Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Req] Cheap Dedi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Req] Cheap Dedi

I'm looking for a dedi, good provider, with a couple of wants. Don't need them all but would be nice. I have about 7 VPS and would like to just consolidate them all and get rid of them.
I have a budget of about 20-50 a month.
Looking for 8-16Gbs of ram.
2-5 IPv4 (and native IPv6)
1-2 1tb HDD (will take 250-500Gbs)
100mb/s guarenteed.
DDoS protection (never know when you're gonna piss someone off)

Will to cut down on some of my wants. I've browsed around places like Kimsufi and SoYouStart but wanted to get some quotes first.

Comments

• This
    And or This

• I've seen online.net something to consider.

• Delimiter's Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB disk is $20/month (paid quarterly) or $30/month (paid monthly). You can add a second disk, extra IPs, etc. See the link in my sig.

• find kimsufi

• Recently got one of these and happy with it.

Thanked by 1abat
  • Caveman122Caveman122 Member
    edited August 2014

@alexh said:
    Recently got one of these and happy with it.

Nice, they also offer an additional 1TB 7.2k RE drive for an one time setup fee of $65.

• @alexh said:

How would you rate slicebox? I saw them not to long ago.

• waiting for this server RepriseLDED special
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1405026

• thank you for considering Slicebox, also robinjoo1, the special you are waiting for the cheapest one for $29 has only 2GB ram , for a 8G server it is $44 i guess.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited August 2014

Isiah said: How would you rate slicebox? I saw them not to long ago.

I haven't been with them long, but great so far. Support responses are quick, and setup was done within the day I ordered. I'm in the Vegas location and network is good, but obviously I can't speak for the LA location. I only wish they had monthly upgrade pricing on hard drives, and possibly an option for solid-state drives.

• MarkTurner said: Delimiter's Dual X5150

I have one - can recommend.

Still praying for this deal other locations though

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@robinjoo1 said:
    waiting for this server RepriseLDED special
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1405026

I believe your order was one of the servers I provisioned about half an hour ago. Enjoy the server!

• is Delimiter's Dual X5150 @ $20/mo for lifetime?

• @aolee said:
    is Delimiter's Dual X5150 @ $20/mo for lifetime?

Yes

• @nexmark said:

damn so tempting

• @BrianHarrison said:
    I believe your order was one of the servers I provisioned about half an hour ago. Enjoy the server!

No i was rejected :(

• No offence but Delimiter's sales team are so dodgy... I emailed them to get an upgrade but didn't get a reply for 24hours so I emailed again and this time I got the reply the next day. I still have to wait again for them to modify the invoice :(

• I'd really like to consider @slicebox, would be cool if they had DDoS protection.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited August 2014

@alexh said:

the i3-530 at oneprovider is less than half the cost and has better specs, unless you need the extra RAM. would take the 2x1TB in hardware raid and 1Gbps uplink over that any day (actual speeds to expect would be up to 50 MB/s downstream and 30-35MB/s upstream)

Intel Core i3-530 2.93 GHz + IPMI 2x 1TB HW RAID 1 4GB 1Gbps (*ed: oh, i should add that I don't know how much they'd charge you to add more IP4 addresses, you can get ipv6 by requesting in support ticket, for free, or used to be)

if you cut down on your "want" of 8 GB RAM

• oh, i see that one is on promo for $27. so, nm, the one on oneprovider is only about $2 cheaper. oops.

yeah, that is a good deal.

• @Ruriko - I think the word you are looking for is slow not dodgy.

Thanked by 1HWAYS