR exit node; regardless of how restrictive it is (this is where we draw the line.)

We have no problem with you hosting a Minecraft server either, but we would suggest looking into DDoS protection options for it in the future (as they are likely targets for attacks.) Our Chicago location might not be the best for Minecraft however, as from our experience; the server software is bound to individual core clock speed, and might perform better on a desktop processor.

As per the gbit, we have no issues with that either.

It's worth noting that because we are a true cloud provider, your purchased resources can be divided into any number of Virtual Machines in OpenNebula, if you would like to isolate your services (which you may wish to do for security purposes, and to fight he resource contention that a Minecraft server may create.)

• i have no interesst in Tor, its just a poxy/vpn for me and my wife to watch netflix
    the MC Server will be just for friends, so no public Server (but has to have dedicated resources --- shared are NOT welcome)
    everything on this Server ist just used by me, my wife, my kid and the MC Server by 3-6 other people

• @pumuckel said:
    i have no interesst in Tor, its just a poxy/vpn for me and my wife to watch netflix
    the MC Server will be just for friends, so no public Server (but has to have dedicated resources --- shared are NOT welcome)
    everything on this Server ist just used by me, my wife, my kid and the MC Server by 3-6 other people

Then you should have no problems :).

• can you contact me by pm, so we can figure out the terms of usage and as i stated maybe a preinstall ?

• pumuckelpumuckel Member
    edited August 2014

anyone else with offers ?